“Not horrible, but not great either”

Cactus Creek Steak Outfitters and Saloon
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Regina, Canada
“Not horrible, but not great either”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We went at 5:30 on Thursday and there were literally two other people in whole place. We were greeted and seated promptly, and our server was nice enough. My husband ordered a clubhouse and I ordered the club sirloin medium rare. Our food came relatively quickly, but there was no excuse for anything otherwise since the place was more or less empty. However, my steak was more medium well done than medium rare. Cooking a steak properly is pretty basic - one would think. That said, the baked potato and veggies were good, but the mushrooms had a very odd flavour. My husband's meal was okay. We were going to order dessert, but our server just brought the bill without asking if we wanted anything else. Cinnabon got our money for dessert instead. Too many other places to try, we probably wouldn't return here.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Donna S
FBerry972, General Manager at Cactus Creek Steak Outfitters and Saloon, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us; as I've said in the past, "I cannot fix a problem if I do not know about it", and so I appreciate whatever feedback helps make us better. We have recently had a turnover in staff and we will be implementing measures to guarantee that your experience will be even better in the future. Again, thank you for helping us to improve, and we very much hope to see you again.

“Would not recommended”
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Went here for a beer after work with my husband. I got there first as he was not off work quite yet. Waited over 10 min to be acknowledged and it was not busy. We were there for an hr and bar tender did not come back and check on us. Also noticed others leaving for the same reason. We did speak to the manager, but don't plan on returning

3 Thank tonichadviolet
Corvallis, Oregon
“Great Experience”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We ate dinner here on a very snowy day last week. We were pretty much the only ones in the restaurant due to the weather. We had a GREAT waitress (she was bartender and waitress - Monica maybe?). She made our whole experience FANTASTIC. Great service, great personality, even shoveled the snow from the door to our car for us. Food was good. Drinks were good. I'd highly recommend this place!

• Visited February 2014
“Expensive”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We brought our family of 4 here one Saturday night. My husband and I each got the smaller prime rib, our son ate off our plate out daughter got a chef salad we also orders a sampler appetizer one beer for hubby and one for me. Our bill was over $84.00 with out tip. Neat place, but not at all worth that amount of money!!!!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Andy Jenn W
Edmonton, Canada
“Decent Place to watch the Game”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We went here to watch the Thursday night football game as Buffalo Wings was packed. It was very comfortable place to watch the game. Our server was keeping an eye on us ensuring we had everything we needed at any point in time...we also were not bugged about ordering food or lots of drinks. We did order dessert as we had already enjoyed dinner earlier in the evening. It was quite tasty...I had a chocolate mini cake and my husband enjoyed the cheese cake with strawberries.

Visited September 2013
FBerry972, General Manager at Cactus Creek Steak Outfitters and Saloon, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
We are very happy you chose to visit us. We know you had to pass a lot of restaurants in order to reach us and we very much appreciate that. We are happy that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to serving you again.