“Small town gem”

Ranked #8 of 359 Restaurants in Billings
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Featuring a modern American menu inspired by Mediterranean cooking, influenced by local farmers and ranchers, and focusing on housemade freshness and simplicity. Regionally-brewed artisan ales and lagers, award-winning wine list specializing in the world's lesser-known gems, house-crafted cocktails using fresh juices, interesting infusions and classic technique. Commonly described as "Urban Montana" with features from over 20 local artists and craftsmen: barbed wire and hand-blown glass chandeliers, cattle guard bar rails, African mahogany and hand-forged metal bar. Attire includes everything from jeans to tuxedos. Walkers enthusiastically supports local farmers and ranchers, using local and regional ingredients whenever feasible. We are happy to have supported the following Montana producers: Special K Ranch, Three Hearts Farms, Marsh Gardens, Amaltheia Dairy, Kafe Utza, Montana Natural Lamb, Yellowstone Grassfed Beef and Bergie's Ice Cream.
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My wife and I visited Walker's in late September based on recent reviews and found it to be a fabulous dining experience on all counts-service, food and atmosphere.
Bookings are recommended, particularly on busy nights and we were fortunate to secure a table for a Saturday night.
The menu has about a dozen or more Tapas starters ranging from meat based dishes through to vegetarian selections so it would accommodate most tastes. We shared a stater between us and had a main dish each which was more than we could finish. The trout main and their signature meatloaf main were both of very high quality along with the accompanying sides of vegetables which were fresh and crisp. The desert selections were tempting but we just didn't have room to try them.
Extensive wine list at reasonable markup rounds out the food and beverage offering at Walker's.
It's a busy restaurant with a lively atmosphere, however the food came out fairly quickly from a very efficient kitchen and our waiter was friendly and quite knowledgable on the detail of individual dishes.
All in all an unexpected gem in a fairly small town in rural USA!
We were only in Billings for one night but would definitely go back to Walter's if we pass through again.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Not what you would expect in Billings, Montana. Very cool place with jazz playing over the sound system, a nice cocktail menu and superior service. Ate at the bar and very happy with how I was treated. If a restaurant has meatloaf on it, chances are it is good...and it is here too. Would definitely return here if I was in Billings again.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I visited Walker's twice on my trip last week and the food and service was outstanding. I had 2 small plates the first night and bartender Keith recommended the Pork belly but my belly was full so I said another time....the whole next day at my conference, all I could think about was that Pork belly. After I finished up for the day, I headed to Walker's to be greeted by Keith, a wonderful glass of wine and the question..."ready for some Pork belly?" Oh boy, was I ever and it was some of the tastiest bites I have had it a long time.....enough going on, go to Walker's, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We were going to be in Billings for one night at the end of a road trip and wanted a good place to celebrate. We chose Walkers because of the ratings on Trip Advisor and we were very glad that we did. The setting is elegant without being snooty and there was a welcoming feel to the place and the people.

Opting for a number of smaller plates spread out as appetizers and entrees, we enjoyed everyone of the dishes immensely. The tastes were clean and exciting but when combined with the presentation, it was the total package.

Service from all was top notch and our server (Zach) especially seemed to combine a professional approach with a very personal touch. He was able to advise, entertain and present our meals in a very genuine manner that made us feel at home.

We had a great time and would definitely visit them again if we are back in Billings.

1  Thank NotLostFound
Reviewed September 16, 2013

For years, this was my go-to place to eat out for special occasions, or for a fancy cocktail or wine before an event or night on the town. The menu was comprehensive with an exceptional wine list. Service was professional and well-trained.
After not having visited for about 6 months or so, I came back for my anniversary dinner. First of all, when we were seated, it was extremely close to the table next to us. I couldn't even hold a quiet conversation with my husband without the next table overhearing every word, and vice versa. Also, directly on the other side, was the entrance to the kitchen, which was horribly loud and kept wait staff zipping by constantly. Not the romantic atmosphere one wants for their anniversary. After dealing with this for about 1/2 hour, we finally asked to be moved to a quieter area, and were accommodated.
The new menu was disappointing. It was hard to find even one entree that sounded appetizing and I ended up going with a pasta, which was fairly good. And the fact that this is called a tapas bar is very misleading. Having appetizers on the menu does not count as tapas.
The wine list had also been slimmed down. There was a specific bottle of Cote du Rhone that I always liked to order with my meals, that was gone. It was difficult to find a bottle that didn't blow the entire meal budget.
Service was excellent - nothing to criticize there at all. Wish they would have stuck with the old menu. Probably won't be going back for a long time - maybe the menu will change again by then.