“Average Meal”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

I had the BBQ po boy with pork. Overall it wasn't bad but by the time I received my meal the bread on the sandwich was all soggy. The place was busy for lunch though, so maybe other people have had better luck with their food.

1  Thank 406Foodie
There are newer reviews for Cafe Zydeco

Reviewed December 15, 2013

What a delight! The menu is extensive, and I'm slowly working my way through the whole thing. So far, everything I've had here is very delicious. My current favorite is the Shrimp and Grits. I just can't get enough of that! So good.

If you've tried going out for breakfast in Bozeman on Sunday morning, you know it's always a wait anyplace downtown. That's why I was thrilled to find out that Zydeco is open for breakfast on Sundays... and not only that, but I could have crawfish etoufee omelet, beignet and coffee in this really lovely setting. This is my new absolute must go-to Sunday morning spot. I recommend that in addition to your breakfast order, you request a takeout po boy or entree for later.

Lots of reviewers here have commented that they miss the old location. I for one LOVE the new location. The south-facing sunny window tables here are so much more to my liking than the old, dark venue. I just feel happy here!

1  Thank wundersmack
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Finally we made it to Cafe Zydeco after reading and passing by it. We went in for lunch. We arrived shortly after they opened for the day. Within 15 minutes there was a line out the door. Well, that says a lot right there!
Since I have a food allergy, it's a bit more challenging for me to orderf ood that is Creole style, so I ordered my entree dry. It was still delicious, Grit cakes w/ seasoned fried shrimp. My husband ordered Jambalaya, the small size which was HUGE! He enjoyed it said the flavors were all there. We decided we would go back. It was obvious to us that this place has a very loyal following. Service was quick and friendly. Lots of take out orders too.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

The old location near the high school now has a southern chicken cafe, but the Zydeco still exists; it moved to a new larger location about twelve blocks further west, just before West College Street merges into West Main Street.

The new address is 2711 W College St Bozeman, Mt 59718.
At the new location they serve wine, but not beer (per my phone call of September 27, 2013).

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

While I still love their 'light' interpretation of Cajun Cuisine, I miss the homeliness of the old location. Also to me, the food seemed hotter in heat (not spice). My most recent meal was lukewarm at best, staff seemed too busy with who knows what to be bothered. A 'Is everything okay?' would have sufficed. Barn a I'd was friendly and served a good pour.