“BYOB.....literally”

Cafe Zydeco
Ranked #36 of 350 Restaurants in Billings
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

It's was a cute little restaurant down town that was BYOB. Some people came in with wine and one couple brought in a couple beers. The atmosphere was great and the place was decorated nicely! My husband had the shrimp po boy which he said was good, a little small for the price and it doesn't come with a side or anything. I had the pasta zydeco, the shrimp were huge but it could have had a little more flavor. We also ordered the gumbo, not available in a side... It was lacking in flavor.

I will go back and eat there as I like eating in little locally owned places but I will order something different... Perhaps jambalaya :-)

3  Thank Minnesotabred
There are newer reviews for Cafe Zydeco

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Used TripAdvisor to find a non-chain option for a road-trip dinner in Billings and were pleasantly surprised to find Cafe Zydeco. We've traveled in Louisiana a lot and know our Creole/Cajun fare -- Cafe Zydeco isn't going to match what you'll find in Lafayette or New Orleans, but it was very tasty, economical, and fast. You order at the counter and food is delivered quickly to your table. The atmosphere was fun, too - Cafe Zydeco is housed in a historic row-front building with high tin ceilings, downtown opposite the train tracks - it's part of a 3-block strip of rejuvenated central Billings, with lively restaurants and bars marked with classic neon-signs to evoke a 1930s or '40s feel. Inside there were posters of Louisiana music icons on the walls and authentic zydeco tunes to accompany our meal. We tried the Bayou Po-Boy (grilled shrimp and crawfish on a French roll) and the Shrimp and Grits with meuniere sauce, for $10-11 each. The grits were a bit unusual - served as two large fried triangles, rather than the expected soft bowl - but creamy inside, and flavorful. Topped it off with the bread pudding and praline sauce - again, not the best I've had down South, but very good nonetheless. We'd come back for sure - and it definitely beats your typical Applebees or the like on the Interstate exit.

4  Thank ardentadventurer
Reviewed February 26, 2014

The food was great, and everything was fresh and if you want a large delicious sandwich with tons of flavor this is your place. And the catfish sooo good.

4  Thank lmaniscola
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Our first visit to the Billings Cafe Zydeco surpassed our expectations!

The food was so delicious. We had the jambalaya and a pasta specialty; we loved both!

The place was not that busy, but the service was good and the ambiance was nice.

We can't wait to visit again!

4  Thank Badrhino
Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

Ever since I spent a week in Louisiana a couple years ago I have been dying to go back for the food. I finally have a place to get my fix! Everything we tried was delicious and I like the atmosphere. Friendly employees and quick service. We were even told that they could make our dishes spicier if we liked. The only thing I wish they had is boudin balls. Oh well, I will be back often to try everything on their menu :)

4  Thank Jessica S