“Sleepless in Billings”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #37 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Oh my. We can deal with a lot, but this was beyond the pale. The room itself was okay, but the sink area, which is immediately on the right as you enter, was chipped as though someone had chewed on it (a while ago). There was only one water cup instead of the usual four, and one coffee cup, and the coffee machine was broken. The facial tissues were empty after the first pull. When we opened the drapes, the view was horrible. (See photo.) Finally, the air-conditioning was very loud (think 747 takeoff), so we put in earplugs. But as the night progressed, another, extra-terrestrial sound periodically added to the din. What a disaster. We wouldn't return if back in the area unless we could first vet the room.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before agreeing to book.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Faron S, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Dear Patricia Pimental,
Thank you for your response to your most recent stay. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. I have spoken with the appropriate staff and am implementing new policies to continue to improve our services to improve guest satisfaction. Once again thank you for your feedback and I look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I paid almost $100 per night for a single room with a noisy air conditioner, a clogged up bathtub, dripping water in the hall outside my room, a little girl behind the front desk who was too busy reading her aesthetics textbook to be bothered with helping customers, and no one cleaned my room after the first night, not even clean towels? AVOID THIS PLACE!

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear Roscoe C,
Thank you for your recent comments. I appreciate your comments and have addressed your concerns with the appropriate staff and am remedying the situations. We strive to continue to be better and with customers like you making us aware of concerns we can only become better. I apologize for your dissatisfaction and would like to continue to see you in the future. Thank you for your time.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

I spent the night here on my way to Bozeman. I was less than thrilled. The location is adjacent to the highway on one side, a casino on the other and an adult store on another. It served the purpose. I slept and got on the road the next day. The complimentary breakfast left something to be desired. I suggest that you stay on the 2nd floor because the 1st floor rooms open two ways. I guess it is what I should expect when staying overnight at the least expensive place I could find.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Faron S, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

Dear Chrysny,
Thank you for your most recent stay at the Econolodge. I appreciate your comments and am sorry you had a less than pleasurable stay. Our location is easily accessible from the interstate and is close to several other amenities. I apologize for your inconveniences and would like to extend a 20 % discount off of your next stay with us. I look forward to serving you in the future.
Stacy M.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

We only stayed one night and that was too long. We checked in at 9. The front desk person was friendly. However, our room was horrible. It was dirty, there were splatters all over the wall and shower curtain. The air conditioner was so noisy. The bed was squeaky and horribly uncomfortable. Couldn't wait to check out. Paid $89 for a Thursday night. Not close to worth it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Karen,
Thank you for your comments concerning your most recent stay at the Econolodge. I appreciate your feedback and take each guests comments seriously. I apologize for your inconveniences with your most recent stays and have addressed these issues with the appropriate staff. Please accept a 20 % discount of your next stay here. I look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We checked in for a weeks stay till a room at the extended stay opened up. The room did not match any picture in the website. Small, stinky, dirty... get the picture? Couldn't even sleep on the bed, the light sconce was right where someone sleeping would lay their head. We asked to change rooms and were told they could not accommodate us. We told them the room was unacceptable and we would be checking out. That's when we were told we were being charged for the original week reservation. After quite a long discussion they still would not budge but we left anyway. One reason given was that it was a slow time of year and they needed the room charge. Two nights later, we drove by the hotel and someone was in the room we were being charged for. They still refused to return our money! Double rental of a room... A bit dishonest? Would have given less than one star if I could have. Does anyone else find it interesting that the manager responds and promises improvements but none are made?

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ruth K
Faron S, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Dear Ruth M,
Thank you for your most recent comments. I appreciate your feedback and I apologize for the inconvenience with your last stay. We do offer weekly rates at a discount and do no refunds because these rates are at a much lower rate than our nightly rates. We attempt to accomodate guests and I do realize that our hotel was busy during your most recent stay. Due to the dissatisfaction you experienced I would like to extend a 20% discount off of your next stay with us. I look forward to you staying at our hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

The people were friendly and took good care of us. The location was kind of hard to find and not in a clean neighborhood, but it was next to the highway easy for the gps to find. There was a lot of restaurants near the motel for good dinner and lunch if neccessary

Room Tip: non smoking room was clean
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your most recent stay with us at the Econolodge. We appreciate your feedback and continue to try to improve our facility. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stopped here on our way home from Glacier National Park. It's conveniently located just off the interstate. The room was clean, the aircon worked well, and there were enough channels on TV to keep us entertained for the night. The only thing is that I wish the breakfast had been served till a little later--they stop at 9 AM.

Room Tip: All the smoking rooms are on the second floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Phuong N
Faron S, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Dear Phuongy,
Thank you for your comments concerning your last stay. We are right off of the Interstate which makes the hotel easily accessible and we strive to make each and every guests stay as enjoyable and pleasant as possible. I appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking the time to let us know about your last encounter with us.
Stacy M.