“Nice Place to Stay”

Ranked #17 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Agoura Hills, California
“Nice Place to Stay”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Day Inn in Billings, although a bit hard to locate, furnished me a large, immaculate room complete with fridge, microwave, coffee-maker, and television. In addition to the queen sized bed, there was a large bureau (on top of which was the TV), an easy chair, and a nice-sized desk with chair.

Breakfast featured several kinds of juices, dry cereal, muffins and bagels, milk, tea, and coffee – plus my favorite – waffles. Ila, one of the managers, were out of her way to help me reconfirm my flight the next day, as the phone book furnished no number for Horizon Aairlines.

Altogether (I stayed two nights) it was a a very satisfying experience.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank lajollabob

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Palmer, Alaska
Reviewed August 12, 2011

The hotel is sort of off the beaten path and located in an industrial area. The front desk team was courteous and the room's were average and pretty clean. The stay was inexpensive. They even bake fresh cookies in the afternoon as well. We had some trouble with the online booking and they charged me twice. Still trying to work that out because I booked online with Wyndham and they keep telling me they can't help me but I dont put that burden on the Billings Days Inn.

If you are looking to stay in a relatively clean hotel then start here. It does not offer much for amenities though so if its a vacation and you want to be in the middle of it iall, you may have to keep looking.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Billings, Montana
Reviewed July 22, 2011

we were victims of all the flooding the owner was nice enough to give us a discoount and let us stay a few extre nights the kindness and concern for my family was overwhelming i highly recommend this hotel the staff and management are awesome!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank notaworldtraveler22
Kennewick, Washington
Reviewed July 16, 2011

My daughter and I stayed at this property on 7/13/2011 Room 229. We called and made reservations approx. 3 or so hours prior to arrival. When my daughter called and made the reservation, and the clerk stated, they have one room available they just cleaned, we said, we'll take it. We were checked in by a polite front desk clerk about 9:30pm.
After unwinding we went to bed at 11:45pm. For several minutes I tossed and turned and had to get up 3 times to re-fit the fitted sheets on my bed and also noted my daughters bed had to be redone also. I noted the pillows did not smell fresh, but was resolved to go to sleep anyway, this was around 12;30am. I dosed off lightly into a mild sleep and felt small itches over parts of my body and became uneasy, than my phone rang, it was my wife calling to report an incidence in our business. After hanging up I felt VERY uncomfortable and decided to inspect my bed. I first noted a BIG bedbug crawling into my daughters long hair, so I immediately grabbed the camera to document it. Hindsight say I should of first removed the bug from my daughter's hair. Waking my daughter and telling her a "bedbug" was in her hair was diffidently a dramatic situation for both involved to say the least. We photographed both large and small bedbugs.
After several minutes we removed the bedbug and started to inspect our surroundings. We killed 4 to 6 large bedbugs and several smaller ones on the sheets, then upon inspection noted several on the mattress. It was about 1:30am.
This was so creepy, that there was no way I was going to stay at this property any longer. We packed up within a few minutes and headed to the managers desk.
I apologize for blowing my stack at the front desk clerk, but to be awaken like this, after just a couple hours of light sleep is horrible to say the least. The clerk gave me a business card and told me to contact the manager, Ila Painter in the morning.
I contacted her that morning and explained the situation, and she said, I wouldn't be charged for the room and they had taken care of the bedbugs. After thinking the situation through, I would say without a doubt, the pillow cases and sheets were not changed on those beds prior to our arrival.
I was so creeped out by this I chose to continue my journey home of approximately 700 miles wondering if the itching I was experiencing was phantom or realistic. Upon arriving home it was discovered my daughter had numerous bits and one area that had blood oozing out and swelled larger than a mosquito bit.
I will not ever again stay at a Days Inn because of this......Gary Short (509) 531-1936

Room Tip: First Inspect your pillow cases and linens.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
10 Thank GaryShort
East Grand Forks, Minnesota
Reviewed June 24, 2011

