Big Horn Resort
Northern Hotel(Billings)
$145
$140
$129
Days Inn by Wyndham Billings(Billings)(Great Value!)
$80
Hotwire.com
$105
All reviewswater parkindoor waterparkconference centerconference roomawesome stayenjoyed my stayfollowing morningyogurtchoice hotelsa great place to staydefinitely stay here againstaff was very friendly and helpfulfree breakfastcleaning staffbeds were comfortableparking lotbusiness trip
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We called ahead for a Thanksgiving retreat to make sure the water park would be open for the holiday. I understood closed for Thanksgiving, so I booked the room. We booked this room so my daughter could play with me at the Reef while her mom went shopping. The only reason we stayed was because of this. We woke up Friday morning, the Reef's hours were 9am-9pm, just to find out they were not going to open due to staffing issues. UNACCEPTABLE. The Bighorn is considered a resort, with one tiny little hot tub and the jets were not working! It wasn't even hot! Besides serving the same breakfast meal every morning and we found hair in the eggs. Not a weekend resort. They shouldn't advertise as a resort if they don't have a relationship with the Reef where they can use their pools and have access to them. We won't be coming back for any weekend getaway.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Travis L
bighornresort, General Manager at Big Horn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

I apologize for the shortfalls you experienced while staying with us at the Big Horn Resort. I have spoken to the Reef Manager and the staffing situation will be handled for any future stays. The hotel hot tub had been cooled down for other guests who did not like the hot temperature, it is unfortunate that to please one guest upsets another. I thank you for your comments and we will do our best to correct the issues for future reservations.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed one night. Nice big room, good toiletries. Efficient air con. Bar closed early. Nice (free) help yourself breakfast. Fantastic restaurant just across the parking lot. AMAZING steak. Try the Baseball Cut sirloin. Staff were great helping us print our boarding passes for next day.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank PYT13
bighornresort, General Manager at Big Horn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank you for your comments. We love to hear that we are meeting your expectations and we look forward to your next visit to Billings.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I "had" to have the water park for a late to-do on my sons Birthday, so I decided to ignore the negative reviews and make it my own.
I don't know why so many complained about the front staff; we came in late on a Friday night and recieved a very warm welcome! The women taking our reservations over the phone was pleasant and the rooms we're exactly as we reserved, even the day of! Yes, they charged my card immediately when checking in, but I don't see why that should be an issue. In today's society, if it helps this establishment avoid theft issues, I'm all for it!
Housekeeping did a great job in providing us with clean and well maintained room(s). I chose to put up the do not disturb sign, but noted they we're on the floors at a decent hour, so as not to wake anyone, but early enough to get what you might be in need of.
I heard a bit of lil' feet running above us the first morning, but not horrible as some might say. How can you not be excited with a giant slide waiting to be had!
Breakfast was a pleasant suprise! Serve yourself, was a bit above average for your typical hotel; prepared well seemed to be the key and the gals did a great job in keeping up with the crowd and its clean-up.
The water park was was a blast for the kids. The wave pool was a bit week, considering we've been to a few you might say, but all and all it was great. Staff was friendly and the pizza was actually good.
For the parents and tag-along friends, the lounge was perfect. Well stocked, drinks we're well done and not overpriced. Again staff was super friendly. I see one improvement that would benefit the hotel and its guests; they should open up serving window to the water park kitchen and provide a bar menu!
We had a great time! We come to Billings often, but they don't allow pets (our other child..haha), so we can't come everytime, but will certainly fit it in as often as we can.
Thanks Big Horn!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Danette P
bighornresort, General Manager at Big Horn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Thank you for you very truthful review. We strive to make our guests comfortable and allow them a great time. We are thrilled that we hit the mark for your stay and we look forward to your next visit. We do have the ability to order snacks from the Reef for the lounge guests and I will make sure that they have a menu available in the future.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

This is an extremely great place. The waterpark is a bit pricy. However, the rooms are NICE and CLEAN, the breakfast is awesome, and the place is quiet. I stayed there a week, and try to think of reasons to stay again... but I live here! They don't allow pets... really bad move. That's the only reason we left.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
bighornresort, General Manager at Big Horn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Tnak you for your candid comments. We love to hear when we have done a great job. Sorry we do not take pets, we have alot of hospital patients and want to be allergy free for that need. I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed in the Big Horn Resort after cancelling at the Super 8. It was a great move on our part. The room was big and clean, and comfortable. The staff was friendly, and the hot breakfast was so welcome after a long week. The hotel was a little out of the way from the places we wanted to see in Billings, but not so much that it mattered. I was happy to stay there, and I'll remember that if I ever visit the area again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Bryan W
bighornresort, General Manager at Big Horn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Thank you for you candid comments. We love to hear when we have done a great job and look forward to your next visit.