“TERRIBLE”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #36 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed July 22, 2012

First stop of vacation. Booked through Choicehotels.com. My wife and three kids in a double queen room with frig and micro. Room filthy a/c doesn't work. Had maintenance repair but still didn't work. Told to open windows. I had to call to speak to the manager, no manager there. They actually told my wife to checkout and find another place to stay. Put them into a king room no pullout or roll aways. When asked if they could get a microwave and refer the guy actually told them to check out he was tired of dealing with them and the faster they left the better. Wife had to pack up three kids at 9:30 at night and move to another hotel. I have been using Choice Hotels for years. This one should be removed as one of their properties. Stay at your own risk. Here you will get far less than you pay for.

Room Tip: Stay away even if you are desperate for a room
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kirk T

Reviewed July 22, 2012

We only needed a place to sleep between Mt. Rushmore and Yellowstone. I wish we had gone elsewhere. The check- in gal did not know how to process our Choice gift card. She woke me up with a call at 10pm to say that this hotel does not accept those cards (?) and I would have to use a different payment method. The hotel was not especially clean and the breakfast was so-so. I would not stay again.

Room Tip: There have got to be better places to stay in Billings.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Faron S, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2012

Billings, MT 59101

7/29/2012

Dear Pat M,

Thank you for taking the time to write to Trip Advisor concerning your recent stay. I appreciate your feedback and utilize each comment as a teaching and learning opportunity. I do apologize for the inconvenience with the Choice Hotels gift card. I am looking into this matter as to alleviate further guest dissatisfaction as you experienced.

The breakfast menu at the Econolodge is regulated by our brand name and we strive to meet and exceed the breakfast requirements. Thanks to guest comments like yours we continue to improve on this.

I apologize for the lack of cleanliness as you stated. I personally discuss guest complaints with the housekeeping staff as to alleviate any further issues.

Once again, we do apologize for the inconvenience. I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Stacy M.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

After having trouble with reservations at another motel I finally got checked into this place for two rooms at an outrageous price from Tuesday until Sunday... I had to go upstairs plus pay $20 a day for my little dogs. Ok sounds normal but on Friday afternoon the manager informed me that my rooms will go up $70 a night because it's the weekend!! I wasn't informed of this at checkin and I'm upset!! The manager can only say its the owners policy! It's too late to find other arrangements and I think they know that. I called Choice Hotels and all they can do is call the manager and inform the manager that there is a complaint!! This is an Econolodge and a bit shabby, spots on the carpet,very low water pressure,and ancient televisions. If this was a beautiful hotel maybe I wouldn't be so upset but actually a really nice place would not have done this. The owner can't be contacted for any reason and the manager is only doing what he says! I would not have stayed here had I been informed. I am a frequent traveler and this place should be avoided at all costs.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Alboise1

Billings, MT 59101

Dear Alboise1,

Thank you so much for your recent review on trip advisor. I have spoken with you at length and I do apologize for any misunderstandings and miscommunications that occurred. Our pet policy is noted several places throughout our reservation policy and in areas during check in; as is an undeclared pet fee.

Our rates do increase during stays, especially on weekends and during special events occurring in the surrounding areas. At check in this rate is printed on the guest registration and the guest must acknowledge this by initializing. I have spoken with my staff and instructed them to review these rate changes with guests upon confirmation of the reservation and also at check in to alleviate any further miscommunication.

I also appreciate your comments about our hotel and your housekeeping and up keep concerns. I have spoken with the appropriate staff and assure you that your comments are taken seriously.

Thank you, once again for commenting on trip advisor and I hope you will allow us to serve you in the future.

Stacy M

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Nice, quiet, clean, comfortable rooms. I believe mine was a king-size bed with a microwave and refridgerator. In-door pool with washer/dryer on the premises. Great tasting, hot breakfast which includes waffles and oatmeal. Very convenient rooms, some with two doors so you can access room from outside parking lot and then as well to inside of hotel from room. Fast, friendly service from the hotel staff. Want a great, relaxing night's sleep, choose THIS Econo Lodge!

Room Tip: Some rooms have two doors for convenient access to inside hotel or parking lot which ever is needed...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Billings! mT 59101

Dear Cathski35,

Thank you for your recent comments on TripAdvisor. We strive to make each guests stay as enjoyable and comfortable as if they were at home. We do take pride in our amenities and appreciate that the guests enjoy these items also. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Stacy M

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Since I have worked for Choice Hotels for sometime, I decided to book all Choice for my move East. While I wasn't expecting an Econo-Lodge to be luxurious in any means, I was kind of hoping for a okay room to crash for the night and a friendly face if/when I encountered a problem. First room- did not match pictures put up, but for a cheap room wasn't that bad, sticky spots on floor were a bit unsettling... The wireless wasn't working at all and when I complained I was told pretty much just figure it out. When my dad complained he was told that they would reset the router. Which would mean unplug and then replug. Therefore taking the networks down, they never did that. Later, I heard strange noises but decided to write it off as just crappy hotel noises. Until I had to use the bathroom, and discovered it was raining dirty bath/toilet water through the ceiling.(Literally POURING brownish/yellow rain) When I told the night auditor, I was told they could switch my room, which they did. But once again I was pretty much just shrugged off. Second room smelled like dog. But I wanted to sleep so wasn't going to complain. It seems I burdened the Front Desk Agent when I asked for a dollar that would work in the vending machine, luckily for me he was a doll and neglected to tell me the machine was completely sold out. I've done their jobs, and I think they poorly represented Choice Hotels. NEVER AGAIN.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Danielle M
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Very clean, comfortable room. We stayed 1 night in June 2012.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tamby P
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Pool was inviting, WI-FI was fast, and quiet. Rooms clean, and up to date.

Room Tip: Ground floor, and ask for rooms in the back of grounds. The sun does not hit this area early in the...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple