“This is a really great place to stay.”

Best Western Plus ClockTower Inn
Ranked #5 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Big Sky, Montana
“This is a really great place to stay.”
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Only negatives: no microwave in the room, you can faintly hear trains at night, the room heater occasionally squeaks. Pluses: the rooms are completely remodeled. Great bathrooms/ fixtures/pressure. The towels are new and fluffy. Not much counter space but it is adequate and it has good lighting plus a great magnifying mirror. Sink are separate from shower/toilet so that's handy. Fridge, coffee maker (with GOOD coffee but yucky powdered creamer and no half/half in the lobby) shower cap, and hair dryer in the rooms. Clean rooms, even the remote is sanitized. Shampoo, conditioner and lotion are all environmentally friendly brands (great job BW). Bed was very comfortable. Free wi-if. Huge flat screen tv. It's a motel not hotel which I usually hate. But, I'm telling you, it feels like a hotel. You can't go wrong. I wish it was $10 less but you get what you pay for! Front desk clerk (Norma jean and her puppy) were very nice and helpful!

• Stayed November 2012
In-House_Coordinator, Manager at Best Western Plus ClockTower Inn, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for the honest feedback. You are correct that we do not have microwaves in our rooms as we found more guests "experimenting" in them than heating up food leaving the rooms with an odor and the microwaves with a cleanliness less that acceptable for our us or our future guests. I must say you are the first to ever comment on our creamer and I promise we will look into that and see what options are out there. I also really appreciate the feedback and the value comment as it is important we provide value for price paid. I will pass along your comment to Norma and her puppy "baby girl".

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Eagan, MN
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I'm writing this review because I'm surprised by the poor ratings this hotel has gotten. The hotel staff is friendly and its in a great location. Lots of food/bars/entertainment to walk to. Located right in downtown billings its close to a little of everything. The airport shuttle is usually prompt, and a great service. The rooms are really fantastic. They appear to be recently remodled and are always very clean, and stylish. I stay in Billings several times a month, and this is my hotel of choice. You can get a good price on some of the bidding websites. Again I can't reitterate enough that this hotel is leaps and bounds above similarly priced offerings in billings. I should also add that I travel for a living, and stay in hotels up to 18 nights a month, and this is one of the few I look forward to.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
What an incredible review and I am really glad you enjoy your stays at our property. We really try to make sure everyone enjoys their stay and it is great to see a guest such as yourself taking time to write a glowing review. There are going to be some great things happening over this winter including newly remodeled rooms and the addition of a second elevator in a section which only has stairs to the second floor allowing for a more enjoyable experience. Thank you once again for your loyalty to our property.
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed November 21, 2012

The BW Clocktower in was ok , clean , friendly service , but seemed to have constant noise ,all night, even the toilet would sometimes splash up, mentioned this to front desk staff , they sort of brushed it off as this was unusual, but nothing was done about it or even mentioned again. coffee maker in our room didnt work , again mentioned to front desk ... never fixed. Room was always clean, but this shouldn't be a 3 star, the Country Inn suites is at least a star above this one and it is only a 2 1/2 star, and you get breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
I am very sorry about the constant noise, the coffee maker, and toilet. Without knowing your specific room I can't specifically address the problems. However, we had been notified of several toilets having problems in a section and have since been replaced. This sounds like you may have been in one of those rooms prior to use becoming aware of the problem and I truly do apologize for that. As for the coffee maker, ours are situated on a tray which can be moved around and as such are not plugged in. I can understand it to be a hassle but we found many guests normally moved the coffee maker around so we tried to just make it a quick second easier for the early morning risers. I appreciate the honest comments and assure you we take guest comments very seriously.
Marco Island, Florida
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My room, with a single king bed, was very nicely appointed. The bed was super comfortable, with a plethora of pillows. The room itself was quite spacious, with a writing desk and a comfy couch. The towels were plush and soft, and the coffee provided in packets was quite good. The HVAC system had a fan that could be set to run all night, effectively blocking noise from late arrivals.

Room Tip: It would be a noisy stay right by the pool during summer; my trip was in October so there wasn't...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
It is nice to see you enjoyed your stay and the room was to your liking. we are currently remodeling our pool rooms so they be even better by next summer. I am also really pleased to see that the HVAC system worked well for you and allowed you to get a good nights rest. You are correct that summer the pool area is our most popular area, but we take noise complaints very seriously as one of our main job is to provide a good night's rest for our guests.
Newport, Washington
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed 3 nights in a room with a single king bed. The bed was comfortable. The room had a small desk, reclining chair and mini fridge, but no microwave. I appreciated the sitting option. The 'closet', luggage rack and adjacent sink area is very cramped. Bathroom is small. The people at the front desk were pleasant and helpful. I would stay here again. The adjacent restaurant 'Stellas' is very good, but is not open for dinner.

• Stayed November 2012
I am glad you enjoyed your stay though you felt a little cramped. We do offer several different types of king rooms and would suggest if you would like more space in the room and bathroom go with a king room by the pool as they are our largest king rooms with a pullout coach, large bathroom, and plenty of extra space to spread out.
Nigel,Gauteng,South Africa
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night only as we had to leave from Billings airport to Seattle. Found it to be clean and the staff was very helpful. They arranged a very early shuttle(4:30am) to take us to the airport and even offered us early morning coffee!

Room Tip: We had 6 suitcases for 3 people...they unfortunately did not know this so we were stuck in a room on...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
You will be happy to know we really take comments by our guests seriously and after comments of not having elevator access to a section of the hotel this winter we will be putting in a second elevator which will now give us elevator access to 90% of the property. We are always trying to improve our property and honest feedback from guests such as yourself is invaluable.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We had and early morning flight out of Billings after spending several days at Custer State Park. We just wanted a clean room and some dinner. We got so much more. The hotel is only about 10 minutes from the airport. It is also just a block from a street lined with restaurants. The hotel will give you a map of the restaurants,
The breakfast at Stella's is a real treat!
I don't know how they did it, but the hotel lobby smells like a pine forest!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Custer State Park is a great place and I am glad that we capped on your travels with an enjoyable experience. As a traveler myself I know how a hotel at the end of the stay can make a long trip just a little bit longer. I hope you were able to actually enjoy one of the many restaurants we have within 2 blocks of us. Hope you come back again.