“Best deal in Billings”
Review of Kelly Inn Billings

Kelly Inn Billings
Ranked #24 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed December 15, 2009

I'm a road warrior and have stayed here over 20 times in the last 2 years. I've never had a problem with a room. The beds have always been comfortable and the rooms clean. I've never seen any sign of a bug of any kind.

In regards to a previous review, I think it's kind of a cheap shot to flame a hotel for a guest's failure to gather up their stuff before leaving - but that's just my opinion. I understand their disappointment, but that's not cause to title a post, "Watch your stuff".

Best of all, the rates are unbeatable. The few times that I shopped around, I couldn't find another hotel that could beat the price.

I strongly recommend that you check this place out - and take the previous reviews with a grain of salt. And NO, I don't work for Clubhouse nor am I being compensated for this review. I just think some of the previous posts did not accurately reflect the conditions.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed July 18, 2009

We spent a night here after my husband had eye surgery. The room was okay. I had my laptop on my charger with a short surge protector (hot pink) and managed to miss picking it up when we checked out. I called immediately the next morning and they claimed it had not been turned in and showed little interest in checking. I called again the next day and was met with about the same result only insisted they look further. End result I am out a $100 charger and difficult to find cord. Of course the belongings were found. Were I the manager I would certainly question the honesty of the maid staff that this was not turned in.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank cactusranch
Reviewed July 15, 2009

I recently stayed here and toward the end of my stay had started noticing itchy red bug bites on my body for a couple days. On my last day, I awoke to find a bed bug crawling on the mattress right in front of my face. I killed it and informed the staff immediately. The head housekeeper came and saw the bug and my bites, and told me she would speak to the manager about getting me a refund for my stay. I was told at the front desk that the manager wouldn't be in until 3pm, and I had to catch a flight so I couldn't wait around.

When I called the manager from the airport, she told me I'd have to contact Priceline for a refund because I had booked through them. I contacted Priceline, and they have informed me the hotel refuses to offer any refund for my trouble.

I have had to wash all my clothes in hot water (ruined some) and replace my luggage. My upper body is covered in super itchy red bug bites that look disgusting. I will probably have to treat my belongings again in order to fully get rid of the bugs because apparently one treatment doesn't always kill all the eggs.

I am appalled with this hotel's handling of the whole issue. I am sure they claim they don't have any bed bugs, but I am here to say - the bug on the bed was real, and so are all these itchy bug bites on my body.

They couldn't pay me to stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
5  Thank Survey_Sayss
wygolfer, Manager at Kelly Inn Billings, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2009

Thank you for your comments on your stay. During the guests 11 night stay the morning the guest checked out was the first we heard of any problems with insect’s. We have a reputable pest control vendor that services our property on a regular schedule. Upon your complaint we called this vendor ASAP to inspect the room, no evidence was found; however, we did take precautionary measures to be sure.

Reviewed January 18, 2009

We needed to stay at this hotel for one night passing through on our way to Washington. We had our 5 dogs with us and had requested a suite (which I was told was the size of 2 rooms, it definitely is only the size of a single room). Although there was no pet deposit or fee, the room we were given was in no way big enough, eventhough I was assured that it would be. Also, all pet rooms are on the second floor. This is really not a great idea, you would think that the management/owners would want the pets to be the closest to the outside that they can be.

A few other problems: ran out of hot water in the shower, it definitely wasn't cleaned (found a few things left behind from the previous occupant), the comforters were disgusting and had not been cleaned (there was a visible coffee stain and it still smelled like coffee, so it definitely hadn't been cleaned), this is also an extremely loud hotel. The walls were paper thin and you could hear absolutely everyone that was walking down the hall, especially the screaming and running children early in the morning and late at night. Some soundproofing would definitely be a great investment for this hotel.

Overall, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I was thoroughly disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MrsMAJL
wygolfer, Manager at Kelly Inn Billings, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2009

Thank you for your business and your comments. We are known for being “pet friendly” and we were happy to accommodate you and your pets. Our hotel has oversized guest rooms and our suites are larger than our oversized guest rooms. We agree that the first floor is much more accommodating for pets than the second floor, however you requested a suite, and our suites are located only on second and third floor. Our hotel has not experienced hot water shortages and our hotel is constructed with emphasis on sound and constructs better sound walls than most standard hotels. We are sorry you experienced issues with water and noise. We take pride in our hotel and always work to ensure our guests satisfaction and maintain high levels of standards at our hotel. Again, thank you for feedback.

Reviewed September 19, 2008

We were on vacation from our home in Tennessee on a fly/drive trip from Salt Lake City to Rapid City, SD. We spent one night in Billings.

We arrived to the smell of popcorn - a nice touch! We had requested a room on the top floor, but had been assigned one on the 2nd. I requested one on the third (top) floor and was accommodated, and then the clerk saw on his screen my request (made at booking) for the top floor, so he wondered why it'd not been done in the first place.

In addition to the popcorn, one could also get juices, gatorade, soft drinks, etc. A nice appetizer before dinner! (There's a Cracker Barrel right next door, too).

In the room, which had a nice, pleasant non-overpowering scent, was a vanity on the opposite wall from the beds next to a half-wall - kind of different. The beds were firm, but not hard, and were comfy.

Wireless internet in the room was free and quick.

The shower flow was minimal and some mildew was on the shower curtain. The A/C was quiet and worked well.

The breakfast was in a spacious area, with juices, coffee, milk, toast, bagels, danish, waffles, sausage, cereal and fruit.

Overall, we were pleased with our stay.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 12, 2008

All in all, our stay here was very comfortable. My boyfriend and our two cats stayed in two double bed room in August of 2008. The room was very large, a lot of space. This doesn't really matter much to me, but lots of people on this website seem really concerned about that. The room was very clean and comfortable (much more important to me). The pool looked nice but I didn't go in it.

A few things are keeping me from giving this five stars, however. When we arrived, there was a good 7-10 minute wait for someone to come to the desk and check us in. We had driven for over 8 hours from Spokane, Washington and had two very unhappy cats with us, so every minute counted. Also, the women that checked us in were not overly helpful either. I had booked a AAA discount for the room and it didn't appear on the bill. I asked the woman about this and she said that regardless of what the bill said, I would be charged the rate that I had booked the hotel under. I asked her to remove and she repeated that she didn't need to. Needless to say, when we got the bill, I hadn't been given the AAA discount. The woman that checked us out was really nice and took care of it the next day. But their evening staff needs some customer service lessons, especially during a time when a lot of people are looking for work!

It was really crowded while we were there, so the breakfast area was packed. It would have been nice if an employee would have tried to organize a line or something resembling one. The food items weren't great either--this was an extended continental breakfast, so better than some I've seen, but not nearly as good as some other deluxe continental breakfasts that we've had. But then, it was free so can't complain too much. Finally, even with the AAA discount, this was a pretty expensive place for Billings, Montana. I think that you could do just as well for less money at another hotel.

Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed July 25, 2008

I drove across the country on 90 and used this hotel as one of my stopping points. The rooms were clean and comfy, the people at the desk were extremely nice, and to top it all off they allowed my cats there without an additional charge! The hotel is close to 90, and also conveniently located to plenty of places to grab a bite to eat. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)