I just stayed one night, over the Labor day weekend (2012) as a rest stop. For what I paid online w/ AAA discount (from Choicehotels.com rsvp...which is the parent company), its wasn't too shabby. In fact, it was pretty good. I noticed that outside were a stacked of mattresses...all being replaced. Could this be a start of a full remodel??? hope so.
My room was clean. Though it is an older property so it has some dated décor. Oh btw, all economy hotels and motels should rid the flowery bed covers. lol. And go with a simple white sheet and accent blanket thing at the foot of the bed (like high end hotels). This will be easier to wash...and eliminate the horror stories of "stains" on the bed cover. yuck. The paint, wallpaper and carpets are ok. looked clean...but outdated. I didn't get freaked out....which is good.
- The bathroom was clean. Though the water drain in the shower/tub drained very slowly. However, hot water and pressure was very good.
- This is the first lodging place I have ever seen to give sampler toothpaste. next to the lotion, shampoo, conditioner. Thought it was neat. I did bring my own though.
- free breakfast was available....hot and cold. (note: Hot is biscuits and gravy (no meat) and waffles).
- Pool is outside in back, fenced.
- Hot tub was in a room right in the lobby - full view. is big brother watching???? lol
- Bed was comfy. slept well.
- Though the AC/fan unit is older (in/through wall type), it worked fine. Again, just outdated look and technology....not central or wall panel climate controlled.
- The staff is very quiet almost unsociable. I didn't get one hello....unprompted. Seemed odd. Oh well.
- Also something I have seen in other places as well is that there is that weird smell in the side exit/entrance stairwell areas. Can't pinpoint it. Carpet cleaner??? adhesive??? Ventilation??
- Since Billings is primarily industrial, trains go through the city...sometimes at inconvenient times (11pm) blowing the horn. Don't think you can avoid this regardless of place.
Other than that. Not bad. Quick access to restaurants and freeways.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Econolodge is conveniently located off of exit 446 off of Interstate 90. Fast food as well as family dining are within a 5 block radius. We are centrally located to shopping and Billings area attractions. We are pet friendly, offer free wi-fi, guest laundry services, free continental breakfast, expanded cable and have an indoor jacuzzi and outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Econo Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kelly Hotel Billings