“An average Hotwire booking and an average hotel”

Radisson Hotel Billings
Ranked #43 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed March 28, 2013

After unfortunately hitting a deer outside Deadwood, South Dakota, my wife and I had to drive our little first generation Honda Insight (tough little car for taking that hit and still being drivable) all the way to Billings to have it checked out by an authorized USAA body shop. It was a pretty grueling drive. When we walked into the Grand Montana Holiday Inn, we were greeted by a pleasant staff. Because my wife and I had booked through Hotwire, I knew our chances of getting a choice room weren't great, but I attempted to elicit sympathy from the hotel staff and requested a quiet room not too far from the lobby and breakfast area. In typical fashion for Hotwire bookings, the front desk personnel told us that Hotwire bookings aren't even guaranteed non-smoking rooms. They were clearly setting me up to accept whatever non-smoking room they wanted to give me. Well, my charms went unappreciated, and we were stuck way on the back side of the hotel facing the interstate. The room wasn't particularly dirty, but it didn't seem totally clean either. It had an odd musty smell, and the air conditioner/heater did neither very well. It was an extraordinarily long walk through a labyrinth of hallways to make it to the breakfast area, and I have to agree with other reviewers here that the breakfast was ordinary at best. My wife and I dropped our car off at the body shop in Billings, got our rental car for the weekend, and drove off to Yellowstone. When we returned to Billings to retrieve our car, which was deemed risky to drive all the way back to Los Angeles, instead of camping out in Billings before going back through Yellowstone, we chose to stay at the Best Western in Livingston, a great hotel for the money staffed by wonderful, friendly, and accommodating people.

Room Tip: Good luck. If you booked through Hotwire or Priceline, your chances of getting a decent room are sli...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jason B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to review our great hotel on TripAdvisor and we are so sorry to hear about the car troubles, glad everyone is ok and we hope you made it back safe! Thanks for recognizing the friendly staff and we have improved our housekeeping management in the past few weeks! TIP: next time call the hotel direct to book your room and you will be able to choose your room preferences and get a similar rate!

Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel through Priceline. The hotel is located just off the interstate. Anything you could ever want is in the hotel. The pool and spa were a welcomed treat after 12 hours of driving. When we checked in the front desk was busy but the front desk associate was super friendly and efficient! The restaurant was closed but there are SO many good food choices right by the hotel.
The room was very clean and comfortable. We were facing the interstate but couldn't hear it at all.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone. If its just one or four of you...I think this hotel really does offer something for everyone. I would for sure stay here again!!

• Stayed: March 2013
Jason B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed all of the hotels amenities! Thanks for staying and we will see you next time through!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

This hotel shows its age from inside out. The outside looks fairly nice but the inside is where the truth lies. The rooms are very dated and the cleanliness was just not there. We ate at the breakfast buffet in the morning and we weren't all that impressed with the food selection. If we venture back through Montana, we will be looking elsewhere for hotels in the Billings area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for taking the time to offer feedback! As you can see from all of the other comments we do well at the hotel, with that being said we are not perfect and strive to correct ant deficiencies noted from our valued guests. The hotel is making several capital improvements this year and years to come and our Housekeeping department is also under new management! Please stop by next time to discuss all of the positive changes we have made next time through. Please call me direct to book you next trip to Billings!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

arrived at the hotel and was greeted by a young lady from I think from Romania. So sweet! Then there was these two brothers I think were twins. They were so nice. I had a little trouble with the heat in my room. I called down and they were on it in minute to move me to another room Thank you Mike and Ryan. I will be back take you home with me!

Stayed: March 2013

Thanks for recognizing our outstanding employee Ryan! I have passed this on to him! See you next time you stay at the Holiday Inn Grand Billings Montana!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I wanted to tell you how helpful both Ryan and the manager were when I arrived. I did not have a reservation for myself or associate. Not only did they help find a very attractive rate they even went the extra mile when I said that I was a Prioriy Club member an d had no idea how many poits that I had. Ryan, especially, was very pleasant and made sure that all went well. Thank you for his efforts.
Dave P

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Jason B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Thanks for the compliments for Ryan and our excellent front desk staff! The hotel prides itself on our outstanding service. We certainly appreciate loyal our Priority Club Members as well!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed here for my daughter's dance competition. As I was walking to the hotel entrance, I looked up at the tower and saw a cleaning lady leaning out a 3rd floor window smoking. So, I was not surprised my non-smoking room smelled like smoke. I didn't complain because I knew the only other rooms available were smoking. My room was on the 6th floor and was extremely warm. I turned on what I thought was the air conditioning and left to see some of the dance competition. I found out later the fan as it was blowing only hot air out. When I called down to the desk I was informed that the air conditioning only works when it is a certain temperature outside and to turn of the fan completely. They also told me I could open the window. I was actually afraid to do this as there was DUCT TAPE all around the windows. Maintenance came up and opened it. It only opened about 2 inched and barely allowed any air in. I was in a "tower suite" but there was the duct tape, peeling wallpaper, the shower barely trickled water and the pull out bed had absolutely no linen anywhere in the room and it's mattress had a large stain on it. The last straw for me was when the "central air" came on at 1:30am and it made my already warm room even warmer. My only positive thing to say is the front desk and ancillary staff where friendly. This definitely was not worth the $$$ I paid.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank for the feedback regarding your resent stay. The hotel is addressing the issues with the room. Our maintenance staff goes through all of the rooms once a quarter to do the repairs. Thanks for recognizing the great service that you received from the front desk. Please feel free to stop by and discuss the changes the hotel has made your next visit to Billings.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

End of January I flew to Billing to attend a large event with a friend of mine that was being honored at this event. We checked in and got settled. All went well during our trip. Restaurant was efficient and good, service good, and all our needs were met. Until . . . . . the morning we were to leave my friend woke up with the stomach flu. Bad stuff!!!! She is in her 80s and it hit her hard. We needed something for her to drink and the waitress got it for us, no charge. We needed to change flight reservations, and the hotel's internet was available. We got her to a doctor, extended our stay until the next day. Washing machine and dryer right in the hotel so we got clean clothes. The staff of the hotel and the restaurant couldn't have been nicer and accommodated our every need. This is not something you expect to have happen when you are traveling, but it does. Holiday Inn was the place to be when sickness strikes.

Room Tip: Our room was up several floors, and right in front of the elevator. Being older and hoping not to h...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Jason B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Billings, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

I am glad you could see the amazing service the Holiday Inn Grand has to offer! We hope your friend is feeling better. Thanks for taking the time to post about your great experience!