“Loved new desk help”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #30 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed January 8, 2009

I recently stayed at your motel on a business trip to Montana, in which I chose your motel even though I had a bad stay there before. I was pleased to see that you had new counter help, and this time it proved to be a very pleasant stay. The ladies name was Tamara, she had recently been hired and had just moved to Billings from Washington. She was so pleasant and made every effort to make sure my stay was a better experience. In my opinion this was the best thing for your hotel, she is nothing but a perfect employee. Wayne Cochran

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business

Reviewed September 7, 2008

We have liked Sleep Inns before but now have them on our beware list. Our non-smoking room smelled like it had been smoked in and air fresheners were covering in up. The coffee pot still had undrunk coffee in it. The trash had not been removed and the room seemed unkept. We got another room. There was undrunk coffee there too. When I turned on the room fan to get some fresh air flowing, it smelled like a urinal in a bar.

I would have rated it lower but at least the sheets looked clean and it wasn't noisy so I got a good night's sleep.

Ooops, I should have had my wife write this! She said the bedspread was dirty, there was hair in the shower and while I slept, someone tried to get in the room - probably given the wrong key by the attentive staff. :-(

Stayed: September 2008
2  Thank GDaddyColorado
Reviewed August 19, 2008

Had to wait 45 minutes to get into our room as it hadn't been cleaned yet even though we arrived after 3:30.
Spa was working fine when we arrived and checked it out looked inviting. Later when we were going to go enjoy it a sign was posted saying "out or order" we kind of felt like it was because so many of us motorcycle enthusist had checked in. (It was just after Sturgis).
But they did provide a motorcycle wash area with buckets , rags, water Etc which was very nice!
Room was large and very clean when we finally got into it. It was quite and comfortable. Good place to stay over all.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2008

We arrived in Billing very late with no reservations and selected this hotel from the exterior condition. The inside was as nice as the outside. Very clean, spacious, nice staff, and reasonable price. The best were very comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2007

I had no idea that Billings in the summer was a resort town, but that's what all the hotels seem to think when you call to ask their summertime rates. They are really bilking the Yellowstoners (and it does not good to try to convince them you are not going to Yellowstone). My advice would be to stay in another city, entirely. Bozeman is much more reasonably-priced. If you can get past paying $140 for a Sleep Inn room, the room does the job. Mine was clean and smelled fresh, though with only one bed it was pretty teeny. Wireless internet worked very well. Shower was clean and worked well. No bathtub, and that's a plus for me. The memorable thing was that all the lights were flourescent, and recessed behind panels, thus giving the room all the charm of a post-op recovery room in a municipal hospital. But, I have an above-average disdain for flourescent lighting. Continental breakfast consisted of your choice of toast or bagel, with coffee or OJ. Not much else. I think if I ever have to stay in Billings again, I'll go elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed July 15, 2007

After over 12 hours on the road we arrived at our hotel, to find our room which we had booked nearly a month in advance had been given to another guest who had been unhappy with the room they were assigned and there was no additional vacancy. They had actually checked us in and given us a room key and upon using the key we found other people in the room. The front desk staff stated this was "not her problem" because an employee on a previous shift had made the error. She called the manager when she saw we were not leaving the lobby area because she said we had become "irritated". After nearly 30 minutes they found that the room originally assigned to the guest who had been moved to our room was open, but only had one bed, and we were a family of 4. We did not find this acceptable and found accomodations elsewhere. The next day I called Choice Hotel Customer Service who forwarded the complaint on to management. I also received a letter stating because their hotels were independently owned, it was up to the discretion of each hotel how these situations were handled. I recieved a 2 line email message with no title from the management of this hotel stating they were sorry and had tried to be accomodating and hoped we stayed with them again. While we were not charged for the room we had originally reserved, it would have been nice if the hotel could have compensated us for their error. From what we saw of the hotel (the lobby and the hallway leading to what was supposed to be our room) it doesn't look like a bad place to stay. On a bright note, we ended up at a wonderful Holiday Inn Express, just a few miles away.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank ohmommy2
Reviewed February 27, 2007

This is not a bad place but we had one major problem here. Upon entering the room, we were greeted by an overwhelming odor of soap/disinfectant. Because there is a pocket door separating the bathroom and the bedroom areas, housekeeping probably feels they need to overdo the "clean" scent to ensure no possible "bathroom" smells evade the room. However, as someone with nasal sensitivities, it was a case of way too much! Otherwise, everything else was as expected for a Sleep Inn property.

• Stayed: February 2007