“Cute motel with friendly service”

The Lewis & Clark Motel of Bozeman
Ranked #22 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Chicago, IL
“Cute motel with friendly service”
Reviewed August 27, 2009

We were just passing through Bozeman and saw the sign and decided to stop for the night; am I glad we did! The staff was very friendly & attentive, the room was clean, and quiet. The sliding glass door on the room was a little weird at first, but didn't bother us. Great complimentary breakfast too!

Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed August 12, 2009

The L & C is a delightful and extremely friendly place to stay. If you want everything cookie cutter perfect this is not the place for you. The staff is wonderful-a true family owned and run business and they will go out of their way to make your stay pleasant-treats in the room even. They are also very knowledgable about the area and attractions. This is a rather retro motel that they are making continual improvements to-I have stayed here 3 years in a row. They are very clean-offer a free continental breakfast and free wifi. They are within walking distance of MSU-my main reason for choosing them the first year-but the next 2 years I stayed because I like them. I really recommend them to anyone who is willing to depart from the chain motel and have a really enjoyable encounter with true Bozeman folks.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
honolulu, hawaii
Reviewed July 4, 2009

Stayed 3 nights. Quiet and clean. Very good prices. Helpful staff, especially Lisa who works hard at making the place feel friendly. Nice selection of (free!) goodies and treats in lounge area. Located next to health food store, Safeway, laundromat, eateries. Few blocks walk to downtown. Nice residential neighborhood behind motel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Virginia
Reviewed May 4, 2009

We stopped at the Motel on a spur of the moment decision based on the retro sign in its parking lot. The room was clean but a bit outdated. However, the large TV was the nicest of any of the hotels we stayed in during a cross country trip. The staff was friendly and helpful. We ate homemade banana nut bread & muffins for breakfast. There were kitchy ammenities like free video and game rentals that made us smile. We were shocked at the other reviews on the site--maybe we were there after the renovation? no muzak at all!

• Stayed April 2009
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 26, 2009

So long as you're looking for a reasonable room for the night, and expect little more then this motel is perfectly adequate.

Warning: I'm used to staying mainly in hostels all over the world, some of the lowest, possible standard, but have also stayed in some hotels of the highest standard but all-in-all I generally have very few expectations, except for a safe, comfortable place to lay my head.

I arrived in Bozeman, did a drive past of Main St, and purely on looks and it's mention in my Lonely Planet USA, decided to call up this hotel first and was given a discount rate on a quiet, Saturday night of $53 by the manager (due to the receptionist, "mis-hearing" my request for 1 night as 1 month). This was the same as some of the other lower rate looking motels that I passed on Main St, so I booked it. The manager was helpful, but the receptionist who took my reservation and checked me in seemed like a bit of a space cadet - very slow and lost. Still, she got me checked in with little fuss.
Continental Breakfast was offered for an extra $3 which I declined.

The first floor room I was given was near reception, had parking outside the glass fronted doors of the room and was large with 2 king beds. Other amenities were free Internet (you might need to ask for a username), a large screen TV (though no remote was to be found), vanity sink, bath and shower, microwave, fridge and a time-delayed coffee machine (I loved this feature - first hotel I've seen one in). Granted it looks slightly dated, and had a very slight musky smell, but it was all round pretty clean, spacious and comfy. I got a good nights sleep, with dark curtains and could only just hear the faint noise of cars passing on Main St in the morning.

Of the extra amentiies - I always take advertised features with a pinch of salt, and in this case you really do - the pool is still out of action (a year after somebody else mentioned it was), the spa/hot tub hours are limited from 4pm to midnight, the casino is 4 video poker machines in the lobby and the Games Room is in a state of disrepair. The pool table was usable, but nearly all the pockets were broken, allowing the balls to fall to the floor - hardly a big deal, unless your still spoon fed and can't pick up a ball.

The location was great. Downtown is just a short 5 minute stroll down Main St, and there is a Safeway supermarket located across the road from the Motel. Downtown Bozeman is pretty cute and picturesque as far as I saw - I arrived late and just hit Pita Pit for some late night food and the Bacchus Pub, which where both pretty good.

If you're looking for a beer, pool or some music, the motel is across the road from the Bar-muda triangle, 3 bars right next to each other .. you'll miss them if you blink. There is a huge litup BAR sign on the Main St outside what looks like a closed building, but if you walk around the back of it, there are 3 bars open until late - pretty old school smoky dive bars, with live music, lots of pool tables and lots of college kids.

I arrived back from my stroll around town late, and went to grab a cold, nightcap beer from reception which I was told was open until 2am.. some grumpy dude (I don't blame him, it's late night on a saturday) came in and when I asked for a beer he said it was past 2. It was 5 minutes to 2 but I was in no mood to argue my case, and hit the sack.

All-in-all a reasonably comfortable and cheap stay, but don't expect too many of the extra amenities.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank loneboarder
boise
Reviewed April 11, 2009

Dirty motel with a large pricetag. They charged me $15 dollars for towels they couldn't clean. They were filty when i got there didn't even use them. Find somewhere else to stay is my best advice

Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
4 Thank bgardner94

Travelers are raving about these Bozeman hotels

montana
Reviewed August 17, 2008

The staff was cheerful. That was good. The good stops there. The place is still under constuction, but when I called to make reservations, they did not mention it. After we got settled into our very outdated room, I asked for directions to the pool. Only then was I told that the pool was closed for repairs, as was the lounge and resturant. I told the clerk that I had planned the weekend around playing in the pool for the evening. The clerk only shrugged, and said sorry. I mentioned that it isn't mentioned on the internet site that there is constuction. She did not reply.
The hot tub was nice enough, and we used it for a while. The pool table is in disrepair. The exercise room is spread through 3 different rooms, and all of the rooms that I saw were in disrepair, with peeling wallpaper, broken picture glass or mirrors, or pieced together carpet.
The room had a cracked sink, but it didn't leak. The enterance locked only after fiddling withthe lock, but the curtain would not stay closed over the sliding glass front wall. We used the chair to keep it closed. The flocked wall paper is peeling, but the beds and linens, bathroom were clean.
I don't usually worry about outdated rooms. I have issues with advertising a pool, dining room and lounge/casino that didn't exist. They are closed for repair.
I only wish I had read the comment earlier, before I had rented the room. I would have never stayed.

Stayed August 2008