“Exactly what we needed!”

The Lewis & Clark Motel of Bozeman
Ranked #22 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

On our way out of Yellowstone, we needed an easy, affordable place to stay! Lewis and Clark was perfect.

The checkin girl was BEYOND friendly and helpful. The room was basic, but clean and much bigger than expected. Free wifi and very fast speeds. The beds we're clean and VERY comfortable. The AC unit was effective too. Continental breakfast and coffee with homemade bread was a nice touch. Smiles all around the whole time we were here.

I'm not sure where some of these reviews came from, but I wouldn't be scared to stay here!

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank mab45

Reviewed June 18, 2014

I really wanted to give the place a chance, so a few of the little details like the sink knobs coming off, a dirty hair drier, the mirror on the door almost falling off and the age of the decor were overlooked. But after a night of sleeplessness and finding out the bed I wasn't in had a huge hole in the comforter... HEARING EVERY NOISE FROM EVERY ROOM AROUND ME as if they were in my room... the piano playing all night.... pillows that feel like you are sleeping on lumps of rocks and a bed that I assure you was far more than 10 years old.... NO ONE SHOULD SUFFER THROUGH THIS PLACE.... THE END. Go out of business, close your doors or update your motel. THE END!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Jenn N
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We stayed here last week for MSU graduation. i was happy before I saw our room-The location next door to the Co-Op and right near downtown was perfect. The lobby was full of interesting collections, puzzles, a lemonaide bar, fresh snacks, and a B&B vibe. However, when we got to our first room on the third floor my jaw dropped. It reeked of mildew, the wallpaper was curling off the walls (it was a mustard yellow velvety 1963 sort of look), the bed was 18 inches off the floor and collapsed in on each side in the shape of a body, thin dingy covers on the beds, carpet torn and tattered, and DIRTY. I called and asked if they had another room and the sweetest clerk was able to help us move to another room that had a new bed and TV at least. I still cannot fathom that the grout between the tile in the bathroom could be so dirty. All they need to do is clean it with some bleach!!! My gosh!!! I used towels (old thin and dingy towels) as a rug bc I didnt want to stand on that floor. Bc it was grad weekend, the town was booked, so we sucked up the 159$ a night price. Sleep was difficult as I heard every conversation on each side of our room and every step above us. In the end, I was so horrified with myself bc I didn't check trip advisor before booking our rooms there....never again.

Room Tip: renovated rooms are slightly better.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank yotrustman
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Your first impressions of this motel might be negative, but definitely give this establishment a chance! They have a great breakfast in the lobby. They are also centrally located to almost everything in Bozeman. If you desire a 'college bar' vibe, you can just head across the street to what the locals call the 'Barmuda Triangle'. There are three bars of equal individuality. One being a dive bar with local music, another that is more for cheap drinks and good music, and another that has quite a few gambling machines and a plethora of pool tables. All of these establishments have low prices and decent bar food. There is also a Community Co-op right across the street on the west side of the building. They have a deli, great natural and organic food, and when it's nice out you can sit out on their deck and drink a beer! The only odd thing about this motel are the glass sliding doors for an entrance. You have a thick curtain for privacy, and it does a great job of keeping the light out if you want to sleep in. Overall just a good place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Glass doors do not give much privacy. Needs a renovation. Wallpaper peeling from walls,fixtures dated. You can hear everything your neighbors do and say. Bed was great seemed like it was new. Next trip to Bozeman I will have to try a different place.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank bigtimber14
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I stayed four days at the Lewis and Clark and found it somewhere between satisfactory and good. The location is great - on the edge of downtown, close to the university and, best of all, right next to the Community Coop Organic food store and deli! Easy to walk over for a snack or a meal.

I wish I could give it a higher rating because the staff is very nice and helpful, and it is a friendly, local landmark, but it is a bit run down. The furniture in the rooms is old, the carpets worn, and the paint peeling a bit. But, having said all that, I would stay here again. My room was clean and they provide good coffee and a fresh fruit salad with homemade banana bread in the morning. The "lobby" is an eclectic mix of collectibles, nicknacks, potted plants, and silk flowers.

If you don't need modern and new, for the price and location, this is a good place to stay!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank WestCoastGreengirl
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Booked LC motel on short notice due to the positive reviews and was NOT disappointed! The staff is amazing, especially the owner, Lesa! The lobby is like a museum that you can browse for hours. The morning banana bread is to die for. The rooms are quite comfortable, and I slept like a baby. The location is perfect, so close to downtown Main Street. We will stay here again! Thank you!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family