“view better than food”

Gallatin River Grill
Ranked #43 of 247 Restaurants in Bozeman
Cuisines: American, French, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Gallatin River Grill is the most spectacular place to dine in Bozeman and southwest Montana! With breath taking views, creative & classic cuisine, an outstanding wine selection and a full bar, the lodge guarantees a dining experience you will remember. We are so appreciative of our local farms, ranches & dairies that allow us to bring such quality products to our guests. Our wine list boasts unique selections from around the globe. Our dining rooms offer picturesque views of the Spanish Peaks, a table side trout pond, grazing dear, eagles & hawks and the occasional rainbow. The Lodge also offers an exceptional space for corporate dinner parties, weddings, retreats or any array of special events. We are open nightly and reservations are appreciated!
Reviewed August 23, 2013

a beautiful setting down a dusty dirt road. Great fresh salads. Unfortunately the service, what little there was, was very slow. 4 people with empty water glasses for 15 minutes. Took an hour to get food and it was not that good and highly overpriced. I had soup and wife had salad. salad was great. soup was gumbo that had a light roux and served with chickpeas (garbanzo beans) instead of rice. Cajun country is mostly rice paddies where they harvest their crawfish. I never heard of chickpeas in a gumbo instead of rice and would never order it again. We come to an area famous for brown trout, cutthroat trout and my favorite whitefish and we end up eating poorly prepared farmed rainbow trout available to every diner or cafe in the country, except our bill for this poorly cooked slimy skinned fish was 199.00 for 4. It was served with a lentil, black bean and corn mixture that was bland. Bread may be homemade. That doesn't equate with good however.

fishflymt, Manager at Gallatin River Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Thank you for visiting Gallatin River Lodge. We are extremely disappointed that your experience was not what you were hoping, and we apologize for that. The evening that you experienced is not the level of service that we strive for. We are very sorry that you did not enjoy our style of gumbo, we would have loved to take care of that for you. It is not legal for public establishments to harvest trout out of our river systems; as well as, we are in the fly fishing industry and know that our Montana Native & Wild trout would not be able to sustain their population, if they were harvested. The guests that are staying and fishing with our guides are not even able to keep any of the trout (or whitefish) that they catch. I am not sure where you received your information about the local Montana company that we get our Rainbow and Cutthroat Trout from, called Trout Culture, but they have cold water pond raised trout from the Paradise Valley and the Ruby Valley. Their fish does not ship out of the region, and is as far from your normal “farm raised” trout as anything you will catch in the rivers here. Yes, our bread recipe is very simple, to not take away from our special Great White Bean Garlic & Herb Spread with Olive Oil. The two together are spectacular! Please let us know when you return, we will be sure to make it a much better experience for you. Thank you, again for your feedback.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

The service is terrible. I don't know if they had a chef down or not but we went there last night at 6:30. At 8:15 our starters had not arrived, so we went to Speak to someone. The manager was a young punk kid that didnt really care what we had to say. The meals came out an hour later. It was not that busy in the place, so I don't know happened.

But I know I would not recommend this place to anyone EVER

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Researched this place and was excited to go there. It was great. I had best walleye and it was amazing. My wife had amazing scallops. Great view.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We are from Bozeman and brought my sister and her husband for a special night out. This was our 4th trip there, and by far the best one yet! We had a vegetarian who was very satisfied with his walleye meal. Two of us had tenderloin and it was excellent! We had salads as well and they were delicious too. Dessert was outstanding, creme brûlée and a blueberry parfait topped it all off! I would recommend it to anyone looking for a special meal out in Bozeman. Our only complaint would be that there was no air conditioning, and although all windows were open it was a hotter night and it felt warm. But we would highly recommend this experience!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I had the salmon with yellow split peas and lentils. It was amazing and the chef was very accommodating to my gluten allergy.