“Ok I guess...”

Radisson Hotel Billings
Ranked #44 of 51 Hotels in Billings
“Ok I guess...”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Most of the Holiday Inns I have stayed at are pretty good.
But this one...not the greatest. The room was alright. But lets start with the walls. All good I guess, but most of the corners had warped paint or were dirty. The beds were kinda hard, but the one thing that really shocked me was this brown spot on one of the mattresses. I'm thinking its a blood stain....ewwww...at least the bathrooms were okay... Also, the power source for the tv at the back behind the tv stand was coming out and looks broken.
But one thing I really do not like about the hotel is the setup. If you have a really big fear of heights, DONT STAY HERE. There is no screens by the windows in my room and yet the windows can OPEN..Child hazard much? Also, if your room is at the 6th or 7th floor, its REALLY high and you can just literally look down at the lobby when in the hallways. And the elevator isn't much better.
Better than nothing I guess.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Brittany L,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Winter Haven, Florida
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful atrium. We were assigned a room in the old section with dated decor but clean. The room and bathroom were spotless but the halls were dirty. The carpet in the halls and Diningroom needs to be cleaned or replaced. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful especially Jance who checked us in. The breakfast room staff was rude and not helpful. One waitress who usually worked nights and Betty smiled... The others grumbled or yelled across the room. Breakfast was great. The were many choices and the best display of fruit I have ever seen. The biggest prom was the NOISY air conditioner.

• Stayed June 2013
Jason B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Hello Sue M
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay with us. We are sorry you did not find our hotel to your liking. Your comments about the have been documented and we are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction. Once again, thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit to Billings.
Jason
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This is one of the most spread out hotels I've stayed in. The nice side it provides a lot of privacy and is really quite. Couple that with the comfortable beds and you'll have a nice sleep. the decor is a little outdated but then you're not paying 5 star rates. The only downside with the layout is its a long walk to the morning coffee if you're in one of the recesses (like we were). Would recommend it. Easy I-90 access

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hudson, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Previously stayed in this motel 2 or 3 times. Very nice. Past two times used Priceline to book the room. The first time I used Priceline I got a very good rate and very nice accommodations. The last time I stayed it wasn't as pleasant. The front desk is located in a newer building with a 7 to 9 floor atrium. I thought that was the entire motel. Found out that in back of this newer building, although connected, is a 1970's era building and that is where my room was located. Although disappointed I was OK with that. Until I tried out the shower. The drain was completely plugged and maintenance had to be called to get .the drain problem remedied. I left the room for this process and returned after dark. None of the lights worked except in the bathroom. After fumbling around I figured out none of the lamps were plugged in. Next morning turned on the TV. Only sound, no picture. Went to find an ice machine. Broken. Complained at the front desk about the whole experience and was given a free breakfast coupon. The young lady behind the desk handled my complaint very professionally even though she seemed quite youthful. On to breakfast where the scrambled eggs were so dried out they had to be scraped out. Not a good experience all around.

Room Tip: Request newer building
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Jeff W,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations, and I apologize you were not satisfied with the hotel conditions. I have taken note of your comments about the room amenities and the breakfast selection and the issues you have raised will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests.

Once again many thanks for your feedback.

Janice A
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Billings hotels

Billings, Montana
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I stay here alot we have always had excellent customer service and they go out of their way to accommodate any requests we have. We stay in the tower part and have never been in the older part of the hotel so I'm not sure what those rooms are like. The rooms we have had are always clean. We are always happy with our stay and let our friends and family know that this is one of the best places to stay in Billings.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rosita W
Jason B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Hello Rosita W,
Thank you for sharing your positive feedback regarding your stay with us. We are pleased to see you are able to enjoy your stay with us. Our Tradidional Wing rooms are very nice as well. Happy to see you are Upgraded with your IHG membership to our Atrium Rooms. We look forward to serving you in the future.
Thank you.
Jason
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed at the Grand Montana twice during our trek to Yellowstone and back to Billings for our flight home. The facility is an atrium set up with rooms facing out on a 7 story common lobby, with waterfall. It is right off the interstate, with restaurants (Cracker Barrel) within walking distance. It seemed to be located in the middle between downtown and the newer west end of town. There is also a long wing of rooms, indoor pool, gym, restaurant/bar and ballrooms. Looks like a lot of business/association meetings happen here.

We arrived in Billings close to midnight. The hotel must have been running at capacity because the desk host had to work hard to find us a room. We landed in a 2Q room on the second floor off the atrium. Clean and comfortable bedding, and a just fine bath. It had to be one the rooms they like to fill as a last resort, because the view out the window was a large air conditioning condenser unit which was working hard all night. I understood that there were slim pickins' because of our late arrival, I always carry earplugs and that was useful in this case. We stayed in this room two nights as the inconvenience did not warrant the hassle of a room change request. As priority club members we received a certificate for a free breakfast in their dining area and two beverage tickets which helped make our stay more comfortable. The morning restaurant staff were hospitable and efficient. The breakfast buffet was ok.

We rechecked into this hotel the next week after we returned from Yellowstone. This time we were assigned a very nice two room King suite also off the atrium. After roughing it in Yellowstone, we enjoyed this room very much, especially the wifi, sitting area, mini kitchen and priority club hospitality certificates. If this had been our first room assignment, my review would be 5 stars.

We will be returning to Billings occasionally as our son has moved there. We are content to make the Grand Montana our Billings home on future visits.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jason B, Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Hello Walbe,
Thank you so much for your great experience and positive review. We strive to ensure every guest always is comfortable and can relax. We apologize for the noisy room but am please to see out Agents were able to make your next stay even better. Your review is something that helps us with knowing how customer service is going. Customer Service is our top Priority. Please stop in next time you are in Billings and say Hello.
Chapel Hill, NC
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Some days things just go wrong, and it's no one's fault. My trip to Billings was delayed for two hours by a tornado warning at the Denver airport. The good news it that the tornado didn't touch down; the bad news (aside from being in the men's room shoulder to shoulder with 60 other captive men and women travelers) was that flights were delayed. Upon arriving at the Holiday Inn, I found that my room was already occupied. The manager and other staff members were very nice and apologetic and put me in a larger room (see picture). Although it was very warm, the manager set the air conditioning and assured me that when I got back from dinner, it would be comfortable. It wasn't. It was too late and I was too tired by that time to request a midnight visit to repair the air conditioning, so I opened the window and slept to the music of the trucks on the nearby Interstate highway. The morning was another day. My buffet breakfast in the hotel dining room was good - fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, bacon, etc. The pastries were dreadful, but the servers were very [pleasant and helpful. As other reviewers have noted, the hotel is older and in need of renovation. I didn't try the casino. It didn't seem to be my lucky day.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear GregChapelHill,