“Good, Solid Hotel”
Review of Kelly Inn Billings

Kelly Inn Billings
Ranked #27 of 51 Hotels in Billings
Reviewed September 12, 2008

All in all, our stay here was very comfortable. My boyfriend and our two cats stayed in two double bed room in August of 2008. The room was very large, a lot of space. This doesn't really matter much to me, but lots of people on this website seem really concerned about that. The room was very clean and comfortable (much more important to me). The pool looked nice but I didn't go in it.

A few things are keeping me from giving this five stars, however. When we arrived, there was a good 7-10 minute wait for someone to come to the desk and check us in. We had driven for over 8 hours from Spokane, Washington and had two very unhappy cats with us, so every minute counted. Also, the women that checked us in were not overly helpful either. I had booked a AAA discount for the room and it didn't appear on the bill. I asked the woman about this and she said that regardless of what the bill said, I would be charged the rate that I had booked the hotel under. I asked her to remove and she repeated that she didn't need to. Needless to say, when we got the bill, I hadn't been given the AAA discount. The woman that checked us out was really nice and took care of it the next day. But their evening staff needs some customer service lessons, especially during a time when a lot of people are looking for work!

It was really crowded while we were there, so the breakfast area was packed. It would have been nice if an employee would have tried to organize a line or something resembling one. The food items weren't great either--this was an extended continental breakfast, so better than some I've seen, but not nearly as good as some other deluxe continental breakfasts that we've had. But then, it was free so can't complain too much. Finally, even with the AAA discount, this was a pretty expensive place for Billings, Montana. I think that you could do just as well for less money at another hotel.

Stayed: August 2008
There are newer reviews for Kelly Inn Billings

Reviewed July 25, 2008

I drove across the country on 90 and used this hotel as one of my stopping points. The rooms were clean and comfy, the people at the desk were extremely nice, and to top it all off they allowed my cats there without an additional charge! The hotel is close to 90, and also conveniently located to plenty of places to grab a bite to eat. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed July 23, 2008

This place is almost great.

Pool/Hot Tub - Hot tub is very warm. Not too hot, but quite warm. The pool wasn't too bad either. It was indoors and heated, so it was nice and warm. It has a "deep" end and a shallow end. However the deep end was only 5 ft I believe. The only negative for this area is that it is WAY too hot and humid in the pool area. The pool area is enclosed and needs vents to the outside. It felt like it was about 90% humidity in there.

Fitness Area - This is one of the two big negatives I have for this place. When advertising that you have a fitness area, MAKE SURE IT WORKS, please. It had a recumbent style exercise bike, a treadmill and a universal style weight machine. The bike and the treadmill worked just fine. Unfortunately the weight machine had big DO NOT USE signs all over it. The weights were the main reason we wanted to use the fitness area, so this was a huge disappointment. The fitness area is entered via a door from the pool area. Poor design. You walk by the hot tub and potentially get your feet/shoes wet, then use equipment? You need your room key to get into the pool, but a special key from the front desk to get into the fitness area. This was another big hassle. (See front desk section for more info.).

Room - We had an executive king suite. It included a king bed, microwave, and fridge. Large TV, etc. Very nice room.

Hallways/Etc - Stairwells are place in odd locations. They also have no cooling ability, and when it is hot in Billings, it is EXTREMELY hot in these stair wells. Stairwells also had a very odd and gross smell to them. Hallways were fine though, and very clean.

Staff - Not knowledgeable and very indifferent about everything. Upon checking in, the girl seemed nice but did not tell us anything about where the room was, where breakfast was, what time breakfast was, nothing about the pool, and nothing about the fitness center. When we wanted to use the pool, I had read that we needed a special key, so we went straight to the desk. The girl that was there was on the phone with a personal call talking about passing out on someone else's bed. She told us that we only needed the room key. We tried it, and to no surprise it didn't work. She tried to re-key the card, but still nothing. On the third trip back to the desk to get in, she finally asked someone else. This other girl knew there was a special key and she found a key chain. She went with us, but she couldn't get it open. So on the fourth trip to the desk, she talked to a guy that worked there and he helped her find the right key. On check out, the girl was very indifferent about everything. We told her we wanted to check out and she asked if we had a receipt already. If we did, would we have needed to go to the desk? I think not. She didn't bother to ask about how our stay was or if there were problems etc.

Overall - If you can get around these young lazy people working the desk, and if they decide to fix the weight set, then this is a great place to stay. Easy access from the freeway. Easy access to things on King Ave. Price wasn't too bad either.

Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank BoiseBronco
Reviewed July 15, 2008

Reasonable rates, clean, quiet rooms, comfortable beds, decent breakfast, convenient location. Highly recommend

• Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank aspen78
Reviewed June 23, 2008

Spent the weekend at this property and did several day trips to surrounding National Park Service sites (Bighorn Canyon, Little Bighorn Battlefield) as well as local museums in Billings.

Hotel conveniently located off I-90. Indoor pool great for families with children. Breakfast area spacious and clean. Breakfast included waffles.

Rooms were very large and well-appointed with easy chair and ottoman, desk and chair, dresser/TV stand. Rooms also had single-serve coffee makers and hair dryers. Lots of lighting.

Very clean rooms and comfortable beds.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dangrad
Reviewed May 8, 2008

The staff was friendly, the pool was warm. the rooms were cleans.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jennafer719
Reviewed January 30, 2008

Room was large, with couch and table. Micro, Frig.

Very nice and clean. Bed was a little soft for me but comfortable/okay.

Hotel staff was fairly nice and the housekeeping was accomodating and able to take care of our needs.

We traveled with dogs, they have a couple areas to go potty.

Morning breakfast was okay, sausage and waffles along with cereals and coffee, juice, etc.

We arrived on a Friday it was a bit noisey over the weekend, but not terrible, apparently the pool is the place to be with kids. Everyone was very polite though and kept their children under control it seemed.

They are doing some remodeling, but couldn't really hear any thing from that activity, the 1st floor hallway was a bit busy though.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business