Red Lion Hotel Billings
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Econo Lodge(Billings)
  • Pool
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 12, 2012

The Holiday Inn was really outdated. They could really put some efforts to upgrade the place. The air vents in our bathroom was so dirty that it made me cringe. The sheets and towels were all fine. I wasn't reluctant to finish my stay but I would not come back. We stayed for a week here and the room service (clean up) was erratic. Sometimes, service would come and other days, you had to call or go fine someone late in the afternoon, early evening because the room had not been serviced.

The hotel restaurant is minimal. Their menu is VERY limited. The service is fantastic but it doesn't make up for the menu and lack of quality cooking. Prices are decent to high.

Room Tip: If you're going to come, ask for a room up near the front where the front desk happens to be.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank destinationbueno
ManagerBillings, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Billings, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Thank you for the nice comments and suggestions. We appreciate all the comments we receive and are thankful you have taken the time to let us know what was great with your stay and where we can improve. We hope that you will give us an opportunity to serve you again in the future, we have a new menu coming out this month and we have increased our housekeeping staff to have more consistency. We thank you for you business.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Huge impressive lobby with rooms around but most rooms in large blocks out at the back. Given a map to help find room but poorly designed and confusing - needs drawing afresh! Room itself was nice, clean and well appointed - even a choice of hard and soft pillows provided. Was planning on using the pool but hard to find and then turned out to be indoors and overcrowded with no showers or extra towels provided so didn't bother.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MDB-Bham

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Iv'e stayed a few times...rooms are just average. They always put me in the back, which has that motel feel. The beds are decent in comfort value. Front staff always nice. Breakfast is a bit of an upgrade from your typical free breakfast at other hotels, but absolutely nothing to write home about, other than you have to pay for it and your served coffee/drinks that now you have to tip for. On my third visit, I obviously opted out for the breakfast and just wanted coffee to go; was confronted by an extremely rude woman that made me feel like I was wasting her time. Took her 10 minutes to gather a cup and another to get a few creamers that she should have asked prior what I might need...all done with attitude. When obvious, I will say something; in this case it was just easier to leave the coffee sit and not prolong how uncomfortable she made feel at the cashier desk. Trying a new hotel this weekend...

Room Tip: Plan on breakfast elsewhere...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Danette P

Thank you for your comments; we welcome any suggestions that improve the quality of our guest’s experience. We continue to make changes according to guest’s feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future and let us know how we are improving. I would like the opportunity to make your reservation in the tower, please don't hesitate to call me to make the reservation. Thanks!

Reviewed July 4, 2012

We were only here for the night & checked in late, so can't give a lot of detail on the rest of the hotel. The room was nice & the bed was comfortable. Holiday Inns are usually nice enough, but if I have a choice I'd prefer Holiday Inn Express. There's not much difference in the price, (if any), the rooms are just as nice, if not nicer, & a full breakfast is always included.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rannydef
ManagerBillings, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Billings, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Grand MT. We thank you for your positive comments and glad you enjoyed the comfortable beds. We hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed June 18, 2012

I enjoyed my tower room. On each floor the doors here open into the large courtyard. When traveling alone I prefer not to be down a dark hall! The bed was very comfortable and the single king room was huge. The room was clean if a bit dated. However, I would not recommend the room service. My dinner was really not good and definitely not worth the price I paid for it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

We thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We appreciate all the comments and make changes according to our guest’s requests. We are currently ready to put out a new dinner menu in the restaurant and we are confident that our guest’s will enjoy the new selections and pricing. We look forward to the next opportunity to serve you!

Cheri