“Relaxing Stay”

Ranked #19 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
“Relaxing Stay”
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Normally I would give this property a very good, but because of the early check-in (10:00am) and the best breakfast I ever had gave it an Excellent! It was a rest day on 2 week trip and opening of football season so wanted to see game (Packers) and rest up for rest of trip. We had no problem with noise as it was Sunday night. We did get military discount by booking early. Good bed and nice big room. Large flat screen but only analog shows. Wifi was good.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SBrown1949
bighornresort, General Manager at Big Horn Resort, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for your candid comment, we atre pleased that we were able to excell at serving you and look forward to your next visit to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Powell, Wyoming
Reviewed September 7, 2013

A bit outside of Billings for me. Very nice stay however I wouldn't call it a resort. The room was clean, have no complaints just think it was average. Lots of ants and ant hills by the outside entry door.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
bighornresort, General Manager at Big Horn Resort, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for your candid comment. Our property offers more than the normal hotel with a 35,000 Sq ft water park, Ripp's cafe, Cherie's Spa, 7500 sq ft convention center, wedding garden, Reef Patio, business center, fitness center and a Montana favorite restraunt, and more to be added in the future. Soon we will not be the edge of town as there are many shops planned for the area. I hope you will consider our property on your future visits.
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I usually stay here once a year for my allergy appointments and so my family to have fun in the water park. When making the reservation we asked for a one bed Room and were quoted a certain price. I called a week in advance to make sure we still had our reservations and to request a room close to my family's room. On the day of arrival we were switched in to a room with two beds(no big deal) but we were told that it's our fault the reservations were switched and were charged more. I asked if they could charge for all three nights upon arrival and they refused to do so, so I blew it off (I know you can do so because I have experience working the front desk of a hotel). when we were checking out the night before we were charged additional fees for things we didn't charge to our room. Desk clerk didn't seem to care. I have stayed here plenty of times before and each experience was great. Not sure if I would stay again in the future

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank BrittneyLyn
bighornresort, General Manager at Big Horn Resort, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
I apologize for the confusion on your reservation. We strive to meet our customers expectations and it is disappointing when we don't reach that mark. i would love to know more details so that I could address this issue with our staff.
Butte, Montana
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very disappointed in our stay! A Rx pill was left behind by the previous guest (a huge oversight by the housekeeping staff) which my niece mistook as candy and put it in her mouth. When our room key would'nt work my daughter was turned away by the front desk staff and told to "just go back to the pool". When I approached the staff member she lied to my face. Management did nothing to appease the situation and I was told the manager would follow up with me and she never did. Terrible customer service for a return customer!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Amy S
I apologize for the housekeeping issue, we have addressed that issue with our staff. Keys to guest rooms are just like homes they cannot be given out to anyone other than the registered guest, I apologize for the inconvenience to your family as your safety is our number one concern.
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I brought my boy there for his birthday first I was givin a rate on the internet then when I booked over the phone they gave me a whole new rate then told me that that couldn't do anything because I didn't book a week in advanced. The staff was rude! The room was dirty when I got there it looked as if they had just pulled the duvet over the pre used sheets,the house keeper entered my room at 8:00 am the morning I was leaving woke all my kids up and I have four from the age of 11 months to 12 years was the worse hotel stay of my life and I travel alot

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank mommarayray
I apologize for the confusion of your reservation, often when you make a reservation on line you will get a different rate than when booking directly at the hotel as there are many rules you have to abide by to make an online reservation that the property does not require. For instance if you book several days in advance on line you may be eligable for an advance purchase price that the property level does not offer. Those types of on line offers often are not cancelable or changeable. Please accept my sincere apology for the cleanliness of your room, our staff does a good job, but perhaps your housekeeper was not on her game that day, in which we ask you to let us know immediately so we can correct the issues as it is not acceptable to us for any of our guests to stay in a less that clean room.
Greenacres, Washington
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We travel to the Midwest every year most of the time stop in Billings for our first night's rest. We have tried numerous hotels/motels in Billings and found this one to be one of the best. Although we didn't partake of the waterpark, we watched the families who were in the waterpark through the large window in the lounge. Despite the number of families there, we had no problem with excessive noise, etc., throughout the entire time we were there. The hotel was clean, and the staff very friendly. The Rib & Chop House across the parking lot was fantastic! We most definitely will put this on our list as a return stop.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
bighornresort, General Manager at Big Horn Resort, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Thank you for your candid comments. Our staff strives to give good service and I will pass on your comments.
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on our return trip from yellowstone. Bighorn resort is a very nice place, with a indoor water park attached. Rooms very clean and spacious. We loved the breakfast, where there was plenty of space and never felt crowded like you do at some hotel breakfast buffets. We will definitely stay here again and recommend to friends heading to Billings.

• Stayed August 2013
bighornresort, General Manager at Big Horn Resort, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
We are pleased that you stay was great and we look forward to your next visit to Billings. Thank you.