“Stay elsewhere”
Review of Super 8 Billings

Super 8 Billings
Ranked #36 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed July 12, 2011

We got this room off of Priceline and saved a bit, but it was not worth it. First, Super 8 wanted to charge us $20 for a room with 2 beds; we figured the kids could sleep on the floor. The floor was stained and had visible dirt and grime. Although the room was nonsmoking, there were cigarette burns in the bathroom. The bathroom was filthy- little hairs all over.

The continental breakfast get over at 9 am promptly. We got there at 9:02 and there was no food out. My husband was getting juice and was told, "you need to move so I can pick this up now." I will never stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank KKAB
Super8GM03218, General Manager at Super 8 Billings, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2011

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to notify us of your issue. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Reviewed June 17, 2011

Traveling through the area, read other good reviews on here, so stopped for the night. Good news - people were very friendly, shower drained properly & didn't back water up in tub, towels looked clean.

Have internet access, but very weak signal.

Bad news - not sure if there were better rooms that other people talked about & pet rooms are the old worn out ones? But overall room/halls just didn't feel clean to us, wished I had asked to see a room first & would not have stayed. Problem may have been a need to update - things appear not cleaned properly, worn out & at the end of usable.

Cigarette smell in hallways & rooms had fake flowery smell instead of smelling clean. Sticky surfaces, coffee rings that would wipe off . Windows & light switches very grimy; sheets very thin/worn looking (but did appear clean). Bathroom door handle ready to fall off (we screwed it on in 5 seconds). Breakfast minimal - mini muffins & mini bagels, toast, hard boiled eggs, apples & normal juices/coffee.

Paid $85 + $10 pet charge - pretty normal for Super 8, but sorry to say this one doesn't compare to our usual experience with Super 8, & we always have our pet along.

Room Tip: take a look at the room before you committ
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IllinoisMonlou
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Good and clean. The staff were friendly. No problems at all! Would stay again

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Arrived very tired after 150 mile detour due to flooding. desk staff very friendly, hotel and room very clean and comfortable. Fairly close to many restaurants but on recommendation of staff went to Texas Roadhouse ( with a 10% discount voucher) this chain was new to me and Much better than expected. i have only tasted better steak once - in an Argentinian restaurant. It was so good that I sought out another Texas Roadhouse later in holiday. Super 8 is now my first choice of cheaper hotels.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2011

A very basic hotel with all the amenities you need --- free wi-fi, fridge and microwave in room, continental breakfast, etc. I'd heard that it was a noisy night's sleep with the nearby trucking company (across the street to the north), but I turned on the fan (instead of the AC or heat) and didn't hear any diesel disturbances. Continental breakfast included two choices of cereal, an assortment of toast, muffins, and bagels, packets of oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, juice, coffee, etc. Totally sufficient for breakfast. The bed was comfortable and clean, the bathroom was clean, the carpet was a little stained here and there, but nothing too off-putting. It was a decent night's stay, and while I've had better and worse stays at other hotels in Billings, I'd chose this one again for the price and the amenities.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank WesternBusinesswoman
Reviewed March 3, 2011

Staff was friendly, pet friendly, smoking room, perfect for me! LOTS OF PARKING

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank CandyCane87
TaraInn, Manager at Super 8 Billings, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2011

Thank you for choosing us for your lodging needs!! It was an honor having you as a guest. We look forward to seeing you again. Thank you again and have a SUPER day!!

Reviewed August 9, 2010

This was one night of a 3 week, cross country odessy. It was fairly easy to find, just a few minutes off the freeway. We stayed at "higher end" hotels on the trip and this Super was as good as any of them. What sets this motel apart is the staff. Every single one is friendly and eager to assist. While planning the trip, I screwed up the reservations. The manager, Cheryl Ott, was quick to assist and fixed my mistake with a smile. Our room was comfortable and clean. We had everything we needed for a stress-free stay.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank ncerven
TaraInn, Manager at Super 8 Billings, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2010

Thank you for that great review! It was my pleasure to help in anyway that I could. I hope your trip is going well for you after leaving Billings. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon so you can share your adventure with us. Have a safe and wonderful trip!