“If you're old, you're not welcome at Ted's”

Ted's Montana Grill
Ranked #5 of 240 Restaurants in Bozeman
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Ted's is for the young and beautiful. If you are old you WILL be ignored as I was recently. I had to force the bar tender to wait on me. They did not want to seat me at a table and the service was so bad that I finially left without ever receiving my meal. I'm serious, if you are not young and beautiful, go someplace else.

3  Thank Lou S
There are newer reviews for Ted's Montana Grill

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Wow, Ted's was our go to place in Bozeman for a great meal but last Monday we took friends from Pennsylvania for a treat and were disappointed. First of all there were no signature brined cucumbers . They were out they said, hum., don't understand that. I'm sure cucumbers and salt are available everywhere. Then the steaks were small, one ordered medium rare was well done. The garlic mashed potatoes, for all that had them, were cold from the kitchen. Too bad, we hope it was a new chef or something.

1  Thank GordoMom
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Upon reaching Bozeman on a Saturday night, I quickly found the older area of town on Main St. I knew that this was where I wanted to have a nice meal with my wife after being on the road all day. There were a lot of cool, old bars and restaurants. Some of them offered al fresco dining on this beautiful night at the end of July.

We walked up and down Main St. to make sure to take in all of our options. We settled on Ted's and were quickly seated on the sidewalk. They had a very good menu and, of course, I just had to try a bison steak topped with a crab cake. The bison was very good; cooked medium rare, just as I asked. The crab cake was dynamite! I went to Baltimore last September and I assure you, this crab cake in Bozeman could have held its own. The waitress told me that it was jumbo Blue Crab mixed with panko and southwest seasoning. I might try to replicate it at home. I also had a Bozeman-brewed Hop Zone IPA that was very good and very strong. My wife had some trout that okay.

My only complaint that I had wasn't the restaurant's fault at all. The noise on the sidewalk, with all the Harley's and super-charged monster trucks speeding past made for a very loud meal at times.

3  Thank halekido
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This restaurant is ABSOLUTELY disgusting. They are serving SWEATSHOP beef and bison. No one in this establishment knows how to cook a proper steak. Period. You ask for medium rare, and you get a moo-ing bloody carcass. I sent my steak back BOTH times and they still couldn't cook it right after sending it back. Pitiful, especially for a "STEAK" restaurant. MY LEFT NUT a steak restaurant. They overcharged us for things we ordered, but never got. They never offered to-go boxes to take our worthless leftovers home to recook what they couldn't do. They packed us into that tiny restaurant like CATTLE waiting to be slaughtered. I would never recommend this restaurant to anyone. This has been by the worst food and the worst THREE experiences I've ever had. Yes, three. I've tried it three times, thinking it was going to get better. WRONG. It got worse.

1  Thank JN176769
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Ted's signature bison meatloaf with gravy, backed squash, a giant baked potato, and homemade biscuit to top if off. I think Oprah even published this awesome meatloaf recipe . Also enjoyed the chopped side salad. For desert the seasonal strawberry shortcake was among the best I have ever had.

We reserved a booth which I think is preferable over a table.

3  Thank Dave B