I have real mixed feelings about this hotel. If your purpose in Billings is for vacation or pleasure I would tend to tell you to stay away. If you are in Billings on business the accommodations are acceptable.
The Riverstone Billings Inn sits in the middle of a hospital campus. From what I understand many of the guests are visitors from across the state whose loved ones are hospitalized. For this purpose I would also recommend the hotel.
Since the Inn is not part of a large hotel chain it lacks some of the aesthetics and amenities of a Hilton, LaQuinta or Marriott. You can see that they run on a budget that is probably pretty tight to the vest, so the Inn features a barebones lobby and breakfast buffet area.
The room I stayed in was clean but needed a good renovation. Towels were plentiful but bring your own shampoo, there is none provided, which is something you do not see even in the most highly discounted hotels. Very odd and disappointing in that I had to drive to a drug store to make a visit that there should have been no necessity for. Sorry to be picky, but as a business traveler involved in a sport that has me on the road almost every weekend for most of the year, this was the first time in 23 stays in 2011 that a hotel did not have shampoo provided. Also the soap bars were substandard. On second thought, when you go to the drugstore use a basket and add soap to the shopping list along with the shampoo.
The hotel was comfortable and fine for a two night business stay with only sleep time spend in the building.
I must say that on the positive side it was one of the cheapest rooms in Billings, the internet connection was strong, and the front desk and room staff made in their courtesy, professionalism and enthusiasm the relatively worn hotel shine with personality.
There are a number of restaurants and stores in close proximity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riversage Billings Inn is a quality hotel in Blillings, MT. Unique Blend of Value, Informal Elegance, Situated Next to Billings Clinic, Close to Downtown, Shopping, Restaurants and Entertainment, Free Hot Breakfast, Pet Friendly, Affordable Lodging, Free Wi-Fi, In-room Microwaves & Refrigerators, Irons & Board, Hair Driers, Individually controlled HVAC, Completely Non-Smoking Facility, Just 5 minutes from airport, Room service meals available from the hospital, delivered to the patient's hotel room, for a charge, 5 minutes from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Riversage Billings Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riversage Billings Hotel Billings
- Riverstone Billings Hotel