“Not what you expect from Choice Hotels”

Baymont Inn & Suites Billings
Ranked #28 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Exploring the US
“Not what you expect from Choice Hotels”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I originally booked the Quality Inn (where I usually stay) next door but chose this hotel because this hotel had an airport shuttle after 11pm (which the QI did not). At tiem of reservation I called to re confirm the booking and the shuttle. The clerk asked I would call the day of arrival to remind them I needed a late night shuttle from the Airport. So I did. Since I sometimes use my maiden name to book a reservation-the clerk didn't find my reservation initially. Rather than asking if it couold be under a different name he just stated I must be at the wrong hotel...In any case, I called to remind him about the shuttle, he told me I needed to call back when I got there. So again I did. He was really short with me "10 minutes, door 3" and hung up. We waited in the cold with a 2 year old for half an hour; no shuttle. I called again and he told me the Shuttle ouldn't start and that I am supposed to take a taxi! I could have taken one right away if I was told to look for one going to the Comfort Inn! So we took it. Upon check in I asked if there was a crib in the room. Clerk was agin short with me " yes coffeemaker, microwave, fridge the whole nine yards" he said. We got to our room only to find no crib. I called down and the clerk stated :no cribs standard in the room". That is fine, but didn't I just ask you if there was one, and if not to bring one up?! While the clerk was going to bring one up, my husband foudn a hair on the bed. Being after midnight and having travelled half aroudn the world I was too tired to ask for a change of sheets. I told the clerk when he got to the room that there was hair on the bed and to note it to Housekeeping. After he left we went to the bathroom only to find a lot of hairs behind the bathroom door on the floor as well as in the bath tub. Absolutely disgusting. But too tired to make a fuss about it now. We got a little sleep and had breakfast in the morning. When I removed the cups on the coffee maker tray there was a huge coffee drip stain on it; the tray was never wiped clean! The am staff was litteraly holding their heads up with their hands, hanging on the counters and not even saying "good morning". Very unmotivated. Upon check out I did mention it to a desk clerk (different one than the night before) and she did make a note of it and apologized. I am a Manager of a Comfort Inn and part of the Choice Hotels Franchise, and while I know mistakes happen I am ashamed to have this hotel in be part of the chain. The staff was not friendly nor accomodating and the rooms were not clean. I should have just stayed at the Quality Inn in Billings as I usually do....

Room Tip: Make sure if you cannot do stairs (due to health reasons or the amount of luggage liek we did) to as...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Superboertje
Stacy M, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Billings, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Dear Superboertje,
I apologize for your dissatisfaction with your most recent stay with us here at the Comfort Inn. We strive to satisfy all of our guests needs during their stay with us. I have spoken with the appropriate staff and educated staff oconcerning the process for airport shuttles for guests and have also spoken with the appropriate staff concerning your dissatisfaction. Housekeeping and front desk staff are the forefront of our business as you are well aware of and I assure you that improvements have beenn made since your most recents stay to assure guest satisfaction. Thank you for your time and I hope you will allow us to serve you in the future.
Stacy M.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

i always stay at this comfort inn when i come to visit my dad... and everytime i come the hotel and staff are great. they have done renovations and now have a guest laundry which makes this hotel even better. thank you comfort inn...!

• Stayed November 2012
Dear cjlola22,
Thank you for your comments about your most recent stay with us. I enjoy hearing that all of the staffs dedication and hard work is paying off as the guests comments reflect. We look foward to seeing you again in the near future.
Missoula, Montana
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay the staff was vary friendly and help full. the hotel is in walking distance from several places to eat. front desk night guy was vary helpful and went the extra mile to make our stay comfortable he was vary friendly. house keeping did great at keeping up my room on being stocked and clean always came back to a made bed was nice. they really put the comfort in Comfort Inn.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Bailey B,
Thank you for your response on tripadvisor. We strive to be our best and hearing such positive comments from guests like you allows us to know that all the hard work and dedication from our staff is paying off. We look foward to seeing you again soon.
West Fargo, ND
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The price is to high for want you get. The motel is hard to find off of the interstate, the parking is poor. The rooms are small and not real clean, carpet had stains. The bed was not comfortable and did not get a good night’s sleep. The bath rooms are also small and not real clean. The breakfast was the poorest that I have had at a comfort inn. Will not stay here again, customer treatment was not real good either.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JESmokey
Sara V, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Billings, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Valued guest,

Please accept our most sincere apologies for the difficulties and inconvenience of cleanliness, parking, and breakfast and our location has caused.

At Comfort Inn, we strive for the perfection of our brand standards and services and the satisfaction of our customers.

We guarantee that we will not let this problem persist. To ensure that this does not happen again, we are making some positive changes and training sessions are being held, to return us to the high-level of quality and service our customers deserve.

Thank you for your positive criticism. We look forward to doing business in the near future.

Guest Relations Manager
Austin MN.
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Rude manager Katie, Rude supervisor Sarah Beware of the cancelation notice. Needed a room on the next day for a family member that is having surgery. BY mistake the wrong day was booked by one day. They refused to credit my account. They got money for a room that we can't use. Called cooperate office and they said it was up to Katie or Sarah. Please please Don't Stay HERE!!!!!!! Called Best Wester Kelly Inn warm,helpful . Then also booked a room at Sleep Inn and they also were shocked by what Comfort Inn did. Guess what they are known for this kind of customer treatment!! Poorest in town. Please stay any where but here!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued customer,

Please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience of a non refundable no show, due to our cancelation policy.

At Comfort Inn, we strive for the perfection of our brand standers and services and the satisfaction of our customers. Unfortunately, due to the Nile Rodeo in town and being sold out we couldn't refund your no show.

You are an important and crucial member of the Choice privilege family.

If you have any questions or comments regarding this matter, please feel free to discuss it with me at {email, phone#, website, etc....

Guest Relations Manager
Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

I decided to stay at the billings comfort inn again it was just as good the second time as it was the first! The rooms are clean and comfy the staff is great we had a relaxing time in the spa and breakfast was wonderful! Thanks comfort inn!!!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank cjlola22
Sandy, Utah
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The prices in Billings are high, so you'll pay close to $100 for a hotel that costs $80 most other place. The room was fine. I like two sets of curtains, where one gives privacy and the other keeps the room dark. Other than 2 major carpet stains, the room was clean. The bed was excellent (one of the best) and all the Comfort Inn amenities were fine. I did not eat the breakfast, so I can't comment.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business