“A NICE PLACE TO STAY, REALLY!”

Riversage Billings Inn
Ranked #13 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Scottsdale
“A NICE PLACE TO STAY, REALLY!”
Reviewed July 26, 2010

The previous reviewer must have this confused with another hotel. This is a great place to stay, I'm on a road trip without a tight schedule, so I decided to stay another day just to catch up on emails and laundry.
The staff is great. Very friendly and anxious to make your stay everything it can be. The free breakfast isn't much, but there's coffee all day and usually free popcorn in the afternoon. My room was clean and quiet, with really big windows overlooking the Billings Clinic (if you look close through the trees). They advised me to use my ethernet cable for better internet service, which I did. Wi-fi reception in my room at the very far end of the building was just barely there.
This place isn't perfect, but they try hard and do a very good job. I highly recommend it, especially considering an AAA rate in the mid-70's. They also have a deal with Perkins and one other restaurant for 15% off for hotel guests. Get a coupon from the front desk clerk. When I went to Perkins they said to keep the coupon in case I wanted to use it again tomorrow.

After spending two nights at Riversage (formerly Riverstone) I am totally convinced that Roofer had this hotel confused with another. I drove past a lot of crappy looking hotels in the old part of Billings before I get to Riversage (which is in a nice part of town). There are parts of Billings that look pretty scary, but near this hotel I saw people (mostly couples) out for an evening stroll around the nearby ball park area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank BJDealer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Vermont
Reviewed July 2, 2010

We stayed here because the next morning we were flying out of Billings Airport and when we looked on this site for a place to stay the #1 spot was for Juniper Inn or something like that and when we stopped by there all we saw was a middle aged woman with her hubby sprawled out in the front of their room drinking a cold one and we thought' no this looks like it is a welfare recipients motel' so we decided on this one...boy were we disappointed!! Tiny tiny rooms with 2 beds (1 Q & 1 F). I tried to sit on the edge of the bed and slid off so i knew the support was gone on this one right away. The lady at the front counter was snippy that she had to work and apparently decided she wanted to let everyone know it. Breakfast consisted of baby muffins, bread items, and coffee/juice/tea. Entry is nice but this place needs a thorough cleaning, carpets and all. I guess it isn't bad for a 'cheap' place to stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Roofers
rbimanager, Manager at Riversage Billings Inn, responded to this review, July 7, 2010
As the general manager of the Riversage Billings Inn, I am very disappointed that this guest did not have a pleasant stay. We strive hard to fulfill all guests’ needs. We take pride in our cleanliness and customer service. All of our carpets in our rooms are shampooed quarterly and the hallways and lobby carpets are shampooed monthly. At the beginning of June we replaced several of our beds. Some of the facts citied in this complaint do not apply to the Riversage Billings Inn, leading me to wonder if perhaps this guest got us confused with another hotel on their trip. We wish these guests would have spoken with management before they checked out so we could have resolved these issues at that time. We invite the Trip Advisor public to give us a try. I am sure you would be pleased.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 19, 2010

The hotel now seems to be called the Riversage Inn. We had a very large well appointed room: Wing chair, sofa, coffee table, floor lamp, dining table two dining chairs, bureau with TV, king sized bed, iron and ironing board, coffee maker, microwave, fridge turned on already cold upon arrival and useable freezer, hair dryer, luggage rack full length mirror. Black out curtains (but no privacy sheers).

I could easily envision staying in this pleasant room a week or more. Two chronic insomniacs slept very well on exceptionally comfortable bed. Plenty of storage. Super clean, very friendly staff, 24 hour coffee, fresh baked cookies, fruit, good breakfast including hard boiled egg, English muffin, pastries, juice. At about $75 double, it's a good value.

A few more easily accessible electrical outlets would be welcome, but it wasn't hard to pull the nightstand forward to access extra outlets.

We will definitely stay here again when we are in Billings. My photos don't do the room justice.

Located next to Billings Clinic.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank onlinealterego
missoula, mt
Reviewed August 24, 2009

I have to say this is the best kept secret in Billings. I have stayed at many hotels in this area, but none compare to this. The hospitality is wonderful!!! The price is right and and beds are comfortable...what more can one ask for? I have a problem with hotels that allow smokers and this is not one of them!! The staff was very accomidating and friendly. I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
4 Thank jerke
Spokane
Reviewed July 14, 2009

I have stayed at the Riverstone Billings Inn twice. Once a couple of years ago when I was helping with my sister in the hospital. This time I was on vacation and stayed there after watching fireworks in Laurel (which if you ever get the chance is the best fireworks show I have ever seen).

Both times I found the staff to be courteous and helpful. I found the rooms to be clean and well cared for. I looked to see if I could find some dust and couldn’t find any. The beds and pillows were comfortable and I slept very well. I also have to say that I heard nothing both times I stayed there. Their tagline is “quietly the best” I would certainly have to agree.

I was impressed with the continental breakfast too. I found the area clean and the selection of items fresh. The coffee was awsome.

I would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone and I will be staying there again the next time I am in Billings.

Thank you!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank SpokaneWineGlass
billings, montana
Reviewed July 10, 2009

Thanks to the employees at Riverstone in Billings Montana. They were very helpful to me and my mother in law. We needed a place for my mother in law to stay on very short notice. Riverstone was very accomodating. The employees were very nice and knowledgeable about the surrounding medical facilities. My mother in law complimented the Riverstone on cleaniness, service and value. More than anything, she was happy to have her dogs to stay with her too and it did not cost much more to have the dogs stay too. Again Thanks Riverstone employees!!!

• Stayed June 2009
Washington, DC
Reviewed June 6, 2008

I have stayed several times at the Riverstone Billings Inn and have found it to be an excellent hotel that offers great value. The rooms are basic, but clean and comfortable, and the staff is friendly and helpful. If you are looking for a place to stay while passing through Billings you could not go wrong at this place.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank RackleJPop