“Very Friendly staff and excellent housekeeping”

The Lewis & Clark Motel of Bozeman
Ranked #22 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Montana
“Very Friendly staff and excellent housekeeping”
Reviewed June 14, 2010

We just spent one night at this establishment - but we had a very pleasant stay. The staff were all very friendly and more than willing to assist us. Our room was very comfortable - had all the amenities of a 3 diamond property. Housekeeping was excellent. Great location to downtown Bozeman and the university.

On our next visit to Bozeman we will definitely return to the Lewis & Clark!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Seattle, WA
Reviewed June 2, 2010

It was old and had a wierd smell. Some shady characters hanging around. Way overpriced. Dont go there.

Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cgaltrip

Travelers are raving about these Bozeman hotels

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed May 31, 2010

From the moment I walked into the Lewis & Clark, I was overwhelmed by its charm, The lobby is an experience in and of itself, and makes the temptation to stay there hard to resist. It is simultaneously expansive and cozy, and more like a large living room-kitchen than a motel lobby. It's full of chairs, tables, couches, books, magazines, complimentary snacks, a television, a computer, and plenty of literature about all Bozeman and the rest of Montana has to offer. Equally charming and inviting is the staff! I dealt primarily with Lisa, who was at my beck and call from the moment I arrived and not only accessible and accomodating but genuinely concerned about meeting my needs. I'm also convinced she has a doppleganger because in the two weeks I was there, I never saw her leave! It's right in the heart of Downtown Bozeman and surrounded by plenty of stores, restaurants, and nightlife. Obviously there are plenty of other hotels in the area but they're not located in the center of town. I usually stay at the chains being on the road so much...however, I've found many of them have false advertising, hidden charges, and sometimes with the less expensive ones (the ones that the Lewis & Clark are competitive with price-wise) the rooms are not uniform. At the Lewis & Clark, all the rooms are the same price, outfitted with micro-fridge units, coffee makers, WIFI, and plenty of room to spread out. There's really nothing bad to say about this place and there's definitely more good to say but I could go on forever so I think that should cover it! For the record, if this review sounds like "an inside job" I assure you it's not...it's only because I am terminally on the road and have plenty to compare it with. I usually shy away from inns & lodges & B&Bs, etc., b/c you never know what you're getting which is why I am so passionate about what a gem this place really is and how lucky I feel to have come across it. I only planned on staying in Bozeman for one week and at this place for one night thinking it would probably fall short, but I ended up staying for two weeks only because I found this place. For the price, you won't find anything else like it! Enjoy.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Stockport, Cheshire, UK
Reviewed May 28, 2010

What a find- we came to Bozeman to see our daughter who had just finished a year as an exchange student at the university . we stopped 4 days before touring Montana, Yellowstone, Tetons etc . The rooms are large and comfy with television, coffee machine, fridge, microwave. great free breakfast, delicious coffee and a hot punch, homemade cupcakes and banana cake available all the time in reception. computer with printer for guests use. The Motel is central with both the town center and the university only a few minutes walk away. Best of all though was Lisa the manageress and the staff who were so friendly and accommodating and could not do enough for you.
We stopped at numerous motels during our holiday, and this was by far the best (and the least expensive) We even arranged to stay a further 2 days at the end of our stay in the USA before flying back to England. If we were ever in that part of the world again, we would call just to say Hi, even if they were booked up.
P.S - beware - Jigsaws are addictive!!!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed May 24, 2010

First off: If I was a single guy looking for a room for a night, or just road-tripping with some buddies, this would be a great place to stay, all things considering. It is centrally located in downtown Bozeman, right next to a trendy co-op and coffee shop, and across the street are a major grocery store, a laundry mat, a greek restaurant, and a Great Harvest Bread Co.

When you walk into the lobby, the first thing you notice is the eclectic collection of furniture, the jazz music, and the assortment of books and games available on the honor system. They also have a massive bird cage (with birds), which I was told has been there for over 20 years. Off to the side, they have complementary refreshments, bananas, cookies, brownies, and banana bread (the last of which they were out of when we arrived, but had plenty in the morning).

Erin was a great help when we checked in, and offered suggestions for nearby dining locations (we ended up at the MacKenzie Pizza Co - great suggestion, Erin!). They have a lower level exercise area, along with hot tub and steam room, though the security is lacking, especially for the hot tub and steam room to feel all that safe in there by yourself. (I could see where they used to have security cameras, as the wall mount and cable were still there, and they should definitely have some in that off-the-beaten-path location).

Our room was on the third floor, without an elevator, and with a pregnant wife and a one year old, it wasn't the easiest to get all of our luggage to the room. The outside stairs (everything is outside-only accessible) looked like they used to have carpet, and now looked rather decrepit. Each level's outer walkway had green outside carpet, which was rather soiled by the weather.

Once in our room, which was accessed by the sliding glass door (and only window in the room), the first thing you notice is the carpet that looks like it is still here from the 60's, and made us all want to keep our shoes on. The same goes for the chairs in the room, which we used only to store our luggage. Since there is no actual window, the only way to get fresh air in the room is to leave the sliding glass door open, though there is a wall A/C unit, which we did set to Vent overnight. The beds were hard, which some readers might prefer, but made it very uncomfortable for my pregnant wife, who didn't sleep well all night long as a result (she slept much better at other hotels on this same road trip, so it definitely was related to the bed).

The day manager asked me to give them a good review on Expedia, so if you happen to be reading reviews over there, remember that guests are being "asked" to give good reviews. Not that I didn't "like" the place, I just feel that a major remodel is definitely in order, with my one "extravagant" request would be an additional window in the rear of the room, so that you can get fresh air without having to run a Vent, or leave your door open all night.

By the way, the view out the sliding glass door was of the mountains, and other than having people walk in front of your "window", leaving the curtains wide open does present a pleasant panorama.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank ventureJeffrey
Missoula, Montana
Reviewed May 20, 2010

The attention to detail in the Lewis & Clark is amazing.
I can't imagine anyone having anything against this motel. Jazz plays quietly in the lobby; there is free cake, bananas, hot cider and coffee for guests; they can browse books or surf the net - there is a free weights room, a steam room and hot tub (the pool is being refurbished as of early 2010). The rooms had MORE than you need. And it cost me $69, which I thought was cheap for the area and the service. Thank you for a good experience.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Pasadena, California
Reviewed May 19, 2010

I chose the Lewis and Clark Motel after speaking with Lisa, the Manager, on the phone about reserving a room; she was warm and friendly, while still being very professional. When we arrived, the aroma of hot apple cider greeted us in the lovely, homey lobby...there were reading materials about the local area and its history available to borrow, a jig saw puzzle to join in on, treats to enjoy such as homemade banana bread, pound cake and little cupcakes, and most of all a helpful, pleasant staff ready to serve their guests. The room we shared was very nice and clean, it was quite spacioius, and the bed was comfortable. We stayed for six nights and enjoyed every minute of our stay. Lisa made us feel very special and welcome!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple