“Mixed up the reservations”
Review of Big Horn Resort

Big Horn Resort
Ranked #19 of 51 Hotels in Billings
“Mixed up the reservations”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I usually stay here once a year for my allergy appointments and so my family to have fun in the water park. When making the reservation we asked for a one bed Room and were quoted a certain price. I called a week in advance to make sure we still had our reservations and to request a room close to my family's room. On the day of arrival we were switched in to a room with two beds(no big deal) but we were told that it's our fault the reservations were switched and were charged more. I asked if they could charge for all three nights upon arrival and they refused to do so, so I blew it off (I know you can do so because I have experience working the front desk of a hotel). when we were checking out the night before we were charged additional fees for things we didn't charge to our room. Desk clerk didn't seem to care. I have stayed here plenty of times before and each experience was great. Not sure if I would stay again in the future

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank BrittneyLyn
bighornresort, General Manager at Big Horn Resort, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
I apologize for the confusion on your reservation. We strive to meet our customers expectations and it is disappointing when we don't reach that mark. i would love to know more details so that I could address this issue with our staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Butte, Montana
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very disappointed in our stay! A Rx pill was left behind by the previous guest (a huge oversight by the housekeeping staff) which my niece mistook as candy and put it in her mouth. When our room key would'nt work my daughter was turned away by the front desk staff and told to "just go back to the pool". When I approached the staff member she lied to my face. Management did nothing to appease the situation and I was told the manager would follow up with me and she never did. Terrible customer service for a return customer!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Amy S
I apologize for the housekeeping issue, we have addressed that issue with our staff. Keys to guest rooms are just like homes they cannot be given out to anyone other than the registered guest, I apologize for the inconvenience to your family as your safety is our number one concern.
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I brought my boy there for his birthday first I was givin a rate on the internet then when I booked over the phone they gave me a whole new rate then told me that that couldn't do anything because I didn't book a week in advanced. The staff was rude! The room was dirty when I got there it looked as if they had just pulled the duvet over the pre used sheets,the house keeper entered my room at 8:00 am the morning I was leaving woke all my kids up and I have four from the age of 11 months to 12 years was the worse hotel stay of my life and I travel alot

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank mommarayray
I apologize for the confusion of your reservation, often when you make a reservation on line you will get a different rate than when booking directly at the hotel as there are many rules you have to abide by to make an online reservation that the property does not require. For instance if you book several days in advance on line you may be eligable for an advance purchase price that the property level does not offer. Those types of on line offers often are not cancelable or changeable. Please accept my sincere apology for the cleanliness of your room, our staff does a good job, but perhaps your housekeeper was not on her game that day, in which we ask you to let us know immediately so we can correct the issues as it is not acceptable to us for any of our guests to stay in a less that clean room.
Greenacres, Washington
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We travel to the Midwest every year most of the time stop in Billings for our first night's rest. We have tried numerous hotels/motels in Billings and found this one to be one of the best. Although we didn't partake of the waterpark, we watched the families who were in the waterpark through the large window in the lounge. Despite the number of families there, we had no problem with excessive noise, etc., throughout the entire time we were there. The hotel was clean, and the staff very friendly. The Rib & Chop House across the parking lot was fantastic! We most definitely will put this on our list as a return stop.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
bighornresort, General Manager at Big Horn Resort, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Thank you for your candid comments. Our staff strives to give good service and I will pass on your comments.
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on our return trip from yellowstone. Bighorn resort is a very nice place, with a indoor water park attached. Rooms very clean and spacious. We loved the breakfast, where there was plenty of space and never felt crowded like you do at some hotel breakfast buffets. We will definitely stay here again and recommend to friends heading to Billings.

• Stayed August 2013
bighornresort, General Manager at Big Horn Resort, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
We are pleased that you stay was great and we look forward to your next visit to Billings. Thank you.
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We came through Billings on business. Our hotel options were flexible, so we decided to try a new place. We were pleasantly surprised. Quiet, great bed, nice staff. A definite place to stay next trip!

Room Tip: Don't worry if you're close to the Reef. We were pleasantly surprised how quiet it was :)
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
bighornresort, General Manager at Big Horn Resort, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for your comments, we are pleased that we were able to extend our great customer service. I will pass on your comments to our staff. We look forward to your next visit to Billings.
Wyoming
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We received a very friendly welcome upon our arrival. Staff was efficient at check in and gave a thorough introduction to the resort. Our room was very clean and quiet. The king size bed was comfy, the hot tub enjoyable, and the breakfast was good. The resort staff is a hard working group that aims to make their guests stay enjoyable and they succeeded! We will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. We love to hear when we have done a good jb and I will also pass this on to the staff. We look forward to your next visit to Billings.