“Worst Holiday Inn in Montana.”

Radisson Hotel Billings
Ranked #43 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Helena MT
“Worst Holiday Inn in Montana.”
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is completely outdated! Rooms and staff are still stuck in the 80s. Lounge and restaurant are overpriced and not worth the money. Most of the staff is untrained in customer service, however 2 staff members stood out Stacey and Dan. They were very receptive and listened without making excuses. I spent the next two nights at the Hampton and that was such an incredible improvement.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jason B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Hello Armando O,
Thank you for your review. I apologize for the downfall you received with service during your stay. We strive to provide the best service possible to each and every guest. We also continue training daily with out staff. I will follow up with each department head to ensure we are delivering the best service possible. I have taken note of the other issues as well.
Thank you.
Jason

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Kingston, Washington
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

TI am writting this review while laying in the bed here.

To put it mildly, a horrible stay. I could hear everything my neighbors were doing, from casual conversation to bathroom visits and they were at it all night Although my neighbors activities are not the fault of the hotel, the lack of insulation in the wall is.

My room was near the employee break room and all morning, after I awoke to the sound of my neighbor peeing, which in my half sleep, I thought he was doing right next to my head, I could hear staff walking back and forth and talking to each other. Right now I'm listening to my neighbor on one side take a shower, while the baby of the other neighbor cries and what seems to be 10 people in the room are talking about hunting, and what seems to be a housekeeper talking about being back at work, at 6:30AM...

The bathroom is tiny for a $129 room (before tax), there is no microwave, no fridge and the WiFi is spotty at best. The lack of the microwave and fridge was a bit of a surprise to me, on my way out here from Seattle, every place I stayed had one. I'm a chef and I like to prepare my own foods and bring a hot plate with me to cook on, but there was no place to cold hold food.

Room was gross, crap on curtains that looked like someone did a pick and flick, I am in room 1109 for the staff that obviously reads these reviews. Small dirty and expensive compared to other places I've stayed. $150 after tax for 1 night is off the charts for the quality this place doesn't deliver. Because of my experience here, I will not be staying at the Holiday Inn at my next destination today, I opted for the less expensive Howard Johnson.

Also, I couldn't hear a dang thing the girl at the front desk was saying to me because a waterfall in he lobby is so damn loud. She had to repeat everything and even when I made a comment about how loud it was, her response was, "Welcome to my life..."

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Jason B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Hi Marcus C.
Thank you for your feedback. Your information is very valuable. I would like to apologize for these issues you encountered with your stay with us. Also I would like to thank you for letting me know the room number. I have talked with our House Keeping Manager and also with the Engineering department to get these issues resolved. I sincerely apologize for the extreme inconvenience. On your next trip through Billings please feel free to stop in my office and talk with me.
Thank you again for your feedback. I have taken note of all of this and will be sure to follow up with each manager.
Thank you.
Jason

Travelers are raving about these Billings hotels

Yakima, Washington
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We checked in at 11pm a room we had booked a month previous for something we had to be at.
The Holiday Inn Corp should visit this hotel unannounced to see what its really like. The carpet in every place we went was very dirty visibly you didn't have to look for it. The room had cobwebs and mold in the window. The bathroom was dirty and scratched up and old. I don't mind old if its clean and well kept. The cigarette smoke throughout the hotel was at times almost suffocating. There was no coffee offered in the lobby. When I asked I was told well you have a brewer in you room, which was a block away at that point.
The sewer kept backing up they were working in a couple rooms next to us came and knocked on the door to see if there was water leaking in the room.
Overall it desperately needs an overhaul. I am not very very skeptical of staying at a Holiday Inn. And it was a trusted name for us in the past. I hope you get it that when people stop trusting your brand you lose.

