“My "Go To" Local Restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gallatin River Grill

Gallatin River Grill
Ranked #34 of 234 Restaurants in Bozeman
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Gallatin River Grill is the most spectacular place to dine in Bozeman and southwest Montana! With breath taking views, creative & classic cuisine, an outstanding wine selection and a full bar, the lodge guarantees a dining experience you will remember. We are so appreciative of our local farms, ranches & dairies that allow us to bring such quality products to our guests. Our wine list boasts unique selections from around the globe. Our dining rooms offer picturesque views of the Spanish Peaks, a table side trout pond, grazing dear, eagles & hawks and the occasional rainbow. The Lodge also offers an exceptional space for corporate dinner parties, weddings, retreats or any array of special events. We are open nightly and reservations are appreciated!
Montana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My "Go To" Local Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

At least once a year I throw birthday parties, engagement parties, thank you parties, divorce parties and the ever popular just-cuz parties there! I always take anyone visiting from out of town, and my husband & I use it as our usual celebration spot or, "Hey, we just want to eat some good food" and our "Hey, we just don't want to cook tonight & we deserve a night out"!
They use locally raised foods whenever possible which is always excellently & interestingly prepared. The service is excellent, the people always friendly and it's a beautiful location.
The Gallatin River Grill is, without hesitation, my "go to" local restaurant!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
fishflymt, Manager at Gallatin River Grill, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
It sounds like you do not need an excuse to come and see us. We really appreciate the support! We love to see and take care of our regular guests and their friends, families, neighbors, co-workers, etc. We look forward to seeing you again, for whatever party or occasion you choose.

Bozeman, Montana
“Beautiful setting and amazing food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

This is not the restaurant you go to if you are in a hurry. The setting is overlooking a meadow and the gallatin river. So as you are eating dinner you are watching wildlife all around you. They have both indoor and outdoor seating and the atmosphere is very relaxed. The food is amazing!!!! Needless to say, go and enjoy the evening and make sure you don't have anything scheduled, because the food really is paced at a very leisurely pace. I would suggest reservations.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank faithnofear
Thank you for your post. We are glad that you were taken care of at a pace that was suitable for your schedule. If there is ever a need for an "amazing meal" with a quicker pace, we have no problem accommodating and getting you on your way. We look forward to seeing again.
Joliet, Montana
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

We enjoyed dinner at the Gallatin River Lodge as part of a one night stay at the lodge. The food was excellent. Most tender steak I've ever had. Enjoyed every course during our almost two hour dinner! Recommend to anyone looking for a special night out.

Visited December 2012
Thank you for your post. We are so happy that you had the opportunity to relax and take your time with dinner. We look forward to seeing you on your next special night out. Or, for a spectacular meal if you are just passing through Bozeman.
Viera, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food, service and ambience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

The "Perfect" place for dinner - especially if you want a delicious meal, accompanied by attentive servers and topped off with an incredible view of fish jumping in the pond and deer in the meadow. AND lets not forget ending the evening with a "Kodak moment" sunset. Great, great restaurant - whether you are a lover of food or nature - you will definitely not be disapointed!!!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank GV1-GV2
Thank you for posting! We are so glad that you enjoyed your time and experience with us... and all of the nature that surrounds our establishment. We look forward to seeing you again.
Springfield, Oregon
“Beautiful Surroundings, Average Restaurant!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I am rewriting my first review in order to address a couple of earlier comments from the restaurant. As we walked through the front door up to the reservation desk, there was a dining section to the right with what looked to be a bar in it, as well as a dining section to the left. We were led promptly to the left to what I thought was the main dining area, as I assumed the section with the bar would be considered the bar area, as it commonly is in most establishments. We were seated immediately, so I didn't have much time to notice the decor in the area of the bar which, according to the restaurant, is very nice and actually the main dining area if I am understanding them correctly. That being said, I can only testify as to my impressions of the dining area on the left to which we were led. It was empty when we arrived and very average in appearance, devoid of much decor and still having a newness smell. My mother thought it had an uninviting "warehouse" feel, although the tables did have nice white linens and the room had large picture windows with a nice view of the surrounding grassy countryside and children playing. My mother commented on the very short menu, and we all wished there had been more items to choose from, although I do understand the rationale behind this which is to allow the chef to specialize the menu. The wine and cocktail were good. Food preparation was just okay overall. The meat on my half rack of ribs was rather dry, and I did not like the hard baked beans that came with the ribs. My husband's steak was good, but his Yukon gold potatoes were quite overcooked/charred. My mother had chicken which she liked but didn't think the serving size was large enough for the amount paid. Although we were the first ones seated in our dining section, we were the last to receive our dinners, and so we all felt that our service was a little slow with a significant lag time between our salads and the time our dinner arrived. From observing other tables, this did not seem to be the norm and could have been because our particular waiter got our orders in late--I'm not sure. All in all, we just felt that the atmosphere in the dining area on the left, meal pacing, menu items, and prepared food just did not justify the premier prices commanded at this restaurant! We are really glad we tried it but in all likelihood will not return.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Wendy W
fishflymt, Manager at Gallatin River Grill, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for your response. I am sorry that we were not the experience that you were looking for. We are definitely not "most establishments", and very proud of that.
We are very unique....
Yes, we have a bar, but we do not have a "bar" scene. Yes, the "bar" is located in our Main Dining Room.
... We are on a 350 acre ranch with amazing views of the Montana countryside and mountains, and you had the privilege (most guest think it is) of sitting in our Patio Dining Room with a 25 foot wall of glass doors that gives you panoramic views. Many guests enjoy the rustic stained concrete floors, cedar walls and the pictures of Montana scenery from local photographers. Sorry that you did not enjoy this kind of decor.

"although I do understand..."

The few issues with the food quality are definitely not what we are striving for. We think that portion sizes have become way to large, and we price all of our entrees with the local market. I would encourage you in the future, with any restaurant, to talk with your server and have them remedy your concerns right away. Restaurants would love the opportunity to take care of you, and have you leave happy by cooking you a new plate or having you choose another entree. As for the pacing, I am not sure what happened there either, but we apologize for the lag time. Many of our guests come to dine with us and are here to take their time (3 + hour meals).

We are certainly saddened by your comment that you will not return, but we truly hope that you do. Let us know, so that we can make sure to seat you in the Main Dining Room and give you the experience that you are looking for.