“Pretty and friendly hotel near Old Town Billings”

Best Western Plus ClockTower Inn
Ranked #7 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I chose this hotel from a map of Billings because it was close to my son's place--and was it a lucky choice! The staff is professional and friendly, the rooms are immaculate, and they even have a little dog park for those who bring pooches. We spent time walking around town, we ate in a brew pub in the historic district, we visited the Purple Heart Memorial on the courthouse lawn. It felt like a piece of Americana to me--a wonderfully relaxed stay in the heart of the city. We'll be back!

Room Tip: We enjoyed our room in a balcony overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
In-House_Coordinator, Manager at Best Western Plus ClockTower Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

JRLorenz,
Thank you for the nice review as we make every guests stay a pleasant one. I am also glad you were able to enjoy the great downtown and wonderful brewpub where you can receive 10% off their meal with Key to the City. Hope you come back soon as we will have a new pool in October.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was the best Motel I stayed at on my vacation. I was on a motorcycle and when I arrived i was hot and tired. The very first thing motel receptionist did was hand me and my wife an ice cold bottle of water. Then she gave me a chamois towel and pointed me to the covered bike wash station right next to my room. Front parking right in front of my room door with walk around security at night. Felt safe comfortable and welcome. The shower was amazing as well as the bed. Friendly Staff Great restaurant next door Catered to the Biker Quiet We stayed at other high end motels on this trip but this Best Western was the best of them all. I cant say enough good things about this motel, It is the very best one I have ever stayed at on my motorcycle trips. Thank You Best Western and May God Bless You

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
In-House_Coordinator, Manager at Best Western Plus ClockTower Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Stephen B,
I am really glad you enjoyed your stay at our property and that you also enjoyed the cold water and washing chamois. We know just how hot it is and that it gets really hot with leathers on while riding. I am also really glad you enjoyed our personnel who walk the property the entire night helping make sure everyone's bike and car is as safe as if they parked it at home. Hope you have a great rest of the summer.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed at the BWCTI for one quick night on our way home from Wyoming. We chose this hotel because they had a complimentary airport shuttle and was located very close to the airport since we had a very early morning flight. Check in was a breeze and the staff was very nice. The hotel reminded me more of a motel in that it's mostly two story (with outside facing room entrances). I don't say that in a negative way, just to better describe the property. You could tell the property was older but it was very well maintained and very quaint. The grounds have beautiful flower beds and window boxes everywhere!!! There was a nice undercover parking garage and our room was located on the 1st floor facing the pool. The room was very nicely decorated and had two queen beds, a huge flat screen TV, and a decent sized bathroom. The pool looked a little "rough around the edges" <grin> but it was clean and the pool furniture was nice. They even had complimentary pool towels available at the pool area!
There's a nice small lobby area (with computers for printing boarding passes) and the staff was very nice fixing our TV. We walked downtown to a great restaurant (Montana Brewing Company) and it was a very pleasant and safe walk. Would definitely recommend this hotel for the value!!!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool are definitely the most convenient to pool access and also safer (in my opinio...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

jscottsix,
Thank you for the review. I am really please to see you enjoyed our property and everything was to your liking. You are correct in that we are an older property but we do try our best to make sure it is as beautiful as any property can be which we do by adding as many beautiful flowers everywhere possible. We agree about the edges of the pool and you will be happy to know at the end of this summer we are actually pulling the entire pool out (helicoptering it out) and replacing it with a new pool and a hot tub. Thank you again for the review and we hope you have a great rest of the summer.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

This is awesome place to stay! We got into Billings from Iowa on the 4th of July noon and staff was so accommodating to find a room instead of waiting! The front desk staff personnel was so helpful and kind-all three shifts! The flowers surrounding the hotel were beautiful! It was located so close to our son's apt and restaurants downtown we could easily walk! We spent three nights there! We had a nice big room and the only disappointment we had was the location of TV-brought it to the staff's attention and they agreed with suggestion! Ice machines were also a distance but manageable! I would stay here again in a heart beat! Even the owner is helping out the staff and so friendly! Depending where your room is located outside pool is a little walk!

Room Tip: If want to enjoy outside pool would ask to be in building where it is located!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
In-House_Coordinator, Manager at Best Western Plus ClockTower Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Brenda S,
Thank you for the comment on the TV location as you are correct. We love constructive feedback, good or bad, as it does help us improve our property. We are by no means always right and we look for guest feedback on where we can always improve allowing us to keep our rooms at a high level that our guests expect. I am glad you enjoyed your 4th at the property and hope to see you again. Once again thank you for taking the time to let us and others know about your stay.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I have stayed at the ClockTower Inn three times I believe. The staff is great and they have incorporated a lot of little personal touches. The location is within a short walking distance of downtown restaurants, and I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast next door at Stellas.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Mary P,
Thank you for choosing to not only stay with us but to return multiple times. I am also really glad to hear you enjoy Stella's Kitchen and Bakery next door.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Not only was the room great (clean and well-appointed) but the staff also provided one of the best customer experiences I have had at a hotel. A long day of travel was eased by the warmth of the greeting upon our arrival around midnight. The desk staff was equally warm on our departure. A staff person we encountered in the parking lot was kind enough to provide directions for our next destination and walk with us to the parking lot exit to make certain we were headed in the right direction. Although I had made prior arrangements at another location for the conclusion of our trip, I inquired about the availability of a room at this property. I was disappointed to learn that they were fully booked due to a convention. The breakfast at the restaurant next door was as good as described. It is a pleasure to recomment this inn.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to let us and others know about your experience. We try to make sure every guest has an enjoyable stay and a large portion of that comes from human interactions. Once again Thank you for your review and I hope you had a great vacation.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

This was a great value. There aren't many reputable options in Billings, but my room and experience at this Best Western was very pleasant. I had a second floor room overlooking... nothing (a roof? a parking lot?). But it doesn't matter. I rolled my luggage into my non-smoking room and immediately called the reception desk to ask to be moved because there was a noticeable nicotine odor. They quickly found another room across the hall that was much better. The staff checked the room I had left and agreed and expressed disappointment in my experience. He was very accommodating. The desk staff were friendly as were the restaurant staff. The breakfast was included in the room price and was quite good (basic diner food... but very good). I'd recommend this hotel as a safe, clean, dependable experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
In-House_Coordinator, Manager at Best Western Plus ClockTower Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

bcdrawn,
While I am very sorry about the first room I am glad to hear the front desk recognized the problem and immediately switched you to a nearby room which was up to your standards. We are a 100% non smoking property but we still have people who smoke in them which causes us to take the room down for a night or two in order to deep clean the room. I am sorry this was missed but am glad it gave us an opportunity to provide great customer service.