Room Tip: we had over 100 rooms and people were just trying to be kind about the stay. But very excited to get...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Hello Lurall,
I would like to Thank You for writing your review. I sincerely apologize for the problems you encountered during your last stay with us. We are working on the issues with the property. I have taken note of the problems you encountered and will be sure to follow through with our staff to get ensure the cleaning is up to expectation. Your feedback is very valuable as it show's areas in need.
Box Elder, MT
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Hotel Staff clueless, and pass the buck from one to another. They did not place us in room we had requested, we had to stay in a smoke filled ghetto of a room the first night. The meeting ceiling leaked an the management sucks!! Pool was out of service but we had already checked in before finding out. Did not get treated like VIP.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Jason B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Hi Melody W.
I would like to apologize for the shortfalls during your stay. I would also like to apologize for the inconvenience of your room and also our pool. Thank you for taking your time to give us your feedback regarding your stay. I have taken serious note of your concerns, and will be sure to go over these issues in our next meeting. Your feedback is very valuable to help direction in need. We do invite you to stay with us again in the future. On your next trip through Billings please stop in and say hello.
Kalispell, Montana
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I stayed here while traveling home because of road conditions. Staff at the check in were very friendly and professional. Check in went fairly quick with upbeat happy smiles. You have wonderful front desk employees. I was checked in by a man named Dan. Very professional and happy. I was able to stay in the beautiful Atrium suite. I was not a member of the rewards program but was very happy to sign up after the details of the program. I would recommend this to anyone. My room was great. Nice big room with plenty of space. Room was very clean when I walked in. Bed was very comfortable, all the amenities you could need are in the room. I wanted 1 more packed of coffee, quick phone call to the desk and it was brought up to my room quickly. I decided to check out the bar that is on property. It did not seem to busy in there. I ordered dinner which i feel was a good price for the value of the food. I did encounter 1 problem in the bar. Shanon was my bartender. More focused on her cell phone than taking care of the customers. I was not impressed with the service she provided, starting with taking my order and setting the plate in front of me and walking away. I did bring this to her manager, Casey's attention that night. After speaking with him i was informed " She might be having a bad day ". At this point I knew nothing would be done about it. Being a regional manager i certainly would not allow that kind of response from any of my managers, nor would i say something like this to a customer. I would recommend going about complaints about your employees in a more professional way. I continued my night with having a glass of wine in the Casino they have on site. Very nice atmosphere and upbeat employee. I would like to Commend Keri for her upbeat great customer service skills. Had a great night sleep. Breakfast buffet in the morning was excellent. Fresh fruit and servers that were very nice. Upon check out I was greeted by Maria. I believe she is the Guest service manager. Very nice and accommodating with a cheerful smile on her face. Overall i had a great stay with the exception of the service provided by the bartender and her manager. I will stay here again when passing through Montana.

Room Tip: Atrium suites are very nice. Great front desk team
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Jason B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Hello Alicia S
Thank you for taking time to write a review after your recent stay with us. I am happy to read you were able to enjoy our Tower Suites. Also seeing you are an IHG member. I will be sure to let our House Keeping Department know how great they are doing with the cleanliness of the rooms. I will also recognize Kerri for her great hospitality service, along with the servers for Breakfast. I would also like apologize for the short fall of our staff with the problems you encountered during your stay. I have followed up with the Department manager and the employee.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I stayed at this hotel while on a road trip through Montana. Check-in was slow, mainly due to the lone poor front desk clerk. They should really have at least 2 people on staff there, especially since it was a Saturday evening. My room was nice. Some of the furniture was old, but functional. The heating system was quite difficult to use. There were no numerical temperatures - just warm on one end and cool on the other. Parking was free, but there were no cold weather plug-ins, which would have been nice since it was very cold outside. Wireless internet was free as well - the strength and coverage were pretty good though there were some periods of loss of signal. Room service was great - the food was good and reasonably priced. There was a nice pool and small hot tub - which was a bit of a problem when the area was busy. There was coffee in the room but very few coffee supplies. It was okay for one person, but two or more and you would run out. The price was okay at ~$120/night. The hotel is divided into two areas - the atrium and the motel part. I would recommend the atrium part since it appears nicer and has good views from the higher floors. The hotel is easily accessible from I-90. Overall, I would recommend this hotel for both families and business travelers.

Room Tip: Pay extra for an atrium room. Higher floors have nicer views.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Jason B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Hello PsychRN12,
Thank you for taking your time to give us your feedback regarding you stay with us. I do sincerely apologize for the wait of check in. I have taken note of the short falls during your stay. I apologize for the information you were not given. We do have plugs along our fence line to plug into. I hope we have the opportunity to accommodate your Hospitality needs in the future.
Cameron, Montana
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Stayed here for one night with some girlfriends. Rooms were nice with all the normal amenities. Beds were comfortable. Hotel has a nice atrium that we sat in and had a drink. Since it was winter it was nice to have an open area to hang out in. Front desk was very nice and accommodating. They were a pleasure to deal with. The only reason I didn't give this 5 stars is the bar is pretty cheesy. OK to grab a drink but not a whole lot of atmosphere. Didn't go into the restaurant so can't comment on that.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Jason B, Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Hello DJBEnnis,
Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to see you were able to enjoy your stay and our Hotel had everything to offer to make your stay a great experience. I am also happy to see you were able to enjoy our Atrium and relax. I will be sure to let our Front Desk team know they are doing great. I apologize for our short fall with the Lounge during your stay. I have taken note of this and will follow up with our Outlet Manager to see what else we can do.