“Gag”

Cactus Creek Steak Outfitters and Saloon
Cuisines: American, Bar, Steakhouse, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Billings, Montana
“Gag”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Every time we have gone here we have been disappointed. Watered down drinks and bad food. Now when I ask my husband where he wants to go eat, he says Cactus Creek? and we both burst out laughing!

Visited July 2012
2 Thank MontanaHannah
FBerry972, General Manager at Cactus Creek Steak Outfitters and Saloon, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
I am truly sorry for your negative experience at Cactus Creek, and I welcome the opportunity to speak with you. If you agree, I would like to discuss your most valid concerns, and I thank you for bringing them to my attention. As I've said in the past, "I can't fix a problem if I don't know about it". My name is Frank and I am the General Manager of Cactus Creek. I hope to hear from you soon.

Rapid City, South Dakota
“How does this place stay open?”
Reviewed March 15, 2012

After spending many years in the restaurant business, my overall opinion of this place is that is was opened by one of the many people who know nothing about running a restaturant, yet think they can do it better. They failed. First of all, the dining area is basically a large warehouse of a room filled with tables. It is very inpersonal and uncomfortable. The acoustics are terrible and it is quite loud, even when not full. We were not offered the traditional steak house starters such as bread before our meal. I ordered a side ceasar salad to start my meal and was brought a bowl of romain lettuce with a couple of croutons and a side of ceasar dressing. I have never ever ordered a ceasar and not recieved it tossed and dressed. For dinner I ordered the shrimp scampi entree and was surprised that entrees were not served with both a side and a vegetable. I essentially paid $25 for 6 shrimp cooked in what was clearly a butter substitute, and a side of rice. Very over priced and disappointing. My take on the service was that they had just never been properly trained. They were all over the place and a little scattered. I am only giving this restaurant a 2 out of 5 because my fiance's steak was OK and it is conveniently located on King street. That being said, we will not be going back.

• Visited March 2012
5 Thank Audrey W
FBerry972, General Manager at Cactus Creek Steak Outfitters and Saloon, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
I would like to personally apologize for your unhappy experience with us. We have realized that certain things were being done incorrectly, and we have had made several changes in an effort to put us back on the right course. I would very much like to speak with you about your visit here, and about the possibility of you visiting us again. Again, I am sorry for your unexpectedly unhappy visit, and I welcome your call. Frank, General Manager.
Garneill
“great food”
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Good food and was reasonably priced. Service was great. Will go back again.

Visited November 2011
2 Thank pgaugler
FBerry972, Manager at Cactus Creek Steak Outfitters and Saloon, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We very much appreciate it. Frank, General Manager, Cactus Creek Steak Outfitters and Saloon.
Billings, Montana
“WONDERFUL!”
Reviewed October 27, 2010

My husband and I went to Cactus Creek for dinner for our anniversary and it was everything we hoped for and more. We ordered a bottle of wine, appetizers, steaks, and desert, and not a thing went wrong. Our service was excellent, even though our waitress was new. We will certainly be back!!

2 Thank JohnMia
Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special evening. We understand that you had a wide choice of places to celebrate, and you chose Cactus Creek. For that I am grateful. Frank, General Manager, Cactus Creek Steak Outfittesr and Saloon.
Whitehall, Montana
“Very Disappointed!”
Reviewed October 1, 2010

We have ate here many times and have previously enjoyed eating at Cactus Creek but something has happened to the quality. We stopped and had lunch on Sept 26th. It was terrible! My husband has a hamburger and he couldn't eat it! The patty was like...creamy texture, not beefy. I think me best description would that is was like the meat put into a hotdog! UCKY! We won't be back!

3 Thank WesternMontanaMrs