“Had to leave and find another hotel”
Review of Kelly Inn Billings

Kelly Inn Billings
Ranked #27 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Custer, South Dakota
“Had to leave and find another hotel”
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

I made a reservation through booking.com and the confirmation listed a 3:00 pm check in time. I arrived at 3:40 pm and was informed that the check in time was 4:00 pm. They did not have a room ready and I was informed that one would be ready in 25 - 30 minutes. I left and returned in 30 minutes and the room was not ready and was informed that they were still laundering sheets and towels. After another 30 minutes they still did not have a room ready. I called booking.com and they had to try several times to get the hotel to answer the phone, and when they finally answered they still did not find out when a room would be ready. During the time I was trying to find out about my room availability at least one other customer left due to the confusion and wait for service. The hotel is seriously understaffed, obviously doesn't have enough linen inventory and had the attitude that they were right - not the customer. I finally left and secured a room elsewhere.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Gary R
SMField, General Manager at Kelly Inn Billings, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
I do apologize that the staff was unable to check you into your room at check-in time. Our staff does strive to have rooms ready by 4pm. Unfortunately we are not always able to achieve that goal.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We stayed here on our trip to Denver. The hotel was clean. The beds were very comfortable and room was cool. The pool/hot tub was nice. Workout area was small but about what we expected. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: lower number rooms are closer to the elevator. They do have stairs in the back if you have a higher...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
glinnell, General Manager at Kelly Inn Billings, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide future guests with some tips. We look forward to seeing you again!
Helena, Montana
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The manager is very rude. Her staff took my reservations and when I tried to pay they told me to wait as they were going to offer me a group rate for 4 rooms. I was to get a call from someone with the group rate amount, but was told
I did have the reservations. I got a phone message, called back and the person was gone for the day. Called the next day and the "group rate" person was out. Was referred to her manager. Who was condescending and rude from the very first word out of her mouth. She laughed at the thought of 4 rooms being a group, stating it was 10. I explained I did not ask for a group rate, I was offered one. And although I tried to pay I was told to wait for the call with the discounted rates.
She informed me they were booked and I did not even have reservations! Needless to say, we will never ever stay at this hotel. And will make sure everyone we knows hears about the rude manager!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel to be sure your reservation is really taken!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Mymemama
Minot, North Dakota
Reviewed April 23, 2014

After a long day of driving with my family of four, my wife and I decided to spend the night in Billings. The Kelly Inn sign caught our eye, and we crossed our fingers that, at 2 a.m., there was a room available. We were greeted by a wonderful woman at the front desk named Michelle. And I've got to say that Michelle treated us like family the second we walked in the door!
When we checked into our room we found it to be very clean, nice and roomy. The parking outside is well lit and we had no doubt that our vehicle was going to be safe for the night.

If roominess and cleanliness is a priority when looking for a place to lay your head for the night, then I would recommend the Kelly Inn in Billings. We'll be staying there again our next time through Montana, guaranteed!

Thank you to Michelle, Gail and all the staff for a wonderful stay!

Mark

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Mark G
glinnell, General Manager at Kelly Inn Billings, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
So glad you enjoyed your stay - we look forward to seeing you next time!
Helena, Montana
Reviewed April 13, 2014

i stayed at the Kelly Inn for business and found it to be very clean and comfortable. the king sized bed was very comfortable. breakfast in the morning was great! and it was quiet! restaurants are nearby and there's easy access to hwy 90.

Room Tip: my room was on the south end of the hotel, room 333.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review - we look forward to seeing you again!
TOMAHAWK
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

I have to say this is one of the better motels we have ever stayed at. It has easy access from the interstate, with restaurants and gas stations close by. The entire staff was very friendly and helpful. The room itself could not have been any better. The continental breakfast was also nice. The best part of the stay, it was quite, no noise from the outside which can be annoying.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RONALD E
Thank you for the review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you next time you come to Billings!
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We stayed here for one night en route to Big Sky, MT. Check-in was very smooth and we were in our 2nd floor room immediately. The elevator is slow, so it's only neccesary when you have luggage. The room was quite roomy, clean and has a great layout with the sink being outside the bathroom. I did not use the fitness centre or pool but both looked good. The breakfast is good with a waffle maker, cereal, milk, juice, fruit, yogurt, pastries, toast, etc... Although if you get caught in the breakfast rush you'll be eating in your room. The hotel is located just off the interstate and the staff is friendly, I recommend this hotel for maybe even more than a night.

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms are drive-up motel style, easy for transporting luggage
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family