“Awesome for the true Dude Rancher experience.”
Review of Dude Rancher Lodge

Dude Rancher Lodge
Ranked #34 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Awesome for the true Dude Rancher experience. Trail rides were offered for the whole family that offered fabulous high elevation views of Billings and at great prices! Nearby micro brewery that had a great selection of uniquely brewed beers and ales. When I come back to Billings. MT I know where I'm staying. The Dude Ranch Lodge!

• Stayed: May 2013
Carol F, Front Office Manager at Dude Rancher Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Thank you so much for your awesome review!!! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We do try very hard to make our guest happy!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Although the rooms do need some updating, I think overall the property is beautiful. The staff was extremely nice and the cost was decent. I would recommend my friends stay here too. The weather was wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so very much for your review! We are in the process of remodeling more rooms. Our staff try hard to keep smiles on our guests faces.

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I was very disappointed in "The Dude" this visit. The room, especially the carpet, was not clean nor were the grounds. They did bend over backwards to give a great rate for staying longer than a week. I am not sure I will try it again.

• Stayed: June 2013
Carol F, Front Office Manager at Dude Rancher Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Hello and thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am truly sorry that a resonable rate wasnt given to you! I will pass on to our housekeeping department about the dirty carpet and grounds. Thank you again for the information.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Front desk ladies were very nice. Our room, albeit clean DESPERATELY needs updating. Bathroom has bright orange, textured wallpaper, bright yellow sink & an odd (70's type?) shower enclosure. Our room had an awful view of a parking lot, so the drapes stayed close. Tube type tv, chairs should be used for kindling they were so old & uninviting. I wouldn't sit in one. The bed was pretty comfortable, but the pillows seem to also be from the 70's :-(
There is a computer in the lobby to use for printing boarding passes, etc...pick those docs up @ the front desk.
Overall it wasn't an awful experience, but don't know that we'd stay here again unless they'd made some MAJOR improvements.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank welovescotland!
Carol F, Front Office Manager at Dude Rancher Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We have been remodeling alot of the rooms, especially the bathrooms. We do appreciate your feedback! Thank you again!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Room was filthy. We paid nearly $80 for a room that was dirty, outdated, no fridge, tiny TV placed to high to comfortably see. Bathroom was disgusting. Had to plug in light fixtures in the dark to get them working. Furthermore, my expensive PJ top was left in the bedding. Called the next day to have it ready for someone who lives local retrieve it for me. Denied that they have it. I've called three times and each time, I have been lied to. I've been told management will call me, no one ever does. Unless it's the last place in town, which it was for us, don't stay there. To top it off, my significant other left a tip for the maid. Considerate of the maid to return my top?

Room Tip: Don't do it
3  Thank jean N
Carol F, Front Office Manager at Dude Rancher Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

I truly am sorry about your PJ top. I talked with you the 3 times you called and with your husband when he called I told you if it were turned in some one would call you back. I didnt lie to you! I looked for it myself and asked the housekeepers numerous times if your top was found and each time I was told it wasnt! I truly apoligize that it was not found! I did all that I could do to find it. I didnt know your room was dirty until I read this review. If there is any thing we could do please let us know.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I stayed one night here to be closer to the airport in the morning. The bathroom, while nice with its updated decor, was not cleaned properly (streaks on the mirror, dirt in the sink...). Not only that, the neighboring family kept me up late since the sound traveled right through the wall. The staff was friendly but the hotel needs a better housekeeping crew and soundproofing. The best part was the free taxi to the airport in the morning (half the reason I chose this hotel). I don't think I'd choose it again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank DebbieB473
Carol F, Front Office Manager at Dude Rancher Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review! Feed back is very important and I will pass this information on to the head housekeeper so we can prevent issues like this in the future. I am truly very sorry for any inconvience this issue may have caused you and please if there is any thing we can do please call us! Again thank you for the feed back!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I had a great experience staying at the Dude Rancher Lodge! Clean, friendly and unique in all the best ways!!! Thank you for your warm welcome and for making our stay so enjoyable. What really caught my attention with this hotel, compared to others I've stayed in, is how everyone working there seems so dedicated and sincere. It felt so genuine and that was extremely appreciated! :)

2  Thank Sarah L
duderancher, Front Office Manager at Dude Rancher Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to write a review! Our staff are very dedicated and love to make our guest leave here with a smile on there faces. Thank you again and have a very great day!