“My favorite place to eat in Billings!”

Walker's American Grill and Tapas Bar
Ranked #7 of 342 Restaurants in Billings
Cuisines: Fusion, American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Featuring a modern American menu inspired by Mediterranean cooking, influenced by local farmers and ranchers, and focusing on housemade freshness and simplicity. Regionally-brewed artisan ales and lagers, award-winning wine list specializing in the world's lesser-known gems, house-crafted cocktails using fresh juices, interesting infusions and classic technique. Commonly described as "Urban Montana" with features from over 20 local artists and craftsmen: barbed wire and hand-blown glass chandeliers, cattle guard bar rails, African mahogany and hand-forged metal bar. Attire includes everything from jeans to tuxedos. Walkers enthusiastically supports local farmers and ranchers, using local and regional ingredients whenever feasible. We are happy to have supported the following Montana producers: Special K Ranch, Three Hearts Farms, Marsh Gardens, Amaltheia Dairy, Kafe Utza, Montana Natural Lamb, Yellowstone Grassfed Beef and Bergie's Ice Cream.
Santa Monica, California
“My favorite place to eat in Billings!”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

On our trip we ate here twice once in the dining room and once at the bar. I enjoyed the atmosphere, the food, and the service. I think my favorite is to sit at the bar and just have a selection of small plates. The bar staff is great with wine chat and recommendations. We enjoyed some lovely wines that paired beautifully with our tapas dishes. I love good quality food, prepared with thought and artistry. I like to taste the chef/owners opinion, after all you are eating in their house. I think it is probably the only place we will eat when we go to Billings. Maybe next time I will try the burger, my favorite food!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank AliceH111

“Great variety”
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

The tapas were excellent! Don't be fooled by the header small plate though. The portions were quite large and the food was very tasty. The downtown location had a great ambience and within walking distance of the hotel. Highly recommend this restaurant. Will have to come back and try their grilled entrees.

1 Thank catvu26
“Nice menu choices in downtown billings”
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

Having dined at many places across the USA , we were pleasantly surprised with our dining experience at walkers. The menu had some great items. I had the Gazpacho soup as an appetizer and the stuffed chicken off the menu. Both were delicious. My wife ordered the beef tenderloin and it was cooked to perfection with accompanied broccoli and potatoes. We we dining in a party of seven and everyone else seemed to enjoy their meals.
The only issue was the waitress ability to uncork bottles of wine. She does need some training in this area. We bought in 2 bottles of very expensive Cabernet and asked then to be carafed. Shen them immediately pored the wine. Oh well !
Overall a very nice dining experience.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Mauricen56
Wyoming
“Good Food, Good Atmosphere, Downtown”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

A friend of mine steered me towards this downtown restaurant. The service was excellent and the food quite good. The dining room is a bit formal, but you can sit at tables in the bar area which are more casual, but not too much so. The dinner were good, I had a lamb chop and my companion had a Wahoo fillet. Both were good, not great. No complaints. I would recommend.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Bizwanderer
Cody, Wyoming
“When In Billings”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We make a point of spending the night in Billings just to go to Walker's. We have yet to have a bad meal or service. Lounge or dinning room, you will have a great experience.

• Visited April 2014