“One night stand”
Review of Dude Rancher Lodge

Dude Rancher Lodge
Ranked #34 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The Dude Rancher is an older hotel in downtown Billings. The beds were fairly comfortable, and their tv station selection was adequate. I understand that when were visiting the motel was in the middle of a renovation. It does need to be renovated in several areas (bathrooms, furniture and carpeting). The front office staff was wonderful to work with on our reservation and our 1 night stay. Their adjoining restaurant has limited selections, but a decent breakfast!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Perry840
duderancher, Front Office Manager at Dude Rancher Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write your review! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We have completed the remodel and the bathrooms look GREAT!!!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We booked 2 rooms. The sheets had not been changed in either room. My daughter's room had blood on the sheets, our room had hair that did not come from us and clearly had been slept in - gross. (I note that July 13 another reviewer reported the same thing) Hair every where, in the refrigerator, on the bath floor, in the "Changed sheets" We can do rustic, but we can't do dirty. For $89.00 I'm not sleeping in bedding that hasn't been changed.
The housekeeping staff is sabotaging any efforts the management is making.

Room Tip: Choose a different motel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank JackandDarla
duderancher, Front Office Manager at Dude Rancher Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

I want to stress how sorry I am for your unpleasent stay with us! Please if there is anything I can do please let me know! We try very hard to make our quest happy! Again I am truly sorry!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Quirky room, décor of the whole facility appealing and interesting history. Great location in the middle of town close to restaurants, Art Gallery and other facilities. For a very reasonable cost you can have breakfast in the café in the building - we'd recommend it.

for a very reasonable price we had

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so very much for your kind words and for taking the time to write a review! I am so glad your stay was enjoyable! We do try very hard to make our guest happy! Thank you again!!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We settled comfortably into the Dude Rancher. Nothing fancy, but pleasant. Enjoyed breakfast in the adjacent building, and slept well. Internet was fast. We returned a few days later and again slept well. The bath is well appointed and clean. It's close to downtown and has safe parking. Loved the free tea in the lobby!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
duderancher, Front Office Manager at Dude Rancher Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Hello and thank you so much for taking the time to write your kind review! We are so very glad to here that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a good nights sleep!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Friendly lodge in downtown Billings. The reception staff were extremely helpful as I was travelling solo and it was very much appreciated. Great rooms with big comfortable beds. Original features and branded carpets and quirky bathrooms. I stayed twice here before and after my trip to the TX Ranch in Montana. The breakfasts in the restauarnt were hearty, but the only thing was that the restaurant wasn't open some evenings, but it was a short walk downtown where there were plenty of restaurants. Thanks for the hospitality.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Thank you so much for your kind review and words! We here at the Dude are so glad to hear that you had a great stay with us! We try very hard to make sure our guest leave with smiles on there faces!!!!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed here twice on our way to and from South Dakota. The first room had a jacuzzi tub, coffee maker and a small fridge. I really appreciated the fact that the air conditioner was on when we arrived both times as temps were near 100. The staff here is friendly and I liked the fact that there was a cafe adjoining the motel for a convenient breakfast. We also liked the hidden courtyard parking area which was really convenient for unpacking and felt by safe. The location was good with some interesting shops and restaurants nearby. We were surprised that our second room on the way back through Billings did not have a fridge - so not all rooms are equal. The price is definitely right, though.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so very much for your kind words and for taking the time to write a review! We are trying to put microwaves and mini fridges in the rooms as this will take a bit of time but we are working on it. Were so glad your stay with us was a good one!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I can look past a lot of things, but when we went to bed, we discovered that there was dried blood on the sheets. Totally not acceptable, under any circumstances. They gave us clean sheets when I went to the front desk, but one of those sheets was still wet from being washed, so I had to go back again and get a dry sheet. My wife and I are still shuddering 24 hours later.

Beyond the blood on the sheets, the room looked fine and everything else seemed to be in order.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

I truly am sorry for your experience! I am not sure what was going on with the sheets or why they were even put on the bed in the first place! I did bring this up to house keeping! Please if there is any thing we can do PLEASE give us a call!!! We have someone at the front desk 24 hours a day!