“Awful Awful Awful”

Radisson Hotel Billings
Ranked #44 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed May 7, 2008

Our soccer team booked a block of rooms in this hotel for a big tournament weekend. What a disappointment. Two weeks before my stay I decided to cancel our first night there and drive out early the day of the first game. It took 5 phone calls to the hotel to finally get through to a desk flunky who supposedly canceled my reservation for the first night. They even gave me a confirmation code. Upon arrival I found out that they billed me as a no show and then canceled the rest of my reservation. The incompetent front desk staff were eventually able to get me into a smoking room that was filthy and smelled foul of course. We had clean towels but when I picked up the ice bucket I found it full of trash. The hallway was also filled with the previous days dishes and trash. And they still charged me for the first night. One of the parents of a competing team standing next to me at the front desk just had the exact same experience with their reservation. Then at dinner with the team that night I learned that several other parents had to take smoking rooms because their rooms were given away. Four other sets of parents had to wait until almost 8 in the evening to get into their rooms because they were told their rooms were not clean yet. Upon leaving the next afternoon we found even more trash piling up in the halls. What a dump.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank pdqwest
There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel Billings

Reviewed April 16, 2008

The carpeting has been replaced throughout the hotel, although the patterns are a bit dated (1979.) Service at the restaurant was poor at breakfast - the waitresses acted like the customers were an imposition. The omlette was quite poor and the buffet was uninspired. A supper salad was quite good. You will get a better breakfast across the street at the Western Empire.

The lounge is reasonably priced on drinks but allows smoking. Wireless is inconsistent in signal strength and a wireless code is needed in the common areas. The room drape cannot be completely closed, letting in the security lights and keeping the room only half-dark.

Cleanliness remains a problem - my ice bucket had water from the previous guest and one of the glass cozies had a lipstick stain.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed February 11, 2008

I stayed here for about a week while on vacation with a work-related convention. The staff was very friendly and helpful in recommending places to visit around the city. Features several large meeting rooms and a nicely designed indoor pool with fountain. The housekeeping staff was very diligent in cleaning the rooms, even though nearly the entire hotel was booked by our company. Convienent computers in lobby and good wireless connection in rooms. Many comfortable nooks with seating are available throughout the hotel. While there I heard some guests complain about the hotel restaurant not being open in the late afternoon, but there are numerous restuarants nearby. On several occasions, I went to the outdoor picnics that the hotel staff arranged for our party out in the courtyard, and these were well done. Comfortable, clean beds and rooms, convienent and well-stocked vending machines. Eco-friendly laundry system for guests wanting to conserve energy.

Reviewed December 3, 2007

We stayed for the priority points, but we won't be back. The whole hotel smells, our heater made noise and we could smell something burning.

The room is dark and dingy. The wireless barely stayed connected and the cable tv was lacking even the basic of channels, including FOX news. They seem to be remodeling, but if our room was already done, they need to do it again. Bathroom looks really old and definitely not updated. For the price, I have stayed in better.

Couldn't get a king size room, but the bed was clean and comfortable. No frig or microwave like other HI's. The restaurant was pretty bad service and not at all worth the money. We did travel with dogs.

Stayed: December 2007
1  Thank RoxAnnaF
Reviewed November 18, 2007

We were traveling with dogs and chose to stay here because Holiday Inn takes pets (for a $25 fee; seems like they should surcharge for having kids too, to be fair). Anyway, it appeared almost industrial and didn't look to appealing. The atrium was being re-carpeted and so was some of the hall area.

The lock on the outer door was not functioning well and it was frustrating to try and make it work while standing in the cold. However, given these issues, I was surprised that the room was quite nice, very clean, with apparently new bedspreads and carpet. Perhaps they are mid-remodel.

The hot tub and pool were open until 11, nice after a long day's drive instead of the ones that close at 9 or 10.

While there is not really an area to walk pets adjacent to the parking, there is an inner courtyard that has trees and grass and provides a small area that is sufficient for outings.

The hotel is easy to locate from the Interstate and near a wide variety of restaurants. There is also one on site though we did not dine there. There is also a casino on site, and oddly enough, there appear to be casinos all over Billings for some reason. The room rates were reasonable and overall, our stay was pleasant with only very minor issues. I would stay here again.

The staff was courteous and our reservation was waiting as it should have been. Free wi-fi was available in room; always a plus.

Stayed: November 2007
Reviewed September 14, 2007

We got this hotel on Hotwire and thought since it was a Holiday Inn it would be clean and nice. WRONG! We checked in and from the pictures I had seen thought we would be staying in the atrium area, wrong again! We were given rooms as far from the atrium as possible. The cable did not work in our room and the repair people came and after an hour fixed it. We had our two sons with us, who are 3 and 4 years old. We were on the second floor of the "E" section and I noticed our 2 year old on the floor and the window was wide open, the window was at floor level and he had opened it. I first was surprised that a hotel window on the second floor could open fully and also that they would put someone with children on the second floor. I complained to the manager and asked for an atrium room. He did give us an atrium room that was not renovated but was much safer and better than the first one. The staff are friendly and helpful, but you can tell that they get lots of complaints. There was also a prostitute hanging around the back lot near the entrance to the "D" building. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank Keith H
Reviewed July 19, 2007

Stayed here on our trip from the Black Hills to Yellowstone, precisely because it was the only reasonably priced hotel on Hotwire. Got the expected rooms out in the back, not in the atrium. They gave us 2nd floor rooms, but we were travelling with elderly parents, and asked for a 1st floor room, which they promptly provided. The atrium looks very nice, but the carpet in the halls and rooms in the rear section definitely needs to be replaced. The room was good though, especially the beds. These had been recently replaced and gave us the best night's sleep of our trip. Shower did have a little bit of dark grout, but not terrible. TV's were fine and A/C was good, not too noisy.

Kids had fun in the pool, from the web it looked like it might be a themed area with more activities, but it just turned out to be a standard pool and jacuzzi. Free Wireless Internet was very good, used it in the room and in the pool area. Just called the front desk to check out, no problem. This is a great place to leave from to visit Yellowstone, you enter from the North East entrance, much less traffic, and an incredible drive over Bear Tooth Pass and through the Lamar Valley, where the huge buffalo herd hangs out.

Stayed: July 2007