“The good, the bad, and the ugly”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Rex

Rex
Reserve with OpenTable
Rex is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 342 Restaurants in Billings
Cuisines: American, Bar, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 24th St N.
Everett, Washington
“The good, the bad, and the ugly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

Decided to sit outside and dine al fresco. Probably a mistake! I had a glass of wine and when I went to take a sip, noticed there was a colony of tiny bugs back floating in my glass! The Rex did replace it and I kept a hand over my glass for the duration!

My husband had the smoked brisket which came with beans and cole slaw. He said it was excellent! I had the garlic filet and requested it medium. It arrived with a lovely salad...my choice was the wedge salad, and with a baked potato. The only problem was that the steak was served somewhere between rare and medium rare. I let our waiter know and he took the steak back. I always have a concern about what happens in the kitchen when you complain...but ya never know. The steak was returned and it was warm and only slightly more cooked.

Waiter was great and the location is excellent.

1 Thank HRCinder

Fort Worth, Texas
“Outstanding menu, comfortable atmosphere, and darn nice staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

Loved all the choices on the menu, the patio atmosphere and the friendly staff. Enjoyed the cheese board with friends and then had the buffalo which was outstanding. Made my wife jealous when I described the experience. Would return and am thankful for the recommendation Stephen Fox gave me to visit.

Haslett, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh and Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

My family and I came in for lunch. The food was fresh and delicious. Loved the baked beans! The decor was great and our waitress was nice and came by to refill our drinks every few minutes. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Casper, Wyoming
“Disappointed..disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Have eaten numerous times at the "old" Rex. It "was" the Best in Billings!
Things have changed.
My salad plate was filthy/ greasy fingerprints. (Returned for another) Our order took over 50 minutes to arrive. In the meantime we were offered two loaves of bread.
The garlic mashed had little flavor and had crusted over and no garlic. My 6 oz sirloin was crusted as if under the warmer for quite awhile but prepared as ordered but without seasoning. My daughters Nachos were excellent. My wife's house salad was over priced but tasty. Very few vegetarian options.

4 Thank JC E
Minot, North Dakota
“Awesome Steak!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

I ordered the sirloin and couldn't have been more happy with it. I'm pretty picky when it comes to steak but the steak I had was cooked medium rare as requested (most places overcook). I would highly recommend the Rex if you are visiting Billings. Prices are a little higher but worth it.

Been to Rex? Share your experiences!