“Nice staff, rooms and pool”

Best Western Plus Kelly Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

We spend one night on our way to Yellowstone. The staff were all wonderful. Nice and clean rooms. The pool area was great. Even had warm cookies at night for the kids. Would definitely recommend them.

• Stayed: July 2012
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Thank you for your comments about our staff going the "extra mile" for our guests. Even though you had to leave early, I'm glad that you could still enjoy a part of our breakfast bar. Again, thank you for letting us know what a great job our staff is doing!

Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

Comfortable beds. Small water park for kids to wear down after a long day of driving, clean rooms. Well my room was clean but traveling party's room had a 'smell'. Other than that all great. Make sure to request a first floor room! Each room has a door to the Parking lot and a internal door. Sure makes for nice loading and unloading of car.

• Stayed: July 2011
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on tripadvisor! We appreciate knowing what amenities and rooms our guests enjoy. It's always good to hear comments about our water playland that seems to delight families. If you return to our area, please consider staying with us again.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

This hotel was typical BW - clean, large rooms, comfortable beds and great night's sleep.
Location was in a "motel village" out of town - but was fine if you have a car which most people do.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 10, 2012

My husband dog and I stayed for one night on our way back to Canada. It was very clean and we checked in fast. They have a pool with lots of stuff for kids to play on. Younger ones would have liked it better. My husband is a Diamond Member and I don't recall any upgrade. Sometimes when travelling with a dog there isn't much choice. The beds were good but the room above us got up at 6 am and had heavy feet. Why do people not try to be a little more considerate. We ate across the road at a Mexican place. The food was okay but we aren't big Mexican food eaters. There was a mini putt across the roads for the kids. At the restaurant it is attached to a sports bar and 'casino'. It had about 20 machines and we played for a bit($20) and left. Why does Montana think 20 slots makes a Casino? Breakfast was the usual fare and it was all good. We'd stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
bratrat, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelly Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Thank you for being one of our Best Western Rewards Diamond Members! Please note that our Diamond Members are always given bonus points upon check-out and placed in our over-sized and/or upgraded rooms upon check-in if available. We welcome pets in any room on either our first or second floors so our four-legged friends have quite a few different room types to choose from. We appreciate your comments and hope you will return to see us soon.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

I have stayed here numerous times over the past couple of years, and the staff here are the best I ever encounter...and I travel for a living. They are genuinely helpful, pleasant, and efficient. The facility is gorgeous and shows real pride of ownership; they have everything you could possibly want and they take very good care of it. I look forward to staying there every time my travels take me there.

Room Tip: I have never had a bad room here.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
bratrat, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelly Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

It's always great to hear from our return guests who make us their "home away from home" when they visit Billings. Thank you for letting us know that you find our staff and property consistently comfortable! We hope you will be back to see us soon.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

First off, I am a Best Western Rewards Diamond level (top tier level meaning I spend A LOT of money with this hotel chain) and tried checking into this hotel using a free nights voucher given to my due to the amount of time I stay in Best Western's. The reason I had to use the voucher was due to a different Best Western hotel double charging my debit card from the night before and therefor I didn't have any money on my debit card anymore and the free night voucher was about to expire soon. ( A little useless background info, I work in banking security and refuse to use credit cards but will use debit cards when I travel and put just enough money in my account for however long I will be gone in case any hotel needs to take a hold on the card and then pay cash at checkout)

Anyway, I made the reservation earlier through Best Western and arrived a few hours later to check in and when I did I was asked to see my debit card as they were going to put a hold of over $100 on the card for the price of the room as if I had to pay for it. I explained to them what had happened with my card and thats why I was using my free night voucher and asked for them to call the General Manager to make an exception as I have stayed at this property anywhere from 4-8 times a year for the last three to four years. I even offer that if possible I would be able to put a $500 cash deposit on the room and they could inspect the room in the morning for any damage before giving me my deposit back. The clerk called the GM and talked to her and even looked up my history and explained to the GM that I have stayed many times and that she even remembered seeing me many times over the years, only to have the GM say she wouldn't make any exceptions no matter how many times I have stayed with the hotel. I am also traveling with my dog (her being a reason I stay with so many Best Westerns as so many of their hotels accept pets without outrages pet fees) so instead of working with me they refuse to rent me a room and force me to find a decent hotel that accepts pets without charging me $100 pet fee, which is hard in Billings close to 9pm at night.

While I understand having a credit card on file for room damages, I offered a VERY reasonable solution to this and have also been a regular guest of this hotel and have easily spent a couple thousand dollars at this hotel alone, and on top of that I am a Diamond Member of Best Western and stay close to 100 nights a year in this chain. What a horrible way to treat a valued customers of Best Western and this hotel just lost a long time guest. Also, I will be contacting Best Western about how this properties GM treats its Diamond members.

On the plus side, thankfully I am also a Priority Club member and I ended up at the Holiday Inn Grand Montana and they were FANTASTIC! The front desk was very friendly, gave me an upgraded room even with my dog and the room was very nice and clean. The Holiday Inn just gained a repeat guest and the Best Western could learn a lesson about service from them.

Room Tip: A good room would be staying at another hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank spokanecougar
bratrat, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelly Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

Our goal is always to find ways to best serve our guests yet establish procedures that are consistent, fair and equitable to all our customers. Whether guests book on-line, call our national Best Western Central Reservations Service, or call us direct, each person is told that a credit or debit card that will authorize for the first night is required at check in. Our guests are always treated to a great breakfast, cookies in the evening, pillowtop beds in every room, and best of all...no pet deposit is ever required! When available, our Diamond members are upgraded to our Executive King rooms or over-sized Double Queen rooms and receive their bonus points with every stay! We do hope that you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

I've stayed here several times for work and could have stayed elsewhere on subsequent trips but chose to return. It's a nice hotel with a family atmosphere. The pool is a kid's play-land with nets and climbing things, bucket waterfalls, etc. I never went it as I wasn't with my family, but my son would have loved it. There are some (dive?) restaurants nearby (walking distance) and an Irish bar; everything else you need to drive to. It's about 10 minutes outside Billings (very close to Cabella's if that's of interest). I've had rooms upstairs and downstairs. For work, it was nice to have a downstairs room that I could park right in front of to load and unload gear. The hotel was extremely accomodating in terms of confernce room use and temporary storage as we had a lot of gear. If you go into Billings and want a high-end meal, I can't recommend Walker's highly enough, they're great.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
bratrat, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelly Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel and customer service while you were here in Billings for a conference. We do hope you will come again with your family so you can relax with them and enjoy our water playland. Take advantage of the lowest prices of the summer when you reserve your room early! We look forward to seeing you again soon.