“Good food and Location”
Review of Rex - CLOSED

Rex
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 24th St N.
Herts
“Good food and Location”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We went here for dinner on a Saturday night. Most of the other diners seemed to be locals. We sat in a very nice outdoor patio. We had ribs, which although tender, could have done with some more sauce. We also had a good reasonably priced bottle of malbec. The service was friendly and efficient. Very good experience.

• Visited July 2013

Bozeman, Mt
“Good Prime rib sandwich”
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Best blackend prime rib sandwich in the state. I've had it a half dozen times. Fantastic!

The bar staff is great and its got a fun atmosphere. Good location in the heart of downtown.

• Visited July 2013
“Quality collapse”
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

This was my third time at the restaurant. I visited it twice before in the last two years, and i liked both food and service, but the last time was a HUGE disappointment. We went there for lunch. Food was late and greasy, lettuce has seen its best days last year, and i saw the waitress scoop ice for drinks from an unclean looking cooler. After spending for all that 60$ for lunch for 3, it's our last time there. Do not recommend.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank Nolanda
bozeman, mt
“Swing and a miss...”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Let's start with the good: Great location, best patio in Billings by far, nice bar, amazingly good parking for downtown, and they serve food late. That gets the Rex up to the 3-circle review instead of lower. As far as actual restaurant performance, it is much worse. The Rex brands itself as a nice place to eat, maybe a place you'd go on a special occasion. They fail. The sevice is at the level of bar service, or like you'd get at a diner. The wait staff isn't very knowledgeable of the menu, especially the alcohol. Speaking of alcohol, the wait staff doesn't know how to open wine. The stemware they serve wine in sucks. And the beer is expensive.

The food is ok, not great, and certainly not at the level the Rex suggests they are. If you need some food late, the Rex is a good spot on Montana Ave. If you want a classy restaurant experience, you are better off at TEN (the Northern) or Walkers, or even Jake's in the dining room.

Unfortunately, the Rex is the only option open late, so I end up going there. If the Rex took their game up a notch, I'd actually be happy when everyone I'm with suggests going threre.

• Visited June 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Good barbecue”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

After reading mixed reviews about Rex, we decided to try it for ourselves. My brother and I both went for the barbecue combos, he had ribs & brisket, I had chicken and ribs. The meats were deliciously smokey and tender. I could not stop eating even though I was full. The sides were ok, nothing special and the selection of sauces brought to the table were pretty good. My husband had seared ahi which was excellent. We were all pretty happy, stuffed and I thought the total bill was amazingly low. Four glasses of wine, a beer and 3 dinners for under $80.00 - not bad.

Visited June 2013