“clean, but not a 3 star”

Best Western Plus ClockTower Inn
Ranked #6 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed November 21, 2012

The BW Clocktower in was ok , clean , friendly service , but seemed to have constant noise ,all night, even the toilet would sometimes splash up, mentioned this to front desk staff , they sort of brushed it off as this was unusual, but nothing was done about it or even mentioned again. coffee maker in our room didnt work , again mentioned to front desk ... never fixed. Room was always clean, but this shouldn't be a 3 star, the Country Inn suites is at least a star above this one and it is only a 2 1/2 star, and you get breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
In-House_Coordinator, Manager at Best Western Plus ClockTower Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

I am very sorry about the constant noise, the coffee maker, and toilet. Without knowing your specific room I can't specifically address the problems. However, we had been notified of several toilets having problems in a section and have since been replaced. This sounds like you may have been in one of those rooms prior to use becoming aware of the problem and I truly do apologize for that. As for the coffee maker, ours are situated on a tray which can be moved around and as such are not plugged in. I can understand it to be a hassle but we found many guests normally moved the coffee maker around so we tried to just make it a quick second easier for the early morning risers. I appreciate the honest comments and assure you we take guest comments very seriously.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

My room, with a single king bed, was very nicely appointed. The bed was super comfortable, with a plethora of pillows. The room itself was quite spacious, with a writing desk and a comfy couch. The towels were plush and soft, and the coffee provided in packets was quite good. The HVAC system had a fan that could be set to run all night, effectively blocking noise from late arrivals.

Room Tip: It would be a noisy stay right by the pool during summer; my trip was in October so there wasn't...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

It is nice to see you enjoyed your stay and the room was to your liking. we are currently remodeling our pool rooms so they be even better by next summer. I am also really pleased to see that the HVAC system worked well for you and allowed you to get a good nights rest. You are correct that summer the pool area is our most popular area, but we take noise complaints very seriously as one of our main job is to provide a good night's rest for our guests.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed 3 nights in a room with a single king bed. The bed was comfortable. The room had a small desk, reclining chair and mini fridge, but no microwave. I appreciated the sitting option. The 'closet', luggage rack and adjacent sink area is very cramped. Bathroom is small. The people at the front desk were pleasant and helpful. I would stay here again. The adjacent restaurant 'Stellas' is very good, but is not open for dinner.

• Stayed: November 2012

I am glad you enjoyed your stay though you felt a little cramped. We do offer several different types of king rooms and would suggest if you would like more space in the room and bathroom go with a king room by the pool as they are our largest king rooms with a pullout coach, large bathroom, and plenty of extra space to spread out.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night only as we had to leave from Billings airport to Seattle. Found it to be clean and the staff was very helpful. They arranged a very early shuttle(4:30am) to take us to the airport and even offered us early morning coffee!

Room Tip: We had 6 suitcases for 3 people...they unfortunately did not know this so we were stuck in a room on...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

You will be happy to know we really take comments by our guests seriously and after comments of not having elevator access to a section of the hotel this winter we will be putting in a second elevator which will now give us elevator access to 90% of the property. We are always trying to improve our property and honest feedback from guests such as yourself is invaluable.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

We had and early morning flight out of Billings after spending several days at Custer State Park. We just wanted a clean room and some dinner. We got so much more. The hotel is only about 10 minutes from the airport. It is also just a block from a street lined with restaurants. The hotel will give you a map of the restaurants,
The breakfast at Stella's is a real treat!
I don't know how they did it, but the hotel lobby smells like a pine forest!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Custer State Park is a great place and I am glad that we capped on your travels with an enjoyable experience. As a traveler myself I know how a hotel at the end of the stay can make a long trip just a little bit longer. I hope you were able to actually enjoy one of the many restaurants we have within 2 blocks of us. Hope you come back again.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Well 2 negatives I have on this hotel is the room we stayed in had a tricky door lock and it was difficult to get in to the room and the parking lot is tight. The location is great for experiencing downtown Billings. I only had one night there and was able to walk from the hotel and find lots of choices for dinner. We ate at the Montana Brewing Co and had a great diner.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed the location. We like to joke we are walking distance from some of the best restaurants and stumbling distance from some of the best bars. With regards the two negatives we are currently in the process of purchasing all new locks and going with new RFID locks which which don't require you to even insert your keys into the lock, but just touch it. We are also working on improving the parking as I drive a large SUV and park every day though I have found backing to be the easiest way to park. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you come back again.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

I was initially upset about having to stay here I thought the downtown area was pretty sketchy. After checking in I realized downtown is just as safe as the rest of Billings and mostly a historic area. I loved my hotel room. BW Plus' are always so nice. The pool area was pretty all though I didn't use it. Heard many guests compliment the restaurant onsite, did not use it myself. Love the "key to the city" you recieve upon check in (includes discounts at many stores and restaurants close by). Great, friendly staff. Already booked two more reservations here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
In-House_Coordinator, Manager at Best Western Plus ClockTower Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

I am really glad you gave us a chance make your stay a pleasant one and I am especially glad to hear we didn't disappoint. Many people hear downtown and instantly think negative thoughts. As you have found out downtown is probably one of the nicest and safest parts of Billings. All within walking distance you have locally owned restaurants, which rank among the top rated in Billings, as well as some really great boutique stores from Antique to Diamond stores there is a little of everything. Lastly I am glad you enjoyed the Key to the City program and took advantage of it. many people forget that great little perk.