“Room and bed were nice enought, but”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #30 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Room and bed were nice enought, but they need to update their staff on cleanliness. There was black mold on our shower. We stayed three days and they did not remove our dirty linen, or empty waste baskets. They gave us linen upon request with out any problem. They could be a good deal if they just imporoved the basics

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn

Reviewed June 21, 2011

Not a bad looking place although Sleep Inn's tend to have smallish rooms. The room was nicely painted and decorated, bed was comfy enough.

Things that turned me off: check in person was OK but started complaining that she was not making half much money as folks working fast food jobs in North Dakota; smell of cigarettes lingering in all the hallways; scratchiest towels ever; the girl at the desk in the morning had to manage the desk, phones AND tend to the breakfast room. Breakfast was sparse and the coffee was not made until we aked for some. In fact, this girl left the old coffee from the night before in the carafes! I guess she thought no one would notice (never underestimate a coffee drinker!!!)

When I went to check out, there was an older women who was looking over her bill and questioning if she received a credit for an item. There was a different young lady at the desk who was acutally rolling her eyes at the customer and making faces as the woman asked her question. I mention this because it made me feel uncomfortable and it provided a little insight as to the caliber of staff here and lack of professionalism. No one did or said anything bad directly to me but it made me think that customers were perceived as a nuisance instead of being treated with respect. ICK - not good.

Just to give you some perspective, I was winding down from a 14 state trip in about that many hotels....so you notice things and compare these things to really nice places that have it all together.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank oldgeekswife
Reviewed April 22, 2011

When they quoted me the price of our room and I gave them my credit card they did not give me a copy of the price of the room that they had just quoted me. In the morning when I went to settle the pay they charged me an extra $15 more plus tax (tax I am ok with) than I had been quoted when checking in. Manager was very unprofessional. My advise would be to make sure you get the room quote in writing.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nelson3jamestownND
Reviewed March 23, 2011

Service was so Kind! I was impressed with them. Quiet, safe. Would recommend!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank jaaumich
Reviewed April 16, 2010

Recently on our travels to stay with family in Wyoming we stayed at the Sleep Inn in Billings Montana. On check in we did have a small issue, the manager on becoming aware very quickly addressed our concerns and issues. She has made every effort to ensure this will not occur again and our issues were settled to our satisfaction. This is an example of a professional and courteus manager that went the extra mile. This is a great property to stay at which is close to shopping, interstate , many restaraunts and other services often required while traveling. Anyone who travels can appreciate that when you have an issue which is addressed promptly-you will become a return client and recommend this property to friends and family that travel.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank waywer2go
Reviewed March 2, 2010

I forgot the reason I didn't enjoy my first stay at a Sleep Inn, so I made a reservation for a second try. It didn't take long to remember why I had a negative image of these hotels. The rooms have terrible floor plans.

Most parents are up way before the kids are ready to get outta bed. With the floor plans of both Sleep Inn's I've stayed in there is no way to go through the morning routine without doing a lot of it in the dark....or like I did by plugging in the hair dryer, stretching it into the small bathroom, ,closing the sliding door (which is less than 3 feet from the bed) and drying my hair. Not easy! The reason I did this is because the vanity with the sink and mirror is right beside the bed. Also, there are no tubs in these rooms, so people with young children can forget about giving them a bath during this stay. I don't know many kids who enjoy showers.

I will say that the hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. So if you're traveling alone or you and your spouse get up and going at the same time, this is a fine place to stay. I just would not recommend it for families.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2009

Enjoyed stay. Very clean rooms and staff was very helpful.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business