“This Hotel has great customer service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Big Horn Resort

Big Horn Resort
Ranked #18 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Montana
“This Hotel has great customer service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2010

New Hotel. Very friendly Staff. The Kids had a Great time in the Waterpark. I would recommend this Hotel and waterpark. The Hotel and the Waterpark were clean. The Hotel also has a business lounge for business conversation.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank JohnBoy05

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2010

We stayed here for a long weekend for a wedding. The room was very large, clean, quiet, and comfortable. The breakfast was nice - good selection. Overall, we were happy with our stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank laut0022
Bozeman, montana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2010

My family and I visited over the holiday and everything was horrible from start to finish. The hotel doesn't believe in plowing so the slipping and sliding with luggage and four kids started out wrong for me. The lady at the front desk was rude and unaccommodating as she made us feel like we were interrupting her life somehow our room was cold and took a long time to warm up. In the water park things just got worse it was dirty and cluttered everywhere finding it hard to find a spot to sit. The environment is stale and from what I could tell when speaking to the general manager about some of my complaints he is very ill educated in management making excuses for everything. They advertised they would be open until one and yet everything was turned off a little after midnight leaving not only my family and I with a bad taste in our mouths but the majority of the crowd they had. We will never return tot his hotel or recommend it.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank ladyluck71201
anaconda
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2009

this place is over priced not to mention they charged my credit card for items i payed for earlier, they told me at check out the items were wiped from my bill when I asked about them but when i checked my bank they charged more, I payed cash for my pool but later found they also charged my card..... DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION.................

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2008

What a lovely new hotel! The room was great. We are a family of 5 and the couch/bed was perfect for our growing children! the breakfast was wounderful too.... so much to choose from. I only have one major complaint: the lights in front of the hotel outside were bright, bud did turn off at 10PM.

• Liked — room size
  • Disliked — comfort
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank marko82
California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2008

When we checked in the front desk staff was very rude and one of them in particular had a horrible personality for working at a hotel. She was terribly unfriendly when inquiring about local restaurants. When I asked her about the pricing etc. for The Reef what she said contradicted an earlier phone call to the hotel. No two people on the hotel staff gave the same information. I also think it is silly that you can't put on your own wrist band for The Reef. The Reef is the water park there and had some MAJOR issues (they opened a week ago). They were definitely overpriced (the hotel discount is 15.00/person that is the discount off the 19.95 and the 16.95 prices) and it is only good until 11 a.m. checkout - which is a rip off! Silver Mountain in Idaho lets you stay the entire day that you check out (at the water park) if you want. There was also a piece of poop floating in the wave pool and it took me telling 3 lifeguards before they did something about it. Then they had to clear the pool and clean up since it was everywhere. That was so disgusting! The food there was not good. I think the smells of it filling the water park was a bad marketing technique because it basically smelled like grease. I gave two stars so that they can improve and hopefully make this a little better place for families to come enjoy some time. I really felt that we were ripped off for what we received. I think they should offer a better price for the lower value of what you receive. They want to be "high end" but they are not there.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
colorado springs
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2008

I had been staying at mom-n-pop places on a trip to Yellowstone and Glacier parks, so it was nice to stay at a corporate place for a change. It was easy to find, very quiet, and predictable. I'm happy to count on this chain for efficiency, and the little luxuries like nice sheets and towels, decent coffe and tea, comfortable and convenient lighting, and nice bathroom fixtures.
I would have rated this a five (excellent), but the coffee maker in the room had the old used filter still in it, and the hash browns at breakfast tasted off.

• Liked — predictable
  • Disliked — attention to cleaning detail
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends