“It's more than just great sushi!” 5 of 5 bubbles

NaRa
Ranked #160 of 339 Restaurants in Billings
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Montana City, Montana
“It's more than just great sushi!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

We've been going here for years but this was our first trip since the remodel. The new decor is tasteful. The wait staff were friendly and quick to make sure we were taken care of. We had tonkatsu, chicken katsu and tempura shrimp and vegetables. We also shared a salmon roll. All the cooked dishes (including the soup) were hot and very tasty. The salmon rolls were fresh and had a wonderful flavor, no fishy taste here! I can't wait to go back!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Tom W

Billings, Montana
“Fresh,”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

I haven't eaten here in about a year since we have new sushi restaurants in Billings. In the past this was about the only sushi game in town. I have not seen the new remodel. Portions are fairly good but the sushi rolls are cut so big you can hardly get them in your mouth. Staff has been rude or abrupt in the past as well and substitutions are not appreciated, so we gravitated elsewhere. We will no doubt try it again, as I have heard they have made an attempt to step up their game. Besides, you can never have too much fresh sushi!

“Aian food at its best.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

We have been going to the NaRa for over 15 years and have never been sorry for doing so. The Sushi is some of the best thaat we have ever had. The service is very friendly, we are alsways meet with smiles, which makes yoou feel like they not only know yoou, but have missed you since the last time you were here. I always eat the same thing, so our waitress just asks if I want the same, I say yes and arrives in a veery timely manner. /they ave excellant tasting food, will plated and always served with a very warm smile.

Visited September 2012
Helena, Montana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Sushi!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

I have been going to NARA for better than 10 years when I travel to Billings every few weeks for work. They have recently rmodeled and are making some upgrades to their menu. I travel around the United States a fair amount and I am confident when I say it is some of the best sushi you will find anywhere! The only thing I would say is watch for a minute and see how large the protions are before you go ordering like one would else where... They are BIG at most places I can eat 2-3 rolls and some Nigiri by myself. Here I will usually order one and a couple nigiri. The fish is fresh and delicious every time.

• Visited June 2012
“Just go and try it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

This is the best sushi value of the interior west. Fresh, friendly, family owned, fair pricing, flavorful, and full as you will not leave hungry like many other sushi restraunts. The rolls are huge at Nara so do not order like you would in other sushi establishments.

Tried and true, the angry catapiller and Timmy's spicy tuna roll always please. Some new offerings in the works too. When in Billings this is a must stop for the sushi lover.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to NaRa? Share your experiences!