“Good value”

Perth, Australia
“Good value”
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Good value for money.
Clean room, friendly service, hot breakfast inluded with waffles and biscuits and gravy. Good location off the highway for a nights stay, close to restaurants and services. Indoor hot tub and outdoor pool in summer.

• Stayed March 2013
Faron S, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear An4archy,
Thank you for your most recent comments on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your comments and have shared them with the staff. I look forward to serving you in the future.
Stacy Mclaughlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Poplar, Montana, United States
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Well, the pool was outdoors and we stayed in the winter. It was a nice place, except we were right above the hot tub that was indoors and it made it humid, but itwas ok becuase it was the winter. There wasnt very many parking spaces but what could you expect? there were internet which was nice. Also, there was the free continential breakfast. The stay for two nights was about 160 dollars so about 80 dollars a day.so that was pretty good. they gave me this thing to fill out for about 50 percent off which would be just fantastic if i can use it for more than one night. If it does work i think i will stay there again for my next trip that i am planning. The hotel was just off the interstate, wasnt too hard to find. nice place.

Room Tip: the rooms furthest from the hot tub are the best
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Faron S, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dear Jacob F,
Thank you for your most recent comments concerning your last stay. I appreciate the feedback and have let the staff know your compliments. Once again, thank you so much and we look forward to serving you in the near future.
Stacy McLaughlin
Great Falls
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We recently stayed at Econo Lodge during our sons basketball tournament. Upon arrival, the desk clerk was pleasant who checked us in but the woman at desk that evening Sat Jan 26 was extremely rude to all the motel patrons. We asked for an extra blanket and she just rolled her eyes at us!! She left the desk and 2 people who came in left because there was noone to attend to them. Our room was dirty with hair bands on the floor and not vacuumed. Breakfast area was dirty the next morning so we just checked out and left. We travel quite a bit a but will NEVER be back here nor recommend it to others. Was the worst stay we have ever had in a hotel/motel!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DKH0408
Faron S, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear DKH0480,
I apology for your displeasure with your most recent stay with us. I take each comment as a learning opportunity and am addressing your current complaints with the staff. We want to make each guests stay as pleasant as possible and once again i apologize that yours was not this way. I would like the opportunity to earn your business back.
I look forward to hearing from you in the future.
Stacy M.

Travelers are raving about these Billings hotels

Belgrade, Montana
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We were able to enjoy the Econo Lodge in Billings, MT the night of Sat. Jan. 19, 2013. Upon checking in the attendant was very kind and personable. The next morning - after waking from a WONDERFUL sleep on the nicest mattress EVER - we enjoyed a very fine (more than) continental breakfast. Not only was our room clean - but ALL of the facilites were. Thank you for an enjoyable stay. ~ Michele D

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Michelle D,
Thank you for your comments on trip advisor. I appreciate you spending the time to publish your comments about the hotel and will be sharing this with the hotel staff. Your comments let us know that all of our hard work is showing. We look forward to serving you in the future.
Stacy M
Miles City
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I phoned for a reservation several days in advance, and gave a credit card number to hold the reservation. On the day I arrived, they could not find the reservation in my name. However, I did have a confirmation number, which I produced, and I was checked in without additional discussion. Two weeks later, I noticed on my credit card statement that I had been charged twice! The first charge was for the day I made the reservation, and the second charge was for several days later, on the day I actually stayed. I called the hotel and spoke to the manager. She would not listen to reason. She just insisted I was a no-show for the first charge, and that I had had the 24 hour cancellation policy adequately explained to me. No amount of trying to explain to her that there had been a mistake (perhaps a keystroke error?) in the booking process would dissuade her. I pointed out that the clerk who actually checked me in several days later, when I actually did spend the night, didn't question the date discrepancy when I had produced the confirmation number. Didn't that clerk notice the date discrepancy? Why didn't the clerk say something? The manager stated that she herself had made the reservation when I called, that she knows exactly what she says to people on the phone, that she would not have made a mistake, and that mistake had to have been mine. She would not credit that money back to me. When I told her I would never stay there again and planned to contact Corporate about it, she told me I was free to do so. My experience trying to work with Choice Hotels Corporate was no better. I spent an hour on the phone trying to get someone to talk to me. After being put on interminable hold numerous times, being cut off several times, and even being transferred to a Comfort Inn site manager in a state on the opposite side of the USA, I gave up hope of resolving the problem by phone, and filed a complaint on Corporate website. I got an e-mail confirmation stating they would research the problem and reply to me within 72 hours, which they did NOT do. I just couldn't afford to lose $80 at the hand of an unreasonable hotel manager, so I had no recourse but to contact my credit card company. They gave me a permanent credit on my account and told me they would be contacting Choice Hotels Corporate to recover the money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Carilee S
Faron S, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear C.S.
Thank you for your response on Trip Advisor. As we discussed on the phone, I explained the 24 hour cancellation notice and also explained the details concerning your reservation being made and the dates and times that the reservation was made. We strictly enforce a 24 hour cancellation for guests in order to have rooms available for guests. I apologize for the misunderstanding on your reservation. With you providing the confirmation number for the no show reservation guests are given all of the details concerning their reservation once the reservation is confirmed and guests are also instructed on the 24 hour cancellation policy on our website and also on the phone when the reservation is made. Once again I apologize and hope you will give us another try in the future. Thank you for your time.

Denver, CO
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I cannot say enough good things about the Econo Lodge in Billings, MT! We have stayed there 3 times between Thanksgiving & mid-December. I had never stayed at an Econo Lodge before, but while traveling 900 of 1600 miles with a child & a very ill old dog, I was exhausted, it was late, and their sign said "Pet Friendly." They are VERY easy to get to off I-90, and the desk clerk (Pamela) was so so sweet. She gave us the choice of room that worked best for the poor old dog (ground level, exterior & interior access, near the grassy area), even though they were renovating on that hallway and would have preferred us to take a newer, pet-friendly room upstairs. The breakfast was great, the laundry convenient, and the house-keeping staff was uber-accomodating. We liked it so much that we stayed there on the way BACK the next week, and that late-night desk clerk (Chyna) was equally helpful and even gave us our same room so that the blind, deaf, geriatric dog would be more at home! So of course, on our last trip of the move a couple of weeks later, with 2 dogs in the room (and 4 cats, an invertebrate habitat & 2 goldfish in the vehicle), we stayed there AGAIN! Our original desk clerk was "on" when I called from about an hour out, and she remembered us - making us feel very special! Back into our same, familiar room - animals happy, kiddo happy, mama happy. Econo Lodge in Billings, MT, is clean, friendly, accomodating - everything I could have hoped for! And the price was great - they even gave me a discount that I saw on my phone but hadn't printed on paper from the computer.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west end, first level, are GREAT for dogs!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Stephanie W
Faron S, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Stephanie,
Thank you for your comments on your most recent stay. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to seeing you in the future.
Great Falls, Montana
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Again we enjoyed our stay for 5 days at the Econolodge in Billings. This is a great place for the money and a good continental breakfast. The desk is always friendly and accomodating. They are currently updating the place with a nice look inside but did not interfere with our stay at all over Thanksgiving. Thank you again-- (although would still enjoy yogurt with the breakfast so I don't need to bring my own... BUT the microwave & small frig in the room was GREAT!!!)

Room Tip: we always stay on the upper floor to avoid walking above noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank rita w
Faron S, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Rita W.,
Thank you for your comments concerning your most recent stay with us. I have shared your comments with the hotel staff and we appreciate you and your business. Thanks to customers like you we continue to strive to improve our hotel to better serve our guests and your comments let us know that what we are doing is working. We look forward to seeing you in the future.