Red Lion Hotel Billings
La Quinta
Big Horn Resort(Billings)
$94
AscendHotels
Days Inn Billings(Billings)(Great Value!)
$86
Northern Hotel(Billings)
$119
$115
Travelocity
Ledgestone Hotel Billings(Billings)(Great Value!)
$99
$96
Travelocity
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 18, 2011

During my holiday tp the US this has to be the worst hotel we have stayed in. There are a few reasons for this the main ones are as follows:

On enetering the hotel the check in and lobby were impressive however, our room was a long distance from reception and involved a rabbit warren like mix of corridors. As we walked the considerable distance to our room we were greeted with lots od men in groups or gangs drinking alochol in the corridors, room doors ajar and music pouring out. Some of the occupants of the rooms were shouting to other rooms who also had there doors wedged open. The whole place seemed to be full of men just hanging around the corridors drinking beer. My wife felt extremely anxious as she walked along the corridors through lines of alcohol drinking men. We later asked reception about this and they told us they had an oil company put their workmen in the hotel for the forseeable future. This is not what I expect from a hotel my wife and I are staying in on holiday. We felt extremely vulnerable and unsafe. The looks my wife and I were getting as we walked the corridors to our room was horrible. We asked to move rooms closer to the main recption as we feared for our safety. We were told there was no more rooms available. We immediately cancelled out second night there and barricaded the room door. During the night there was repeated drunken loud shouting in the corridor. I would not stay at this hotel unless I was back in the Army and then only if armed.

Next problem was security the rear doors to the hotel are wide open anyone can walk in and out there were gangs of men outside sitting around. The place looked like a refugee camp not a nice holiday hotel.

Our room stank, I have not had asthma much since I was a teenager but there was a pungent heavy odour in our room, that brought on my asthma and a sleepless night.. I can only describe this as a heavy mixture of cigarrette and cigar smoke mixed with some kind of massive industrial cleaning agent (perhaps an attempt to hide the smoking smell).

The pool and hot tub looked filthy. The free internet kept crashing. There is building work going on in the hotel with a portion sealed off with plastic sheeting.

In fairness the reception staff initially seemed sympathetic to our concerns about the amount of men in the hotel and security. They also immediately cancelled my second night when contacted by our travel company.

In summary this hotel has so much promise and from the reception it looks good. However, as a security expert I would not recommend anyone stay somewhere where there are lots of men and alcohol and are so very remote from reception. We had an awful night here and couldnt wait to leave the next morning. Avoid this hotel until it becomes more family/ holiday orientated.

Room Tip: If you are unlucky enough to have to stay here, insist on a room near reception
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank JohnSunderlandUk
ManagerBillings, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Billings, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Grand MT. We thank you for your comments and look to improving our service with your suggestions.

Reviewed August 12, 2011

As hikers and travelers visiting from Texas and Wisconsin, we did not expect to be impressed by the comfortable beds, clean rooms, and friendly staff at the Holiday Inn Grand in Billings, Montana. We had a blast in the casino, and enjoyed drinks and dinner in their newly renovated bar and restaurant areas. The early-morning airport shuttle service was equally impressive, with on-time delivery service to the airport. I would definitely recommend a stay at this hotel for anyone planning a vacation or business trip to Billings, Montana, or surrounding areas. We will recommend this hotel to our friends.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank packergord
ManagerBillings, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Billings, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2011

Thank you for your great comments. We appreciate your business and glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

I was here for a 500 person conference. The internet availability was very spotty throughout the hotel and some presenters were not able to show internet links in their presentations. Personal and group food service was not better than, "OK." Grounds are dirty. Staff indifferent.

I am a Priority Club Platinum member and was offered 1000 bonus points if I returned a card to the front desk. I did so and never got my points. Two emails and phone calls to the manager went unanswered.

I won't stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank ITravelMontana
ManagerBillings, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Billings, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2011

Thank you for your comments; we welcome any suggestions that improve the quality of our guest’s experience. I apologize for the problems you encountered with the internet and have met with our staff regarding the group food service for this event. We continue to make changes according to our guest's feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future and let us know how we are improving.

Reviewed August 10, 2011

The whole hotel was very clean. All the help was friendly and helpful. The location was perfect for us. Close to many restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you choosing the Holiday Inn Grand MT and are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed August 2, 2011

This hotel was clean. My room was maintained however the decor was early 90's. I did not visit Billings, I was just stopping here for the night. I am surprised by all the attention in previous posts to the decor. Billings did not strike me as a city where this attention to decor would be a major concern. When we visited, it was very obvious by the smell and sights that Billings is a refinery town. The vehicle of choice here and elsewhere we traveled in Montana (and Wyoming) was a dual-wheel extended cab truck. I am not trying to be snide (my family wishes we would buy one of these as our next vehicle) it just seems like more of a rural city. Perhaps we missed the nicer part of town as we came in on the interstate and traveled directly by the refinery. Of course, perhaps because this hotel calls itself "the Grand", people are justified in their criticism. I wouldn't come here for a romantic weekend.
I liked this hotel. It was average or perhaps above compared to the 15 hotels in this price range I have stayed in the past month or two. The staff was pleasant. My sons were intrigued by the hydraulic mechanism of the elevator. The large several story atrium/lobby with the rooms ringing the lobby reminded me of the inside of the Egyptian themed hotel in Vegas (sorry can't remember its name). As a priority club member, I was offered a complimentary bottle of wine and 10 matching dollars in the casino. The casino was small. Our room was in the main portion of the building and the pool was far away so we did not use it. Perhaps the rooms in the "extensions" are not maintained as well as the rooms in the main structure. The biggest drawback of the room was that the air conditioning in the room had a bit of a rattle to it. It was quieter when on high but not silent. There was also an odd half-wall between the two beds although we found it useful to place items on. There was a microwave in the room.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family