“Comfortable” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #43 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Davenport, Iowa
“Comfortable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

Sandy checked me in and it appeared the lobby was about to get very busy. The hotel is enormous and the hallways are like a maze. it was an adventure finding my room. I found the room to be cleaned. For as busy as it was the hallway was quiet and I slept well.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Jason B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Hello 155shortround,
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback. I will ensure to recognize Sandy for her great Guest Service. Also pleased to see you were able to find your room, with a relaxing quiet night. On your next trip through Billings feel free to stop in and say hello.
Jason

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Billings, Montana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

You'd think a hotel for this price would be extremely nice......WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT!!! My wife and I stayed here for the night September 16th to rest after a long days travel. She found it online while traveling and figured a Holiday Inn would be nice. The entrance to the hotel was nice and we figured we were in for a good nights rest. After being directed to the back of the main hotel (we later found out we were staying in the motor lodge) we took the stairs up to our room (no elevators) and noticed En Route the stairwells were nasty and the carpet upon entering the 2nd floor was nasty.

Upon entering the room we immediately noticed the room itself wasn't bad and we'd probably have a good nights sleep after-all.....and we did.

Before turning in for the night my wife wanted to watch TV (she's in law enforcement and wanted to check the status of the shooting situation on the Washington Navy Yard). Well, the channel lineup on the very unprofessional (it was cut unevenly probably with scissors...this $160 per night hotel doesn't have paper cutter?), the channel lineup card was wrong and she couldn't find the channels, and the remote itself had the batteries held in with black duct tape. After looking into it myself, the channels were nowhere near what was indicated on the make-shift lineup sheet and what's more surprising is that not a single employee or someone from maintenance has taken the time to do the simple things in this hotel. Look at how simple it was for me to go through the channels and find out what's what.....it took me 3 minutes to do this for my wife:
1 Hotel information - Works
26 CMT Works
27 LifeTime Works
28 Comedy Works
29 HBOHD Channel Not Available

These reviews really help our fellow consumers make informed decisions, unfortunately we were just too tired to read any before we checked in. My advice would be to find another hotel in the Billings area and not this one. $160 Not even close, $80 yes.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jason B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Hello chazedaw,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the service you received from our hotel. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention, as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon. If there is anything else we can do to fix these concerns please contact us directly.
Thank you.
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was adequate however it does not have a microwave or refrigerator but it does have free internet. The bed was comfortable. Being a Priority Club member, I was given a voucher for a free breakfast and a couple other perks. I would stay again.

Winnipeg, Mb
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

We spent 1 night at this Holiday Inn. I hesitated to stay here based on some of the TA reviews, but I got a good rate on Priceline and decided to take a gamble. We had a very good stay. Initially I was assigned a room at the back of the hotel that seems to get the worst reviews. I told the check-in clerk that I was a Priority Club member and would prefer an atrium room. I was assigned a king suite. Members also get one free buffet breakfast valued at $12.95, a free drink at the bar, and 1 free specialty coffee. Our room was clean except for the carpet, which was also loose and wavy in some areas of the suite. Otherwise we were very satisfied and most importantly had a good sleep on the very comfortable bed. The hotel has a small bar and casino with about 20 slot machines. The bar provides a free drink to customers playing the slots. The breakfast buffet had a lot of healthy choices and variety and the servers were very friendly. Overall we were very satisfied.

Room Tip: Request a room in the atrium (main building).
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jason B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Hello BeeJey?,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. Your feedback is valuable information to us. I am pleased to see you were able to enjoy the upgrade along with our outlets. I have addressed the concerns with the carpet in your room. On your next trip to Billings feel free to stop in my office and say hello.
Helena, Mt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

Staff at check-in were friendly and due to my platinum status, upgraded me to a nice plaza suite on the 7th floor in the Atrium, plus gave me coupons for a free drink and buffet breakfast. The hotel has been around for quite some time, so it is limited by its age. The Atrium room was very nice and had quick access to the nice hotel lobby and amenities. They had 4 - 5 computers on a couple tables in the lobby for use, but some weren't connected and the two I tried, had internet so slow they were unusable. The breakfast buffet had a good selection of items and the quality was okay. I didn't use their fitness room or pool, which were quite a walk from the lobby. I stayed at this hotel several years ago and the area has declined, so I didn't walk after dark.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Jason B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Hello ClarkCreek,
Thank you for much for taking the time to write a review based on your recent stay with us. I am happy to see you were recognized for your IHG Membership with us. Your loyalty is very appreciated. I am sorry to read you were having a hard time with our Business Center. We are currently working on getting 4 computers all working together. This is a new addition to our Business Center to better serve our guest needs. We hope to have the please in the future to accommodate your need.
Thank you.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

We'd been driving all day and were pleased to have a comfortable clean room. Several entrances made it easy to get in and out to our room The staff was friendly. The access was a little awkward from the freeway.

Room Tip: Our room was on the inside of the hall and was very quiet.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jason B, Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Hello 2roadtrippers73,
Thank you very much for writing a review based off your enjoyable stay with us. Our staff strives to provide each guest with the best service possible. I am happy to see you were able to have a nice relaxing room with easy access to get to.
On your next trip to Billings feel free to stop in and say hello,
Medicine Hat, Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is the third time we have stayed at this property and it is consistently a good choice. The staff is courteous and friendly, the restaurant is a great place for breakfast and the little casino is fun with a good hostess. Though I must say it could have payed out better!

The hall carpets are getting a little tired but the rooms are clean and well kept. If you're in town to shop it has a very good location clsoe to most shops and services. Overall a very good place to stay.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Jason B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Hello Drifter235,
Thank you for writing such a great review based on your stay with us. I am pleased to see you were able to enjoy everything our Hotel and Employees have to offer. Your feedback is very much appreciated. On your next trip through Billings stop in and say hello. Thanks again,