“Bison!”

Ted's Montana Grill
Ranked #5 of 237 Restaurants in Bozeman
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Renton, Washington
“Bison!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Upon reaching Bozeman on a Saturday night, I quickly found the older area of town on Main St. I knew that this was where I wanted to have a nice meal with my wife after being on the road all day. There were a lot of cool, old bars and restaurants. Some of them offered al fresco dining on this beautiful night at the end of July.

We walked up and down Main St. to make sure to take in all of our options. We settled on Ted's and were quickly seated on the sidewalk. They had a very good menu and, of course, I just had to try a bison steak topped with a crab cake. The bison was very good; cooked medium rare, just as I asked. The crab cake was dynamite! I went to Baltimore last September and I assure you, this crab cake in Bozeman could have held its own. The waitress told me that it was jumbo Blue Crab mixed with panko and southwest seasoning. I might try to replicate it at home. I also had a Bozeman-brewed Hop Zone IPA that was very good and very strong. My wife had some trout that okay.

My only complaint that I had wasn't the restaurant's fault at all. The noise on the sidewalk, with all the Harley's and super-charged monster trucks speeding past made for a very loud meal at times.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank halekido

Bozeman, Montana
“TERRIBLE FOOD TERRIBLE SERVICE. DO NOT GO!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This restaurant is ABSOLUTELY disgusting. They are serving SWEATSHOP beef and bison. No one in this establishment knows how to cook a proper steak. Period. You ask for medium rare, and you get a moo-ing bloody carcass. I sent my steak back BOTH times and they still couldn't cook it right after sending it back. Pitiful, especially for a "STEAK" restaurant. MY LEFT NUT a steak restaurant. They overcharged us for things we ordered, but never got. They never offered to-go boxes to take our worthless leftovers home to recook what they couldn't do. They packed us into that tiny restaurant like CATTLE waiting to be slaughtered. I would never recommend this restaurant to anyone. This has been by the worst food and the worst THREE experiences I've ever had. Yes, three. I've tried it three times, thinking it was going to get better. WRONG. It got worse.

1 Thank JN176769
Hopewell Junction, New York, United States
“Home style cooking - think comfort food”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Ted's signature bison meatloaf with gravy, backed squash, a giant baked potato, and homemade biscuit to top if off. I think Oprah even published this awesome meatloaf recipe . Also enjoyed the chopped side salad. For desert the seasonal strawberry shortcake was among the best I have ever had.

We reserved a booth which I think is preferable over a table.

3 Thank Dave B
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Best burger I've ever eaten”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stopped for our last meal on the way to the airport after our trip to Yellowstone & the Grand Tetons...Our party had the Avalon burger, teds cheeseburger, the Bison meatloaf & a steak salad...all of the burgers were made with bison meat. Seriously the best burgers ever!! French fries were hand cut & delish too! Salad was just ok...meatloaf very good. Would definitely return here!

3 Thank katie b
London, United Kingdom
“Want Bison?”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We followed the hotel's recommendation and were not disappointed. A large, comfortable wood panelled dining area with adjoining bar area. Waiters in black and white a nice touch. Felt classy but prices were reasonable. Excellent salads - spinach and strawberry yum - good burgers and Bison chilli. Ted Turner is part of the co-operative of Bison ranchers in the area and Bison is an option on his burger and steak menu.

Visited July 2013