“great fish too”
Review of Jake's Restaurant

Jake's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Jake's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 362 Restaurants in Billings
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2014

we were here on July 4th when most other restaurants were closed. We had the halibut and salmon -- both very good, large portions.

Same other good features of the restaurant -- very good service, very clean place.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

I had a couple of appetizers at the bar, instead of the huckleberry ribs which was my first choice.
So maybe this review is a little unfair. The won top shrimp were delicious with two great sauces.
However the Teriayke Beef bites were very tuff and lacked taste. Since this was a $10 item, and had been recommended to me. I was clearly disappointed. Also I had the Glacier ale, which was pleasant, but at $5 a pint, a little high priced. I think pints of ale/beer need to be in $3-4 range.
This isn't NYC or LA, and for a local beverage, somewhat overpriced.
Maybe I'm a cheapskate, but any beef dish need not be chewy.

JakesDT R, General Manager at Jake's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2014

I am sorry to hear about your visit. Usually the tidbits are full of tender juicy pieces of filet. It has been one of the staple appetizers for Jakes the past 20 years. I hope next time you are around you will stop in allow us a second chance to do better for you.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

I had a yen for steak and this place was recommended by the desk clerk at my hotel. I opted for the filet and steamed veggies which came with a nice salad. The steak was the best I've had in years. The service was excellent and the atmosphere decidedly upscale. I'll definitely stop by the next time I'm in Billings.

Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

We arrived in town hungry and inbetween the lunch and dinner hours. Only the lunch menu was available and we wanted steaks. Had an event at 6pm so we couldn't eat later. Jennifer, an amazing server who seemed to be serving solo (got busy before we left) suggested the steak sandwich. I normally avoid bread but have to say it was outstanding. The bun was also very good. She also suggested subbing the salad for the fries, the cilantro dressing suggested by Jennifer was also very good.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We were referred by a local as they best place in Billings to get a steak. They were correct. The baseball cut top sirloin was very flavorful and cooked perfect. If you order a baked potato they come with butter, sour cream bacon & chives and serve your toppings tableside. Drinks were good and service was great.