“Convenient, Clean, Dog Friendly, Good Breakfast”
Review of Days Inn Billings

Days Inn Billings
Ranked #17 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Dubois
“Convenient, Clean, Dog Friendly, Good Breakfast”
Reviewed May 5, 2012

We live in a tiny town, so we go to Billings 2 or 3 times a year to shop in big stores and eat at our favorite chain restaurants. We are always happy with this Days Inn. The breakfast fills us up, so it's a good money saver. They have many choices, and the food is good. The motel is close to the stores and restaurants, and it isn't far from the downtown area. The rooms we've stayed in have been clean and roomy. After several visits, we have no reason to look elsewhere for a place to stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wyfiddle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed April 30, 2012

This place was busy on my one-night visit, the last Friday in April. It's a well-used motel from the 60s (aluminum slider windows w/inside storms!) There is a hot tub but it's very small for more than 2 people. 'Free' breakfast comes with the rate, standard biscuits and gravy, waffles, cold cereal, instant oatmeal, mini bagels, mini danish...
What I liked: desk help very nice; comfortable bed, reasonably quiet; nice shower.
Didn't like: difficult to find from I-90; breakfast bar had *bad* coffee and worse OJ (remember Tang?); not a good value for the $$ I paid; lack of outlets at desk area.
Would I stay there again? Only if there's no other place better, but how can you know ahead of time?

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms can hear upstairs folks walking about. Half the rooms face a farm equipment storag...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank ABoregon
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed April 15, 2012 via mobile

I agree with the reviewer who noted that this was out of the way. However, as a dog owner, I appreciated the strip of grass across the parking lot where I could exercise my dog. My room was just fine-clean and not smelly. The location came in handy the next morning as I was heading west and could just jump back on I-90.

Stayed March 2012
SASKATOON
Reviewed April 14, 2012

We stayed here for one night, and were not impressed. The first room we were given we could smell dog in it. YUK! Then went to get our luggage and there was doggie-doo-doo right outside the side entrance. I complained to the clerk and he said they would take care of it in the morning. HUH??? My husband complained about the dog smell in our room and we were given a different room across the hall. Filthy! The carpets were not vacuumed and there was a stick of gum on the floor as well as little bits of paper on the floor. Who knows when the cleaning staff last vacuumed? We never complained about that since they wouldn't do anything until "morning" regarding the doggie doo-doo and we didn't expect they would vacuum that evening. Beds were clean enough for the night. Would never stay here again. Breakfast was okay. We thought the price was terrible for the room we got.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RENZIEPER
Regina, Canada
Reviewed March 11, 2012

You better have a GPS to find this one. A bit out of the way. Not a good location as it is really not close to anything. About a mile west there is a commercial area with shopping and cafes. Nothing real close by.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Heptiro
Lakewood, Colorado
Reviewed January 25, 2012

I stayed here several nights on a business trip. The room was clean. I got this at a great price compared to other places in the area. I have stayed at many other Days Inns before and this is one of the more well kept ones. I would stay here again if the price is right. Don't expect many luxuries. Just a clean and simple room.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank RedAO
Worland, Wyoming
Reviewed January 10, 2012

We stayed at Days Inn on Friday night January 6, 2012. We had called earlier and made reservations and told them we had two dogs with us and were told it would be a $8.00 charge for each dog which we thought was reasonable as we have traveled with our dogs extensively and pay each time we travel unless staying at LaQuinta, which is our preference but they don't have one in Billings. Anyway, we thought the room was adequate for the price. Saturday morning, while sleeping in, we were awakened by the maid knocking on the door...first time this has happened while staying in any motel. I believe check out time is 11:00 am; this was 8:45 am. So we got ready and decided to take advantage of their breakfast. There were the usual...cereal, toast, bagels, boiled eggs, juice, milk and coffee and then there were the waffles and sausage gravy and biscuits. The waffles would have probably been good but the syrup used was horrible; the sausage gravy was bad enough that we couldn't even stomach it to eat it to be polite!
Now, we come to the biggest reason I'm writing a review. When we paid for our stay, they had charged us twice for the dogs ($32.00). I questioned the man behind the counter and he gave me a corrected bill. I questioned him about the way the bill read but he assured me that we wouldn't be charged the additional $16.00. I get an alert from my credit card company and when the alert made it to my email box, it showed the $32.00 charge so I called my credit card company. I was told at that time that the charges were pending and I would have to wait until they actually charged my account before I could do anything.
This morning I checked my card again and saw where I was charged twice for the pets but no credit was issued. I called my credit card company and they are taking care of the problem BUT to have to go through all this for a one night stay...it's not worth it. We won't be returning to this motel!

Room Tip: Put your "Do Not Disturb" on the outside of the door to assure the maid won't be knock...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple