Stayed here 3 nights—02-03-08 to 02-06-08
Hilton Garden Inns may have a quality problem with their heating equipment supplier—Trane. I encountered an, almost, identical situation over a year ago at the Hilton Garden Inn, Springfield, Mass. In Springfield, I was forced to spend the entire night in a frigid room. Fortunately, here in Billings, someone from the engineering staff was able to get the heat running again—at least until 3:00 AM on the morning of check-out when the heat stopped once again and the room, again, became frigid.
I spoke with the manager about this problem, and the other issues noted below. He was very polite and, at my request, offered to deposit an extra 500 “Honors” points into my Hilton Honors account.
Before making a reservation, I recommend phoning this hotel directly and inquiring as to whether a room with a reliable heating unit is available. Naturally, this may require taking a room with a less than desirable location. The rooms on the north side of the hotel overlook only a complex of shopping centers. Whereas, the rooms on the south side of the hotel offer a distant view of the mountains.
Other issues to be watchful of:
• CONNECTING DOOR TO THE NEXT ROOM: Avoid rooms with this type of door. The doors (one on each side) have absolutely no sound insulation. Everything that you say, and do, (above a whispering level) can be heard in the next room, and vice versa.
• NOISY CABLE BOX: As this hotel ages, the cable box (one in each room) will become very noisy. There is a hard disk inside which runs continusly. This is the source of the noise. The box can not be shut-off, or unplugged. The manager indicated he is aware of this problem and is working to correct this situation.
• NOISY REFRIGERATOR: Again, as this hotel ages, this will grow into a major problem. The Hilton Garden Inn, Denver (Colo.) Airport has aged enough that it is difficult to get any sleep in some of their rooms because of a noisy condenser unit in their refrigerators. Like the cable box, the refrigerator can not be turned-off or unplugged. There is NO temperature control/”on-off” knob inside.
• BED SHEETS NOT CHANGED: Not once, during the three nights, were the sheets changed. I can only assume the housekeeping staff are not given enough time to properly clean the rooms, and so, they “cut corners” by not changing bed sheets. I, intentionally, did not complain about this issue prior to checking-out. I was staying here to undergo a colonoscopy at nearby Billings Clinic. During the preparation process I lost a degree of control and soiled the “top sheet” on my bed. I was too embarrassed to say anything about this matter at the time. On checking-out I did mention this to the manager who advised hotel policy requires daily changing of bed sheets.
On the positive side, this hotel is well situated for eating and shopping. An excellent cafeteria—The Golden Corral (no breakfast—only lunch and dinner)—is about 1 ½ miles away, to the north, on West 24th Street. For breakfast, the offerings in the hotel lobby are your best buy. For those who want to sleep late, Denny’s and IHOP, both less than 2 miles away, serve breakfast all day. Other places serving dinner, within 2 miles, are: Olive Garden, Outback Steakhouse, and Applebee’s. For shopping there’s Wal-Mart (visible from the north side of the hotel), Office Depot, and Staples Rimrock Mall is about 3 miles away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel in Billings, MT is Located in central Billings, near the Rimrock Mall and ZooMontana. Hilton Garden Inn Billings offers the perfect home-away-from-home with freshly-prepared breakfast daily inside of our on-site restaurant (breakfast not included in room rate). Expect the following hotel amenities: evening room service, in-room microwaves and refrigerators, an on-site bar/lounge area, indoor pool/whirlpool spa, fitness room, complimentary business center, meeting/conference rooms (catering services available) and free parking. Sundries and other goodies are available for purchase at our 24-hour Pavilion Pantry (also on-site at our hotel). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Billings reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Billings Hotel Billings
- Hilton Billings