We booked this hotel through Expedia for $98, the hotel had fair reviews. We got to the hotel about 8 pm and went to bed about 10:30. As we turned down one of the double beds (room 204 bed near the window) we noticed the the bed had been urinated in and made up. Of course we were grossed out at the prospect of sleeping in a bed with urine in it, so we went down to the desk and asked for a new room. There were none, the hotel was full. It was 10:30 we had been driving all day and my husband and I don't know the Billings area at all so we said we would stay in the room and asked for new bedding. We turned the mattress over and upside down, the urinated area was at the foot of the bed. We made up the bed with double mattress pads and the non drivers in our party slept on top of the bed made up completely, on top of the covers. The drivers slept in the "clean bed". I complained to the desk clerk and she said we would let the manager know in the morning. After a mostly sleepless night, I talked to the manager the next morning. She said that they would have to talk to Expedia as we booked through them, and we paid them. I said okay and thanked her. It was not her fault after all. After we were on the road, I called Expedia, and they said they could do nothing, that it was the hotel's call (my first sign that things were going bad as the hotel said it was Expedia's call) They called the hotel, and the hotel said they would do nothing about the problem, so Expedia suggested I call the hotel back which I did. The hotel manager told me that the owner equated my complaint with a person who ordered a pizza, ate it and then complained about it. If it was so bad he said, I should have left the hotel, paid for another hotel and then complained. My husband and I have worked in the service industry a combined total of 30 years. We very rarely complain about anything. We were not looking for a free room, just a little acknowledgement of the situation and maybe a reduced rate for the situation the hotel put us in. We thought a more appropriate analogy for the predicament we were in would be ordering a pizza eating some of it and finding a piece of chewed gum in the pizza and complaining. Our main requirement in a hotel is a clean room. This hotel was definitely not clean. i We were unfortunate enough to be put in the situation where we had to choose to stay in the room or try to find a new room on a stormy night in a unfamiliar town, and state. We choose to stay and very much regret it. DON'T STAY HERE.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank loshea
rodmorse18, General Manager at Days Inn Billings, responded to this review, July 12, 2011
Thank you for rating our hotel and providing your comments. We apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying.
We have reviewed this situation with our Housekeeping Department. We retrained our staff and improved our inspection process so guests in the future will never experience this type of situation.
The spot that you mentioned was not a result of urination; it was actually a coffee spill. Urine spots are usually found in the middle of the mattress and not at the foot. Should this ever happen, our policy is to get them professionally cleaned or destroy the mattress and replaced it with the new one.
Also, when a room is booked through a third party websites such as Expedia or Travelocity etc. by contract; the hotel is not allowed to reveal the rate and therefore is not in a position to issue any refunds.
Please rest assured and know that we will go above and beyond and do everything in our power to make it right and earn back your respect, trust and business.
Casper, Wyoming
Reviewed November 10, 2010

Stayed for four days on business (husband), leisure for family. The room had small fridge which was a plus. Older hotel...but the staff was very nice. They were very willing to make changes to accomodate our needs. A little hard to find, off the beaten path, but not too far from the Rimrock Mall, Walmart, and lots of good restraunts. Great hotel for business with a family. Motel has a nice little playground in the back. Good value for Billings. We will stay again because of staff and value.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your compliments. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

I concur with you, we are proud of our team, their friendliness and professionalism. We train our staff continuously and make sure they excel in our Service Promise training that focuses on Guest Service, Housekeeping and Cleanliness. Our greatest compliment is for you to return to us for The Best Value Under The Sun.

We have made diligent efforts to use billboards and DOT signs to help our guest get to our hotel. Please follow those signs; you will have no problem in finding us.

Also, we have expanded our breakfast to include hot items such as Waffles, biscuits and gravy, eggs and fresh fruit.

We hope to be of service to you in the future. If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 406-252-4007.

Glendive MT
Reviewed June 28, 2010

Made online reservation through Orbitz, had to cancel 5 days in advance. Neither Orbitz nor Days Inn Billilngs would budge, even though the Days Inn Billings website states that you can cancel by 6 p.m. same day. This place will never screws over again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank GlennCThom
Thank you very much for your comments. We appreciate all feedback from our guests; whether it is good or bad. We apologize that you were not satisfied with our response.
Unfortunately, when a hotel room is booked under a discounted rate plan and especially through a third party website, the reservation can only be cancelled at that Third Party website which in this case was Orbitz.
In future, please call us directly or book your room at daysinn.com. Not only you would be able to make changes but you would also be able cancel your reservation.
Additionally, you would also be entitled to earn Wyndham Rewards points by booking at our brand website.